United Kingdom votes to decide the fate of Brexit, again

webfact

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

The same can be said of Thornbury.

Jeremy is not cold yet, but Thornbury has apparantly already stated she would throw her hat in the ring for the leadership of the Labour Party, it would seem she would fit the criteria of momentum.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I doubt if the Brexit I want (full umbilical severance) is the one that he'll deliver but his will be the nearest we're likely to get.

I've still got hopes that his deal (which I don't like) is only there so that he doesn't have to campaign to win the Election on a policy of No Deal, which would be difficult to win as it would provide too much Project Fear ammo (cliff edge, car crash, blah blah) to Remainers.

I'm thinking/hoping for a Tory majority of 20-30, followed by a vote on his deal weeks before the deadline which the ERG "surprisingly" rejects and then we're forced into No Deal at the end of January with Boris holding his hands up and saying "Nothing I could do Guv" with a cheeky grin on his face. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The most obvious absentee from the campaign is Rees-Mogg. Probably asleep on a bench somewhere catching up on his reading of Diogenes the Cynic.

The Mogg's absence has yet to be explained but rest assured it won't be for serially gaffing as per the likes of Thornbush or Abbopottamus.

Coming to think of it where's Starmer?

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

Jeremy is not cold yet, but Thornbury has apparantly already stated she would throw her hat in the ring for the leadership of the Labour Party, it would seem she would fit the criteria of momentum.

Blimey, That means Boris will win next time too! ????

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I've still got hopes that his deal (which I don't like) is only there so that he doesn't have to campaign to win the Election on a policy of No Deal, which would be difficult to win as it would provide too much Project Fear ammo (cliff edge, car crash, blah blah) to Remainers.

I'm thinking/hoping for a Tory majority of 20-30, followed by a vote on his deal weeks before the deadline which the ERG "surprisingly" rejects and then we're forced into No Deal at the end of January with Boris holding his hands up and saying "Nothing I could do Guv" with a cheeky grin on his face. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

That might explain what the Mogg(s) have been doing of late ????

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

She could throw her knickers in the ring for all I care.

31 minutes ago, vogie said:

Let's hope so.

If the opposition was Sturgeon, Swinson and Thornbury it would be like taking candy from a baby.

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Vote for their policies, not their leader. ????

And when one is totally disgusted by the Tories but faced with an elected Labour MP that ignores that her constituents were 60% Leave voters, don't do that shameful, tactical vote thing that the perpetual losers Farage and Swinson have been desperately touting.

Vote Green!

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

The Mogg's absence has yet to be explained but rest assured it won't be for serially gaffing as per the likes of Thornbush or Abbopottamus.

Starmer was Director of Public Prosecutions at the CPS when the latest London Bridge stabber was given easy street.

'nuff said.

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's completly wrong. Should be, "UK votes to decide which party will govern for the next 5 years".

It's not a Brexit vote, there are many more issues that will decide on the direction of people's votes.

The OP clearly doesnt understand the difference between a referendum and a General Election.

It's Reuters mate. They understand <deleted> all about the UK constitution and parliamentary process and laws. And wouldn't always know the truth even if it bit them!

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And when one is totally disgusted by the Tories but faced with an elected Labour MP that ignores that her constituents were 60% Leave voters, don't do that shameful, tactical vote thing that the perpetual losers Farage and Swinson have been desperately touting.

Vote Green!

The Greens - sounds like boiled vegetables that no one wants!

Vote Monster Raving Loony Party - you know they make sense!

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

Same as you if brexit  comes in i,m going to emigrate to the eu

Other way round mate. If we ended up without Brexit and Remaining under an EU deal, you’d be better off in an EU state. Sponging off the UK contributions rather than making them for Johnny Foreigners to enjoy. 

This election will not necessarily put the Brexit debate to bed.  Johnsons deal is like May's deal, not really out completely.  That will lead to years of negotiating a trade deal with the EU and will not (as Johnson claims) be done and dusted by the end of 2020.  A hung parliament would leave us back at square one making it harder for Johnson to push his plans through.  This is another step but in which direction?

23 minutes ago, bannork said:

Ah, you want Brexit to occur so you can leave the soon-to-be Third World England and join the prosperous EU.

What are you drinking? You obviously have no clue or don't know where GB is on the map. England mmmm sorry its Britain with the 4th of 5th largest economy in the world and 4th most powerful military in the world. Yep that little island who had the biggest empire the world has ever seen. The little country who saved Europe 3 times. Calling the UK 3rd world shows your ignorance. To want your country to be sovereign is worth any cost and the only justifiable reason to go to war. You need to read up on what exactly the EU is when hand how it was formed and its end goal s are still the same as Hitler were in the 1930's.

8 hours ago, vogie said:

Dianne would appear to have been put into quarantine for the duration of this election, what a state of affairs when the Labour Party are too embarassed to parade a future home secretary in front of the cameras, a total disgrace.

Whereas Rees-Mogg has been invisible and Runaway Boris is too scared to be interviewed on TV and on the road, took to hiding in a fridge to avoid a reporter. A true giant...

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

Is he hiding with Sajid Javid - the ex-credit head of Deutsch Bank in 2008 (the ones who promoted sub-prime mortgages and started the crash) - a man with a wealth of experience money

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Other way round mate. If we ended up without Brexit and Remaining under an EU deal, you’d be better off in an EU state. Sponging off the UK contributions rather than making them for Johnny Foreigners to enjoy. 

It was a sarcastic reply mate.

Archived