Grilled requesting METV and certified ID card?

10 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

On the flip side this autumn I got denied a Thai visa, despite all requirements being in order, by a sneering smirking clerk who made me run around for days before denying it, clearly enjoying his position of power.. I then tried to re-apply in uk, where the constant rule changes made that impossible timing, with a joke of an online application system, and finally just grabbed a single entry from one of few consuls still run by westerners.. A consul BTW thats apparently only got a short life left. Obtaining simple Thai visas also has changed radically from as little as 5 years ago, and they wonder why the long stay tourist market is crumbling. 

Well said. This will continue until our governments begin collective bargaining with the Thai government to get us better deals, although that's unlikely to happen anytime soon if ever.

Are you the guy is warned about mentioning the girlfriend?

Yes, DC and LA are very problematic. I believe is mentioned that in the post as well.

You should have just flown into Phnom Penh and gone up to Savanakhet. I think there is a Thai consul in Kampong Som too. Well, there was 25 years ago.

8 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Are you the guy is warned about mentioning the girlfriend?

Yes, DC and LA are very problematic. I believe is mentioned that in the post as well.

You should have just flown into Phnom Penh and gone up to Savanakhet. I think there is a Thai consul in Kampong Som too. Well, there was 25 years ago.

The women didn't reject my application yet but we'll see when they get the requested documents. As far as I know it's not explicitly forbidden to use a tourist visa to visit girlfriends so long as you meet the other requirements.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:55 AM, genericptr said:

The women didn't reject my application yet but we'll see when they get the requested documents. As far as I know it's not explicitly forbidden to use a tourist visa to visit girlfriends so long as you meet the other requirements.

Of course it's not but you complicate your life by bringing her into the picture. Thass all.