Lucky times in Hua Hin

webfact

Lucky times in Hua Hin

By The Nation

800_b909c08092e59c4.jpg?v=1576054284

Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin brings its popular Chokedee Winter Market (Lucky Winter Market) back to town on December 26 and this year it is offering an even bigger and better line up of festive food, fun activities, fabulous merchants and free entertainment with a festive flair.

2_%20CHOKEDEE%20WINTER%20MARKET%20AT%20C 

Shoppers can dine on a wide selection of specialities from Hua Hin’s best eateries and famed food trucks including BBQ pork spare ribs, seafood skewers, phad Thai and green papaya salad with grilled chicken, along with sweet classics like Thai stir-fried ice-cream and mango with sticky rice plus all kinds of festive delights from baked treats such as chocolate brownies, classic fruitcakes, and gingerbread cookies, to fashion items, fabulous gifts and knick-knacks.

There will be exciting games and festive activities to enjoy and Hua Hin’s well-known singers and local bands will take to the stage from 6.30 pm onwards for everyone wishing to show off their moves to the happy Christmas tunes.

The Chokedee Winter Market at Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin takes place on December 26 from 5.30pm. Admission is free.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/lifestyle/30379286

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-12

13 hours ago, TeaMonkey said:

Current air quality 

PNG image.png

Statistics need to be qualified to have any meaning. Hua Hin is a small town, and I suspect readings are taken at maybe 1 or 2 stations located in the town centre, possibly close to the 2 central main traffic junctions. I live in Hua Hin at the weekends, 3 k due west of the Airport before the hills. I can't wait to step out of the car coming from Bangkok, and to breath the clear, fresh, scented air around my neighbourhood. Indeed, recently I've noticed on several occasions being able to see far more stars at night than I've ever seen before.

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And at what price are they selling this food bash ? If it's the same as in Monaco, NYC or London not worth...

So go to Monaco, NYC or London. I'm sure supply and demand will dictate the price at the event. As with anywhere prices are driven by overhead costs. If your budget is street food prices where the vendors overheads are minimal go eat there. It's not compulsory to attend.

52 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

Statistics need to be qualified to have any meaning. Hua Hin is a small town, and I suspect readings are taken at maybe 1 or 2 stations located in the town centre, possibly close to the 2 central main traffic junctions. I live in Hua Hin at the weekends, 3 k due west of the Airport before the hills. I can't wait to step out of the car coming from Bangkok, and to breath the clear, fresh, scented air around my neighbourhood. Indeed, recently I've noticed on several occasions being able to see far more stars at night than I've ever seen before.

That air was fresh 5 + years ago. Better half actually moved there to a new job and get a relief for here astma problems  but nowadays are worse affected in Hua Hin than even when visit greater populated cities in Thailand. Red carpet out for more tourists have its drawback and Hua Hin have a great potensial to take over the Pattaya Boom from early 90's due to location and easy access from Bangkok, unfortunately if you ask me. Btw, back to air quality, even Phuket where people live in the cars 24/7 have better air quality than Hua Hin. My take on Hua Hin lately is the always windy condition there in combination with increased construction of everything from estates, hotels,shopping malls, railway and high speed train tracks.????

3 hours ago, jkcjag said:

There are currently 2 stations, one at Hua Hin International School which is in the Black Mountain area and the other at the Sansiri Autumn condo which is located at the end of Khao Takiab next to the Golf course.

The air pollution is visible as a haze and it stretches all the way down the West coast from Bangkok. You cannot escape it at the moment unless you get much further South. Each year it seems to get worse and with the development of Hua Hin increasing, more traffic, locals burning their rubbish I wouldn't call it "clear, fresh, scented air"

Archived