United Kingdom votes to decide the fate of Brexit, again

webfact

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

The Tories will almost certainly win the most seats, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to beat a labour/SNP voting bloc. The key to Blair's wins was the Scottish labour seats, and their Ultimate demise was losing them all.

I think the strong remainers are more likely to vote tactically, than the strong brexiteers.  Johnson has only one answer to any question, and that is get brexit done, and then we have the farage party going after the same people.

If the brexit vote is split in labour marginals, then the incumbents could sneak in in enough seats to thwart a tory majority, I can see remainers in traditional labour seats voting labour rather than the Libs, as they have promised another referendum and they would prefer that to a Boris led brexit.

I don't have anything more than a hunch to back up the above, and admit to a heavy dose of wishful thinking.

I will be voting SNP up here in Blackfords constituency of Ross, Skye and Lochaber.

Thanks for the post.  Maybe wishful thinking but there is plenty of logic in there as well.  As suspected speculation is starting in the media and the voting hasn't even finished yet. It is going to be a long night!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Exit Poll based on actual voting patterns for BBC/ITV/SKY

Tories: 368 +50

Lab: 191 -71

SNP : 55 +20

LD : 13 +1

Lets see how close it is.

Not close at all. A disaterous night for the UK and the ordinary working man.

A couple of positives though, zero seats for Farage (as always) and Corbyn must resign immediately. Hopefully, Momentum's stranglehold on the Labour Party will also be broken.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

A couple of positives though, zero seats for Farage (as always) and Corbyn must resign immediately. Hopefully, Momentum's stranglehold on the Labour Party will also be broken.

Disastrous?

Let you tell me something; this is Britain's finest moment.

BREAKING:

British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

Guy Faulconbridge, Kate Holton

BoJo.jpg

Britain's Prime Minister Boris Johnson leaves a polling station at the Methodist Central Hall, with his dog Dilyn, after voting in the general election in London, Britain, December 12, 2019. REUTERS/Henry Nicholls

LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party will win a majority of 86 seats in Britain’s election, giving him the numbers in parliament he needs to deliver Brexit on Jan. 31, an exit poll indicated on Thursday.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138453-british-pm-johnson-to-win-a-majority-of-86-exit-poll/

20 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I've still got hopes that his deal (which I don't like) is only there so that he doesn't have to campaign to win the Election on a policy of No Deal, which would be difficult to win as it would provide too much Project Fear ammo (cliff edge, car crash, blah blah) to Remainers.

I'm thinking/hoping for a Tory majority of 20-30, followed by a vote on his deal weeks before the deadline which the ERG "surprisingly" rejects and then we're forced into No Deal at the end of January with Boris holding his hands up and saying "Nothing I could do Guv" with a cheeky grin on his face. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

So you complain that "<deleted>" are ignoring a democratic decision to leave but wish that Boris succeeds campaigning on a deal then switches to no deal? You are as bad as the "<deleted>" you complain about.

4 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Disastrous?

Let’s hope it proves to be in three or four hours time. 

We need real results, not more pollsters guesstimates. They’re useless and forecasts have been up and down like a whore’s drawers all week.  

6 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Disastrous?

Indeed, the bigger the rejection of Labour and their insane policies the better they are not the Labour party of old the leaders in it now are communist, terrorist supporting Jew haters that need to be kicked into the political gutter where they belong. Looking good for Boris, 20 seat majority will do.

8 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Let’s hope it proves to be in three or four hours time. 

We need real results, not more pollsters guesstimates. They’re useless and forecasts have been up and down like a whore’s drawers all week.  

Exit polls are not the same and generally close enough.

33 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Disastrous?

If the exit poll is right, 93% of Scottish seats are going to be filled by MPs who's main remit is to break away from the union - hardly a harbinger of greatness for Britain's future. 

41 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If the exit poll is right, 93% of Scottish seats are going to be filled by MPs who's main remit is to break away from the union - hardly a harbinger of greatness for Britain's future. 

Who needs Scotland? I wish the English could have a referendum to get rid of them

4 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Indeed, the bigger the rejection of Labour and their insane policies the better they are not the Labour party of old the leaders in it now are communist, terrorist supporting Jew haters that need to be kicked into the political gutter where they belong. Looking good for Boris, 20 seat majority will do.

For our kids to have a future there needs to be strong leadership,the eu? Watch the rats desert a sinking ship.

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Why? If you think you can do better on your jack Jones or want to remain with your mates in the eu,so be it.

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

And who does the ordinary working man work for?uber or some other employee in the gig economy,on a zero hour contract and " self employed"to allow their employees to swerve the minimum wage,Labour had their chance to rescind Thatcher anti trade union laws but chose to back their banking buddies in the city which led to the crash of 2007/8.at least.by voting  tory the average working man feels he might have the chance of better working conditions due to leaving the European union and freedom of movement.

A great day for Democracy. The swamp is being drained as we speak and Bercow has already gone ????

May this be a lesson to future MP's what will happen to you if you try to subvert Democracy and ignore the will of the people ????.

Taxi for Corbyn!!!

22 hours ago, dunroaming said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realise it was all those lefties that voted remain and it was the right wing brigade voting leave.  Odd then how in my constituency (the Tory heartland of Surrey) the vast majority voted remain as did most of the South East.  Whereas in the Labour heartlands in the North the majority voted to leave.  Still! wouldn't want to interfere with your rant.

Told you so. <deleted> need to zip it and move on with the rest of us. Democracy has a rub and that is you don't always get the result you want but it requires the loser's consent for it to work. Those that don't like it can always buy some potato chips to dip in that salt they already have as they leave at the airports.

22 hours ago, bannork said:

Talk about delusion. The EU will take you to the cleaners when you try to negotiate as a single state leaving the bloc.

Told you so. Your fantasies about the EU are about to be unraveled. The EU has way more to worry about than the UK leaving and will be lucky if it can hold itself together for the next 5-10 years.

51 minutes ago, Brigand said:

Told you so. Your fantasies about the EU are about to be unraveled. The EU has way more to worry about than the UK leaving and will be lucky if it can hold itself together for the next 5-10 years.

Time will tell but don't forget a much larger percentage of our trade lies with the EU than vice versa.

We need them far more than they need us.

And how many countries in the EU have decided to leave since our referendum three and a half years ago?

Zero, in fact more have applied to join.

Archived