Another day of infamy for the EC – Piyabutr

webfact

Another day of infamy for the EC – Piyabutr

Piyabutr2.jpg

Future Forward party secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul has called the Election Commission’s (EC) decision to ask the Constitutional Court to dissolve the Future Forward party “another day of infamy” for this independent organization.

Expressing his objection to the EC’s majority decision, Piyabutr questioned the EC’s performance, its discretion and the enforcement of the law, adding that he suspects the EC acted under instruction, citing the unusual haste in which it concluded the case and the fact the party was only invited to give testimony to the inquiry panel three times.

He said that the EC did not explain how a loan extended to the Future Forward party by its leader, Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit, could be regarded as an ill-gotten gain or why the EC’s press release was only five sentences long and did not specify what the party had allegedly done to justify its dissolution.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/another-day-of-infamy-for-the-ec-piyabutr/

thaipbs.jpg

the Junta make thaksin yingluck and even suthep look good.

This been the known outcome since day 1 of constant legal cases and haist in which it moved through the courts.

Graft lies corruption never been so bad and never has thailand had leaders as low in morals or care for the common voters ...

These are tragic and sad days for Thailand. We see now how it is IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of a certain regime 'legally' once it has infested and infected every single cell of the Thai body politic. 

What a dreadful situation the Thais find themselves in. 

I hope those daft, childish and lobotomised yellow whistle-blowers in BKK (I was surrounded by them in 2014) are now hanging their heads in the utmost shame (but I doubt that they are) in view of what they have opened the door to ....

It is generations before this place can actually be classed as a real democracy where free speech and opinions are allowed.

The Junta have been backed from the very top echelon of this country and that is that. Nothing will be challenged by the masses until this indoctrination process is changed. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Future Forward party secretary-general Piyabutr Saengkanokkul has called the Election Commission’s (EC) decision to ask the Constitutional Court to dissolve the Future Forward party “another day of infamy” for this independent organization.

I believe that such a move could become "the straw that broke the camel's back", both on the world stage and domestically.

The funny thing here is that people believe its the military that controls and directs this. I think you need to look a tad higher in the chain of command in Thailand.

Change will only come in Thailand when the people decide to uproot the entire system. I just shake my head at the constant silliness of the "government" here in Thailand. I love the country, but not the politicial/power-system.

They can kill the party but not the ideas and goals that drove the party to its great popularity in such a short time.  Killing it is only going to make it stronger and it will be reborn under a different name.  The junta is playing "Whack-A-Mole" and looking increasingly desperate.

4 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Nice try Thanathorn you had a go, it must be frustrating but you new what you were up against.

Do you have a plan B?

Sadly, Thanathorn is just one man (great though he is) and even with his hundreds of party members, he can do very little - without the dedicated and valiant active backing of the millions and millions of Thais who are the sovereignty-holders of Thailand ...

1 hour ago, BobbyL said:

It is generations before this place can actually be classed as a real democracy where free speech and opinions are allowed.

The Junta have been backed from the very top echelon of this country and that is that. Nothing will be challenged by the masses until this indoctrination process is changed. 

Yes, It's truly medieval.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

These are tragic and sad days for Thailand. We see now how it is IMPOSSIBLE to get rid of a certain regime 'legally' once it has infested and infected every single cell of the Thai body politic. 

What a dreadful situation the Thais find themselves in. 

I hope those daft, childish and lobotomised yellow whistle-blowers in BKK (I was surrounded by them in 2014) are now hanging their heads in the utmost shame (but I doubt that they are) in view of what they have opened the door to ....

Maybe if the Shins were less corrupt people would not have gone to the streets. They are as much to blame then those who wanted them gone. Thanathorn is 1000x better then the Shins and junta. I still stand by the removal of those corrupt Shins. Those fake G2G deals while YL said there was no corruption shows enough about their corruption and faillure to investigate their own (they all have that) Just remember the Shins stood by their guy who hired a killer to kill a political opponent instead of ousting him right away. (just as bad as the heroin minister). So acting like people who were appealed by the Shins and their corruption were wrong is crazy. 

Most people i knew who were pro coup were for a short coup like all others in recent history. I still stand by my support of the coup. Based on what i knew then. What I know now I might have thought that the corrupt crooks Shins are a better alternative. But only marginally. Them holding on to a murderer shows me how much values they have. 

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe if the Shins were less corrupt people would not have gone to the streets. They are as much to blame then those who wanted them gone. Thanathorn is 1000x better then the Shins and junta. I still stand by the removal of those corrupt Shins. Those fake G2G deals while YL said there was no corruption shows enough about their corruption and faillure to investigate their own (they all have that) Just remember the Shins stood by their guy who hired a killer to kill a political opponent instead of ousting him right away. (just as bad as the heroin minister). So acting like people who were appealed by the Shins and their corruption were wrong is crazy. 

Most people i knew who were pro coup were for a short coup like all others in recent history. I still stand by my support of the coup. Based on what i knew then. What I know now I might have thought that the corrupt crooks Shins are a better alternative. But only marginally. Them holding on to a murderer shows me how much values they have. 

This absurd post reminds me of the worm crawling across a mosaic.It sees one tiny part or what it wants to see.The larger picture is something that the wretched thing cannot fathom.

lawling made a very good point that other countries in the region also use this kind of bullying to repress the opposition.What I would say is that Thailand is in many senses different - bigger, more social media, political opposition traditions etc.

Nevertheless we are approaching the time when compromise is looking problematic.

37 minutes ago, jayboy said:

This absurd post reminds me of the worm crawling across a mosaic.It sees one tiny part or what it wants to see.The larger picture is something that the wretched thing cannot fathom.

lawling made a very good point that other countries in the region also use this kind of bullying to repress the opposition.What I would say is that Thailand is in many senses different - bigger, more social media, political opposition traditions etc.

Nevertheless we are approaching the time when compromise is looking problematic.

I can fathom it only unlike you i see right through it. Both sides PTP and Junta are utterly corrupt stand by their criminals no matter what. So what is the point of supporting either.

Thanathorn on the other hand put his money in a blind thrust and looks like he is doing everything different. He is a new choice a new face someone who could bring change. Those other parties PTP and junta are just more of the old corruption and nepotism and both sides support their criminals shams and corruption. 

So Jayboy if you have something profound to say just say it. I don't need to look deep to see that those old sides are cause of the trouble and not that much different as they both want power and money.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

I can fathom it only unlike you i see right through it. Both sides PTP and Junta are utterly corrupt stand by their criminals no matter what. So what is the point of supporting either.

Thanathorn on the other hand put his money in a blind thrust and looks like he is doing everything different. He is a new choice a new face someone who could bring change. Those other parties PTP and junta are just more of the old corruption and nepotism and both sides support their criminals shams and corruption. 

So Jayboy if you have something profound to say just say it. I don't need to look deep to see that those old sides are cause of the trouble and not that much different as they both want power and money.

I'm sorry but I don't think you're worth engaging with.

5 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I'm sorry but I don't think you're worth engaging with.

In other words your a load of hot air. You like to act like your so smart but you never come out straight with what you want to say. Acting all superior like but not saying much at all. 

Anyway I can accept you not wanting to engage with me no problems but now you know what i think of you. That your one of those posers that keeps things vague so you can't be pinned down on anything or engaged on anything but can give some critique.

Anyway have fun.

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

Sadly, Thanathorn is just one man (great though he is) and even with his hundreds of party members, he can do very little - without the dedicated and valiant active backing of the millions and millions of Thais who are the sovereignty-holders of Thailand ...

Only the ones with guns matter in a struggle.

14 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Only the ones with guns matter in a struggle.

Brother shooting at brother and sister under orders from higher up. All because of a power struggle. What a gruesome way of life.

Archived