U.S. House Democrats prepare for impeachment vote as Trump said to embrace short trial

webfact

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Thus likely to take the cowardly path of less resistance by proceeding straight to the acquittal vote that requires 67 votes which Mith think they can win.

To proceed straight to the acquittal vote bypassing any presentation by the House acting as the prosecution is a process that would in itself require as a rule a simple majority vote of the Senate. There may be enough conservative Republican Senators who will with Democrat Senators oppose going straight to an acquittal vote. If the House prosecution presents their case for POTUS removal, be assured Trump will want to be on record with a rebuttal.

The extent to which the prosecution and defense can present their case will be determined also by rules decided by the Senate majority (51%). The Republican Senators can maybe get an expedited trial (3 days?) and acquittal. But Trump who sees himself as a master manipulator of the media might reverse himself once more for a longer trial period, like a daily apprentice show.

5 hours ago, Sujo said:

Facts are by definition right. You can look into your crystal ball all you like.

As it stands i stated the facts as they are known. You however did not.

There must be a lot of supporters not happy with the senate not wanting to call all the witnesses they were salivating over.

What a let down that must be.

I guess most republicans will get over their disappointment when the GOP take the WH and the house back. 

49 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

IMO we are witnessing the beginning of the end of the Democratic party.  This foolish effort will cost them dearly.  Pelosi let the squad talk her into going down the impeachment path and now there is no turning back.  Still not a slam dunk that she will get the votes to impeach.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-impeachment-no-slam-dunk-for-moderate-democrats

It seems that the dems themselves are the only ones that don't see what is happening. I have seen a couple of Bloomberg ads in the Pennsylvania area however by and large they are neglecting swing states over this impeachment.

The outcome is a done deal and they continue on. I have no idea what is going through their heads. It's like they think if they can just cry louder and longer reality will change. 

Meanwhile the blue collar, deplorables in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin continue to wonder about the economy and jobs. 

Still waiting for Warren to come over here and say she will ban fracking or Bloomberg to say he will tax the poor and make sodas $5 a can. That's the thing is impeachment is all the dems have left to hide their agenda. Pelosi trying to lessen the blow by trying to say USMCA was their thing got laughed at.

Let's get the impeachment over quickly so we can just get back to who has the better message. That's scary stuff if you are a dem. I along with a lot of people can hardly contain my glee.

This farce investigation headed by the democrats is anything but impartial.  Doesn't even pretend to have the appearance of impartiality.   We will never know the truth of the issue raised.

it is clear from the processes that the founding fathers did not want it to be easy for a sitting president to be replaced, and set an extremely high threshold.  Whatever the truth of this matter might be, it will not meet that threshold, and (repeated) abuse of process is destined to backfire on the democrats.

1 minute ago, RideJocky said:

I heard some some dems are getting a little sketchy on an impeach vote and will to push for censure. Any truth to this? 

I am reading that Jerry Nadler has suddenly delayed the vote on Impeachment Articles after nearly 14 hours of deliberation...apparently, 12 of the 31 Dems who were elected in Trump districts on promises of doing the people's work

(and not obsessing on impeachment) have already said no. It’s the other 19 that are unaccounted for.

This sham impeachment looks like it's headed straight for the rocks.

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Mike Huckabee is suggesting that President Trump is eligible to run for a third term

since Comey, Dems and Media absolutely tried to oust him illegally in his first term. I an already see many liberals reaching for their smelling salts.

That would made those late night comedians plenty to smile about. Abundance of ever lasting materials. Yippee ???? 

25 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I am reading that Jerry Nadler has suddenly delayed the vote on Impeachment Articles after nearly 14 hours of deliberation...apparently, 12 of the 31 Dems who were elected in Trump districts on promises of doing the people's work

(and not obsessing on impeachment) have already said no. It’s the other 19 that are unaccounted for.

You conveniently and predictably neglected to mention some key FACTS about the delay. But it's fun to hear from the 45 cult of personality bubble.

Nadler calls recess in surprise move; reschedules vote for Friday morning

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-live-updates/2019/12/12/f24545e6-1cca-11ea-8d58-5ac3600967a1_story.html

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You conveniently and predictably neglected to mention some key FACTS about the delay. But it's fun to hear from the 45 cult of personality bubble.

you seem to be conveniently neglecting that it's not an open and shut case in terms of getting

the votes required from the 31 Dems who are in danger of losing their seats in the districts Trump carried in 2016. Of course, predictably you hide behind WAPO anti trump spin.

59 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I prefer the vote of such momentous public impeachment to be held with maximum public audience. That way more people will watch the unfolding history of a corrupt president being impeached. Good on Nadler to delay the vote till tomorrow morning. There were be more audience. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

I prefer the vote of such momentous public impeachment to be held with maximum public audience. That way more people will watch the unfolding history of a corrupt president being impeached. Good on Nadler to delay the vote till tomorrow morning. There were be more audience. 

so there will be a bigger audience today? Is it pay per view? Hahahaha

Archived