diameter of water pipe to supply buildings and garden

thing31

Hello

I’ve just bought a 4 Rai land, about 200 meters long (600 feet), the upper half is sloping. I want to install a water pipe system (for garden, shower, house taps etc) connected to the village water system. The meter will be at the top of the land. I wonder if I should buy simply small diameter pipes (½ inch) for the main pipe that will go down until the end of the land, or a bigger diameter (example 1 inch). I'm just worried there is too much pressure in the small size pipe due to the slope, and get leaks … Thanks for your advices :)

don't worry about too much pressure i'm thinking your problem might be not enough pressure.

If you buy 8.5 pipe (which is the middle gauge blue plastic pipe) the 8.5 stands for the pressure it can withstand i.e 8.5 bar or 123.28 psi so it will not blow apart from the mains pressure.

i'd go with same size pipe that the village system delivers the water to your premises with, and hope that the village system is pressurized enough to go up your slope.

Sounds if you have a lot of uses for your water ,is the village  maine supply  2 or 3 inch pipe ,I would take an 1 inch pipe from the maine and use that as your maine for the house you could use a  1/2 or 3/4 inch spur ,for the garden I would 1/2 inch ,you can take more spurs off a maine using 1/2 inch and still maintain some water pressure than using an 3/4-1 inch pipe .

As for to much pressure ,that should not be a problem ,Thai mains pressure is not like our home countries ,our water comes from a water tank only gravity feed no pump .

In our garden we have a pond ,pumping water from the pond  though an 1 inch main ,using 1/2 inch spurs ,they is a lot of pressure they ,more than mains pressure ,never a problem  with leaks.

When buying pipe get the best quality ,they is a lot of different makes of pipe out they .same with fittings ,I have brought some fitting and they have been a sloopy fit on the pipe even with lots of glue not a strong joint .

A lot of farms in this area take a 1/2-3/4 inch pipe from the village maine ,and the end of the line there is  just no pressure ,all the spurs have taken the pressure.

Thank you Kickstart !

Do you remember what brand would be the best for the pipes?

Regarding fittings, do you have a good brand to recommend me also?

I remember I saw the brand 'Thai Pipe' in the shop, is it a good one?

Can I suggest you look at placing a tank at the top of the system as a safe guard against the village system failing. At least you could then have gravity feed from that. Fit it with a float valve so it stays full and a one way so you aren't supplying others during failure, or fill from the top.

11 hours ago, thing31 said:

Thank you Kickstart !

Do you remember what brand would be the best for the pipes?

Regarding fittings, do you have a good brand to recommend me also?

I remember I saw the brand 'Thai Pipe' in the shop, is it a good one?

Thai pipe is a good make ,should not give you any problems .

Archived