Pattaya: Rogue estate agent ripped off Thais and foreigners to the tune of 45 million baht

webfact

For your information. Only deal with agencies that have registered Thai company. Not bulletproof but for sure a lot safer. This woman have, or had, an office in ViewTalay 5 with the responsibility to rent out up to 100 condo, mostly to farang owners. She rented out without informing the owner and kept the money so we are likely talking about MANY millions in this scam. Happy she got busted, one more down. I know this because my wife is in this business and things like this hurt all of us working honestly.

9 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Most of the times it's the foreigners who drive around in those fancy cars in Pattaya. All scammers.

So if you want to buy one of these 'new project' condo's without even a stone being built yet. Ask the staff what car the boss drives (or when it's parked outside the office). If the answer is a Ferrari.........WALK AWAY!

Weird the story is about a Thai scammer but nevertheless you start to accuse  farangs with big cars??

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

As usual they have not been using a calculator. In total they expect it to be 20 victims that have payed a deposit of 100k baht that disappeared, and that is singing to the amount of 45 million baht?

To me it sounds like 2 million baht.

"Nanthika, 52, said that she was there as a witness after she became aware of people buying property who had been ripped off. Installments were paid but not received by the sellers and then the owner of the company disappeared, she claimed."

As well as people who were buying  property.....etc!

Mr Matzzon you might be better off not commenting at all, it's better to say nothing and have people think you're an idiot rather than sprouting off and proving it!

1 hour ago, TPI said:

"Nanthika, 52, said that she was there as a witness after she became aware of people buying property who had been ripped off. Installments were paid but not received by the sellers and then the owner of the company disappeared, she claimed."

As well as people who were buying  property.....etc!

Mr Matzzon you might be better off not commenting at all, it's better to say nothing and have people think you're an idiot rather than sprouting off and proving it!

No they not expect any buyer to have disappeared. They expect it to be a total of 20 victims as you can read in the news article. They also claim that they payed 100k baht each and that should be a total of 45 million baht.

In your case I guess we not even have to think about if you are an idiot. Actually you just comfirmed it yourself by hinting that I should be one, when you do not understand what you read in the news.

8 hours ago, Rocket Hawks said:

If you are living in Thailand without a very smart Thai wife than you are an absolute moron. Boggles my mind that anyone would consider buying anything in Thailand without a savvy Thai-wife. Stupid is as stupid does. People looking to retire here without someone Thai to protect them...again...just mind boggling stupidity. RULE OF THUMB when marrying a Thai girl: make sure she earns at least 2x as much as you do. Not possible? I'm in the top 0.5% in the USA in terms of income and my Thai wife makes a lot more than I do. And she's beautiful. Was a model in her 20s.

You are so fortunate and well spoken...I refused to marry a Thai woman...sold the condos and vehicles...gave away the furniture...and returned to civilization without any baggage...wealthy or beautiful.

15 hours ago, aussienam said:

That's why I sold.  Lack of true transparency with a hell of a lot of smoke and mirrors and screaming matches at AGMs.  Juristic management couldn't lie straight in bed either. Loads of exorbitant charges for very little work.  Team of gardeners was actually one useless lazy one.  Rorts galore.

Then selling my condo.  Had one freelance agent dealing with me.  Gave me a 10,000 baht deposit claiming it was from an interested buyer.  Later found it was her own money as she was desperately trying to stop other agents with interested buyers getting the commission.  I kept the deposit but ended up in months of severe stress and selling much later.  NEVER AGAIN. Only rent IMO

My situation was quite the reverse; the Juristic company for my housing estate was totally transparent; monthly audit figures emailed; services excellent except for usual security sleepers at night; regular annual profits; 1.5 million in the bank.

I found out my audit company had awarded my (ex) wife 51% of my house.  She had a friend in the audit office.

Golden rule here is cash or Banker's Draft .......... even then a safety net of at least two to three days is needed to make sure the deal is "kosher". Thailand is definitely the land of scams, especially within the "expat" community here sadly between Thai's & Farang's, but we are all adults & should not release any of our hard earned cash so easily. Why do we always drop our guard overseas? Bottom line is "Trust No One", even your "nearest & dearest" ..... Ha! Ha! Guarantees or better still "collateral" are a must, without them it's flawed & fatal when cash is involved. Crooks know that the law in Thailand is "iffy" at best & thrive on it ............ trust is in short supply these days where ever you go. The worst thing of all here in Thailand is "It takes an expat to screw an expat properly as we place more trust in our "mates" when we really should'nt. It happens so often here .......... sad fact

45 milllion baht? So, the average person paid 2.5 million baht for a lease? Something does not sound right here. This whole thing does not pass the wiff test. 

And if it is true, the last thing you want to do with someone like this woman is to hire a lawyer. There are far more clever and effective ways to pursue a person like this. 

On 12/12/2019 at 4:39 AM, Rocket Hawks said:

If you are living in Thailand without a very smart Thai wife than you are an absolute moron. Boggles my mind that anyone would consider buying anything in Thailand without a savvy Thai-wife. Stupid is as stupid does. People looking to retire here without someone Thai to protect them...again...just mind boggling stupidity. RULE OF THUMB when marrying a Thai girl: make sure she earns at least 2x as much as you do. Not possible? I'm in the top 0.5% in the USA in terms of income and my Thai wife makes a lot more than I do. And she's beautiful. Was a model in her 

Good one!

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:28 AM, Caine said:

Wouldn’t buy a box of matches in Thailand 

Caine sounds as if you lead an exciting life , actually many  farangs  have done very , very  well out of Thai property  ,  especially the ones who got in early . As always ,  you  only get to  hear about the ones that went wrong .

On 12/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, Matzzon said:

As usual they have not been using a calculator. In total they expect it to be 20 victims that have payed a deposit of 100k baht that disappeared, and that is singing to the amount of 45 million baht?

To me it sounds like 2 million baht.

'At least 20 victims.'

Meaning a minimum of 20. People who live in glass houses.......

10 minutes ago, Traubert said:

'At least 20 victims.'

Meaning a minimum of 20. People who live in glass houses.......

Yes, a minimum of 20 times 100k is 2M baht. That is at least missing 430 x 100k baht to come up in what they say the at least 20 have a total of.

Stating at least 20 when it simes up to 450, is totally idiotic.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, a minimum of 20 times 100k is 2M baht. That is at least missing 430 x 100k baht to come up in what they say the at least 20 have a total of.

Stating at least 20 when it simes up to 450, is totally idiotic.

Why? They have questioned the woman and perhaps that is the figure she offered.

Unless of course you are the officer in charge of the investigation?

On 12/12/2019 at 1:49 PM, Kerryd said:

Lol - every time I go to Immigration I pass by the "Ocean Tower" site. Today I saw a small group of people working in there and thought about posting that maybe, just maybe, they might start building it (or more likely try promoting it again and hoping to attract a new group of suckers). They still have a webpage up but the links and promotional stuff are gone. I found a realty site that is still listing condos for sale there as well.

Immigration should take over the property and relocate into a larger facility. More office space and more parking !

On 12/12/2019 at 1:49 PM, Kerryd said:

Lol - every time I go to Immigration I pass by the "Ocean Tower" site. Today I saw a small group of people working in there and thought about posting that maybe, just maybe, they might start building it (or more likely try promoting it again and hoping to attract a new group of suckers). They still have a webpage up but the links and promotional stuff are gone. I found a realty site that is still listing condos for sale there as well.

Immigration should take over the property and relocate into a larger facility. More office space and more parking !

Immigration is moving by the way. To na jomtien about 5 km out of jom towards satahip. 

On 12/12/2019 at 1:39 AM, Rocket Hawks said:

If you are living in Thailand without a very smart Thai wife than you are an absolute moron. Boggles my mind that anyone would consider buying anything in Thailand without a savvy Thai-wife. Stupid is as stupid does. People looking to retire here without someone Thai to protect them...again...just mind boggling stupidity. RULE OF THUMB when marrying a Thai girl: make sure she earns at least 2x as much as you do. Not possible? I'm in the top 0.5% in the USA in terms of income and my Thai wife makes a lot more than I do. And she's beautiful. Was a model in her 20s.

Typical American hot air . Thais NEVER marry down . 

On 12/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, Rocket Hawks said:

I use my mates wife for anything legal, mines not so smart in those instances but can get the neighbors to shut their dogs up and stop them lighting smokey fires :cheesy: :coffee1:

On 12/12/2019 at 6:11 PM, Jim1000 said:
  On 12/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, Rocket Hawks said:

Or find a beautiful lawyer.????

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:49 PM, Kerryd said:

Kerryd  I dont know if you are aware of this but the owner (lease ?) of the Maserati , Rod Astbury passed away in Aus about 2 years ago of natural causes .

Archived