Australian man and former Nana nightclub owner acquitted of human trafficking

snoop1130

43 minutes ago, ezzra said:

There are many sudanese war refugees that have been settled in Australia, while the majority of them are well behaving citizens, the same can't be said of several sudanese criminal youth gangs who are busily engaged in all sorts of crimes and at time are boasting that just because they're of a black skin appearance, the police and the judicial system are handling them with kid gloves not to be seen as racist...

Same in England ezra..........political correctness gone mad.

47 minutes ago, ezzra said:

There are many sudanese war refugees that have been settled in Australia, while the majority of them are well behaving citizens, the same can't be said of several sudanese criminal youth gangs who are busily engaged in all sorts of crimes and at time are boasting that just because they're of a black skin appearance, the police and the judicial system are handling them with kid gloves not to be seen as racist...

But it is always better to Boom than Bomb

11 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

From 16 and 19 years to zero. What has the first court done? I guess the evidences were the same.

The article explains it quite clearly, it states that while the first court verdict was based on the belief that the women had had "their passports taken and were forced to work as prostitutes," the second court verdict was because:

The court said that it did not find any evidence to suggest that the victim’s passport had been seized as originally claimed and that the victims had been free to leave their place of work, contrary to earlier claims. 

1 hour ago, neeray said:

I agree with your " I got something" but I see it more like he has a serious itch from whatever he got.

He's actually holding up his chain that shackles his ankles together.  If you don't, then you fall <deleted> over tit.....

13 hours ago, donnacha said:

This sort of thing seems strangely out of character for an Australian.

I would dwell on Sudanese????

Let's ask ourselves why Western countries give passports, while almost all Asian countries do not allow double citizenship. 
Our countries are extremely stupid and mentally deficient for pure fear of being accused of racism from this point of view.

However, every time I read NANA, I dream of a nice redevelopment of the area, a China style forced demolition and the construction of a beautiful public park where children can play happily. 

I think that the 2 words, "Racism" and "Realistic" seem to get mixed up, in just about all stories of Emigration from Africa to any where else in the west. ... Like I Like the Asians approach, ... just do not do it.

Like Australia, will soon start feeling the Pain, and seeing the Destruction, just due to the numbers, .... that Europe already is I think. ... due to Uncontrolled, Immigration like this. ....

Still I will probably be Dead by then ... So it is the next generation, ... those that probably are actually responsible for it, ...  who will see and experience this. 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The court said that it did not find any evidence to suggest that the victim’s passport had been seized as originally claimed and that the victims had been free to leave their place of work, contrary to earlier claims. One of the victims had been able to visit Phuket during the time they claimed to be held under duress. 

In the USA, every sex worker is assumed to be the victim of an evil sex trafficker, google “reason magazine sex trafficking panic”.

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

He's actually holding up his chain that shackles his ankles together.  If you don't, then you fall <deleted> over tit.....

That was my initial assumption, but then I wondered why the photo was pixelated at that body area.

9 hours ago, giddyup said:

He's Sudanese, he may have an Aussie passport.

If he has an Aussie passport he's Australian, otherwise everyone would have one.....  My question is why he would keep his Sudanese one?  And if he didn't keep his Sudanese one why is he being called a Sudanese-Australian?

Maybe because he's white?

7 hours ago, zhounan said:

I would dwell on Sudanese????

Let's ask ourselves why Western countries give passports, while almost all Asian countries do not allow double citizenship. 
Our countries are extremely stupid and mentally deficient for pure fear of being accused of racism from this point of view.

However, every time I read NANA, I dream of a nice redevelopment of the area, a China style forced demolition and the construction of a beautiful public park where children can play happily. 

Depending where you're looking from, Australia is west of everywhere.... I think I've got it!

• 2 weeks later...

OK a number of people are implying that the defendants bought their way to freedom but here's my take on the story;

The defendants fell foul of the police for whatever reason, didn't pay enough or a Mr big wanted the club, so the police raid the joint and arrest the defendant and the girls. They discover that some of the girls are not Thai and tell them they will be prosecuted for prostitution and go to jail before being deported unless they claim to have been trafficked and act a witness' against their former employers. The girls would jump at this and the first trial was very successful for the police. However, two years down the line the defence lawyer has now had time to pick holes in the girls testimony and the girls are a lot less keen to tell lies again. They would struggle to remember the details of their lies and the court would see this which is why they gave the benefit of the doubt to the defendants. The police don't care about the acquittal as the defendants have been out of the picture for two years so job done. 

Archived