PM committed to meet Trump during Asean-US Summit

geovalin

Despite recent diplomatic setbacks with the United States, Prime Minister Hun Sen yesterday said he was committed to attending the Asean-US Summit in the United States early next year to hold talks with President Donald Trump. Mr Hun Sen said he exchanged letters with Mr Trump to mend diplomatic relations between the two nations and rejected critics claiming Mr Trump’s letter was a form of pressure for the government to respect human rights and democracy.

“After Trump sent a letter to me, someone said Trump is pressuring me. Oh, my god,” Mr Hun Sen said. “Cambodia was the first nation to support the Asean-US Summit in the US.” “I have already prepared golfing equipment because Trump also likes to play golf. Like it or not, this time I will go to play golf with him,” he added. “I have been to America many times, but I have never played golf there. I will meet him. There is no pressure.”

Mr Trump in his letter said the US respects the Kingdom’s sovereignty and it does not want regime change in the Kingdom. The government earlier this week slammed the US Treasury Department for imposing sanctions against high-ranking government official Kun Kim and well-known tycoon Try Pheap over corruption allegations.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50669377/pm-committed-to-meet-trump-during-asean-us-summit/

Any significance to the fact that the USD has hit another six-year low vs. the Baht?  Perhaps a deal to buy military hardware?  But with Cha-Cha regime pushing full tilt to the ChiComs—one would consider Thailand a security risk for American high tech weaponry.

Archived