United Kingdom votes to decide the fate of Brexit, again

webfact

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Mogg's absence has yet to be explained but rest assured it won't be for serially gaffing as per the likes of Thornbush or Abbopottamus.

Coming to think of it where's Starmer?

The Mogg and Starmer are on a jolly .

Waiting for the dead to be counted..

Don't worry, it'll be over soon with a Tory majority and all the delusional lefty morons will realise they are in the minority and most disagree with their envy/lazy attitudes plus the pound will strengthen after every attempt from the undemocratic lefty fascists to derail public opinion. Democracy only works if the loser consents to the result. And I bet anything we have hissy-fits from the losing lefties that can't hack it.

5 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Don't worry, it'll be over soon with a Tory majority and all the delusional lefty morons will realise they are in the minority and most disagree with their envy/lazy attitudes plus the pound will strengthen after every attempt from the undemocratic lefty fascists to derail public opinion. Democracy only works if the loser consents to the result. And I bet anything we have hissy-fits from the losing lefties that can't hack it.

Talk about delusion. The EU will take you to the cleaners when you try to negotiate as a single state leaving the bloc.

4 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realise it was all those lefties that voted remain and it was the right wing brigade voting leave.  Odd then how in my constituency (the Tory heartland of Surrey) the vast majority voted remain as did most of the South East.  Whereas in the Labour heartlands in the North the majority voted to leave.  Still! wouldn't want to interfere with your rant.

58 minutes ago, thequietman said:

So ................ 70 years is a myopic view.  What kind of a time frame would be acceptable to you??? ????????????

Wrong.

70 years is a timeframe.

A myopic view is a one-sided opinion with little value.

55 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Greatest achievement? What tosh. NATO has deterred war within and without the EU and the Iron Curtain fell mainly because of Gorbachev's reforms in the USSR. 

OK, lets exclude that one if it pleases you............... now, look at the others. ????

34 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Looks like a high turnout!  Far more going to the polling stations then usual.  On my way now to cast my vote.  That should make all the difference ????

Dominic Raab is the man, let's get Brexit done.????

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I see comrade Abbott went out to vote with 2 left shoes on that were not the same styles, can't even dress herself but might be in charge of national security, what could possibly go wrong? ????

Maybe she has two left feet.

IMG_20191212_215312.jpg

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Are you voting for the Tories because you want your country white?

I have lived in Thailand for 40 years so completely off the electoral register.

However if I were back in the UK and had to vote for one of the miscreants on offer it would probably be Tory as the lesser of two evils. A purely tactical vote since with Corbyn in the driving seat of the Labour party I dread to think of the damage he could do to the country. Worse than anything the Tories could manage.

As for the immigration issue not unlike the climate change one in as much as the bus left a long time ago so too late to catch it now.

The current situation reminds me of the last coup in Thailand. Many people loathed the Shinawatra hegemony and imagined that any change at all could only be for the good. Now see how that is still panning out. ....not good at all.

Just as with the Arab spring. Overthrowing bad despots would lead to democracy and peace , Didn't work so well.

Getting rid of the Tories does not necessarily mean Labour will be better and that the UK will remain in Europe , be wealthy, affluent , cosmopolitan , influential  etc etc.

Without Corbyn , Labour would have had an easy win. If he wins now it will not be as a result of popularity just that on the day more people hated BJ than Corbyn.

A very sad state of affairs.

20 minutes ago, vogie said:
23 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I see comrade Abbott went out to vote with 2 left shoes on that were not the same styles, can't even dress herself but might be in charge of national security, what could possibly go wrong? ????

Maybe she has two left feet.

What's all the fuss about? She is is lefty after all.

28 minutes ago, Denim said:

Without Corbyn , Labour would have had an easy win. If he wins now it will not be as a result of popularity just that on the day more people hated BJ than Corbyn.

Spot on!  This election is most likely to be Labour losing it because of Corbyn thereby the Conservatives winning by default.  By how much remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

Spot on!  This election is most likely to be Labour losing it because of Corbyn thereby the Conservatives winning by default.  By how much remains to be seen.

Yes but Corbyn cannot take all the credit, he had the help of Abbott, McDonnall, Burgan, Jonathon Ashcroft, Thornbury and pretty much all of his cabinet, never seen so many wastrels in one place. Can Labour ever recover with Momentum choosing their leader?

13 hours ago, JonnyF said:

How can you say May delivered when we haven't left yet. All she did was negotiate a terrible deal which was roundly rejected by ALL parties in the biggest HOC defeat ever. Is that your idea of delivering? It's not mine.

Can you highlight the difference between the 2 deals, the 2nd deal was so unpopular

among the Ulster MPs propping up the government, a general election was the only 

way to go.

I see another hung parliament and no one willing to keep the tories in this time.

15 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

big queues at voting stations seen https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/huge-queues-polling-stations-election-17406197

lets hope its for boris and not the lefty loonies

Didn't look much like Tory voters to me ????.  On the other hand I have just been to vote and the polling station carpark was full of Chelsea tractors out for the school run.  They didn't look much like Labour voters! ????

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes but Corbyn cannot take all the credit, he had the help of Abbott, McDonnall, Burgan, Jonathon Ashcroft, Thornbury and pretty much all of his cabinet, never seen so many wastrels in one place. Can Labour ever recover with Momentum choosing their leader?

Could say the same for the Tory cabinet, that is if they ever come out of hiding!

10 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

Can you highlight the difference between the 2 deals, the 2nd deal was so unpopular

among the Ulster MPs propping up the government, a general election was the only 

way to go.

I see another hung parliament and no one willing to keep the tories in this time.

I would settle for that. Anything but the lunatic fringe of the Tories running wild.

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Anyone want to have a stab at possible coalitions if there is no majority?

The Tories will almost certainly win the most seats, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to beat a labour/SNP voting bloc. The key to Blair's wins was the Scottish labour seats, and their Ultimate demise was losing them all.

I think the strong remainers are more likely to vote tactically, than the strong brexiteers. Johnson has only one answer to any question, and that is get brexit done, and then we have the farage party going after the same people.

If the brexit vote is split in labour marginals, then the incumbents could sneak in in enough seats to thwart a tory majority, I can see remainers in traditional labour seats voting labour rather than the Libs, as they have promised another referendum and they would prefer that to a Boris led brexit.

I don't have anything more than a hunch to back up the above, and admit to a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

I will be voting SNP up here in Blackfords constituency of Ross, Skye and Lochaber.

Archived