United Kingdom votes to decide the fate of Brexit, again

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Whereas Rees-Mogg has been invisible and Runaway Boris is too scared to be interviewed on TV and on the road, took to hiding in a fridge to avoid a reporter. A true giant...

I know who'd I trust to count the money in my wage packet, I'll give you a clue, it wouldn't be dodgy Dianne.

The way Corbyn performed on interviews he would have been wise to go down the Boris route, no performance is much better than a bad performance.????

10 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

What are you drinking? You obviously have no clue or don't know where GB is on the map. England mmmm sorry its Britain with the 4th of 5th largest economy in the world and 4th most powerful military in the world. Yep that little island who had the biggest empire the world has ever seen. The little country who saved Europe 3 times. Calling the UK 3rd world shows your ignorance. To want your country to be sovereign is worth any cost and the only justifiable reason to go to war. You need to read up on what exactly the EU is when hand how it was formed and its end goal s are still the same as Hitler were in the 1930's.

You're living in the past. The war finished 74 years ago for God's sake. Don't hide in the fridge like Boris. Without the EU we will be at the mercy of far bigger economies for any trade deal. So who do you think will come worse off? Yes, little old England (Scotland may have joined the EU by then and Northern Ireland reunited with the South).

boris and the fridge.jpg

26 minutes ago, bannork said:

You're living in the past. The war finished 74 years ago for God's sake. Don't hide in the fridge like Boris. Without the EU we will be at the mercy of far bigger economies for any trade deal. So who do you think will come worse off? Yes, little old England (Scotland may have joined the EU by then and Northern Ireland reunited with the South).

boris and the fridge.jpg

War finished 74 years ago?wish someone had told Blair that at the time of his reign.

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

This election will not necessarily put the Brexit debate to bed.  Johnsons deal is like May's deal, not really out completely.  That will lead to years of negotiating a trade deal with the EU and will not (as Johnson claims) be done and dusted by the end of 2020.  A hung parliament would leave us back at square one making it harder for Johnson to push his plans through.  This is another step but in which direction?

Why would it take years?

Most negotiations start from scratch until a deal is mutually agreed which can be a lengthy process in itself. Surely with the Brexit negotiations the start point is from a position where both parties are ALREADY aligned.

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

As someone posted in the Guardian.

If your polling station is a school and you are voting tory you might as well take a big dump on the teachers desk while you are in there.

Well that does surprise me coming from the Guardian.

9 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Why would it take years?

Most negotiations start from scratch until a deal is mutually agreed which can be a lengthy process in itself. Surely with the Brexit negotiations the start point is from a position where both parties are ALREADY aligned.

Watch this.

14 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Why would it take years?

The transition period is likely to go on for at least two years and the EU are not going to cut any corners.  Most trade deals take years to put into place.  Just look at Canada's with the EU.

Bit of a stressful game the other night.  Frank still has work to do with the defence.  

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The transition period is likely to go on for at least two years and the EU are not going to cut any corners.  Most trade deals take years to put into place.  Just look at Canada's with the EU.

Bit of a stressful game the other night.  Frank still has work to do with the defence.  

Yes it won't be easy but my point was that most of the infrastructure is in place and it shouldn't take nearly as long as the Canadian agreement.

Every game is a stressful game these days ???? Need a CM and a couple of Center backs.

A rather entertaining 'reverse ferret' although I don't expect everyone to agree (with no apologies for the clarity of the audio)...

(Recorded at a hustings in Bexleyheath on Saturday by one of the candidates. A reminder re 'Content rather than 'Poster' to the normal culprits please & for the purpose it this clip that includes Graham Moore!)

9 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Yes it won't be easy but my point was that most of the infrastructure is in place and it shouldn't take nearly as long as the Canadian agreement.

Every game is a stressful game these days ???? Need a CM and a couple of Center backs.

Yes I take your point.  But it took negotiations with the EU three years to get nowhere near a satisfactory deal over Brexit.  The question is who is going to do a better job negotiating a satisfactory trade deal?  Don't forget the EU have already said any trade deal won't be anything like as good from the outside.

12 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

what a weird heading;

United Kingdom votes to decide the fate of Brexit, again

and I sincerely hope that the heading is all wrong

Fate of the United Kingdom,  RIP..

Archived