Keep calling Big Oud's hotline: German arrested on 218 day overstay

webfact

On 12/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, mikebell said:

So a Thai grouse turned him in; he will be deported and the Thais who had been benefiting from his custom will lose out.  Thai logic.

So your logic appears to be, as long as you spend money here, you should be allowed to breach visa regulations.

I am sure your home country immigration people would be understanding of your logic

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/12/2019 at 12:13 PM, Matzzon said:

Every society and country is from the ground built on doing the right things and that the law shall be followed

And Justitia is blindfolded so the law applies equally to all.

When that were so, noone would object to reporting crimes.

Infringements of law ? I am not sure society is ready for that, hence rewards alledgedly being offered in Phuket, so Phuketians, remember to always switch on the indicator when changing lanes, even when there are no other vehicles in sight.

20 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

not sure about other countries but in my country the Netherlands i bet only a handful Thai ppl would be overstaying. No need to "overstay" bc once the Thai marries a Dutch person, unlike here in Thailand, no need for visa, the Thai can live and work hassle and visa free in my country, including voting. SADLY the favor is not returned, marry or not here in Thailand, until death we will need a visa to be with our Thai family in our new country, and the rules always change not in our favor and always have the risk to be denied a visa and get kicked out, family withchildren leaving behind.

No minimum income requirements ?

Quite often the comparison is made between Thailand and our home countries, yet the complexities, time and money involved are conveniently ignored to make the point against Thailand. 

For example: For my Wife to be eligible to move to the UK I must have a minimum annual income of £18,600 per year or minimum cash savings of £62,500.

In Thailand we can just go out and buy a Visa (Thai Elite) - a very simple option (if you have the money).

Or, we can get a Visa based on Marriage and renew each year, again simple if we can meet the requirements. 

Those who have difficulty meeting the requirements here would find themselves facing difficult meeting the requirements in the UK if the situation were reversed. (I'm not sure about Holland, but Imagine many countries to be similar).

On 12/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, fforest1 said:

A 218 day overstay could happen to anybody......Some times I forget to buy some milk at 7-11 .....He just had minor forgetfulness....

A couple of years ago I overstayed 2 days because I misread the date on the stamp. It had me terrified and I could not rectify the situation fast enough. No way could I sleep if I had overstayed 218 days. I would always be looking over my shoulder and would not be comfortable settling down or forming any relationships in Thailand.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:45 AM, sanemax said:

Yes, but Thailand doesnt want overstayers and people who disregard the law .

Thailand doesn't want longstayers.  They have opinions and force them on locals; hence the ever more stringent rules and enforcement of them.

The people who disregard the law most in Thailand are in Government and the police force.  Disregarding the law for Thais is a way of life.

A number of posts and replies bickering about language usage have been removed, please read this:

Forum Netiquette

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

A number of posts with inflammatory and insulting comments have been removed. 

Some more troll posts have been removed. 

18 hours ago, Dexxter said:

A couple of years ago I overstayed 2 days because I misread the date on the stamp. It had me terrified and I could not rectify the situation fast enough. No way could I sleep if I had overstayed 218 days. I would always be looking over my shoulder and would not be comfortable settling down or forming any relationships in Thailand.

You are not the only one who can misread the date stamp. Many moons ago I use to be on a 35x35 days rotation, so I regularly overstayed with a couple of days. Back then it was all smiles, pay your fine and off you go, but one time the immigration officer simply stamped me out, although I clearly had 5 days overstay.

6 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You are not the only one who can misread the date stamp. Many moons ago I use to be on a 35x35 days rotation, so I regularly overstayed with a couple of days. Back then it was all smiles, pay your fine and off you go, but one time the immigration officer simply stamped me out, although I clearly had 5 days overstay.

Exactly. They stamped you out and cashed in the Baht. And that's the difference.

Overstayers never did much harm, not today and not back then.

Today you get 10 officers knocking your hotel room door after 5 days.

This has nothing to do with anyone giving Farangs a bad name, not to other Farangs and not to immi's themselves, as some claim on here.

It's just the outcome of something of the past 5 years. 

Archived