Keep calling Big Oud's hotline: German arrested on 218 day overstay

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I am pretty sure all those that live here are aware of the burden placed on all of us by immigration so there is little wiggle room to claim lack of knowledge by the guy in question.  It's sad for him that he will not be allowed into Thailand again for 5 years,  but he only has to look in a mirror to see who it is he has to blame. 

It's the process that is the worst.

In a proper country, not a 3rd world doss house like this, there is a due process

You go to court and given time to sort your affairs

Not dumped into a septic pit and held captive for a weeks like a common criminal

You see people get 500 baht fines for attacks with axes and yet overstay your visa and the full force is down on you.

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

So a Thai grouse turned him in; he will be deported and the Thais who had been benefiting from his custom will lose out.  Thai logic.

Wouldn’t surprise me if foreigners were reporting also, going by the comments etc of some of these on here, wouldn’t trust them either 

31 minutes ago, dcnx said:

You give the person behind the desk too much credit. They are not looking in your bag or thinking anything other than what they will eat next or why you’re taking so long because they have Facebook open on their phone and it’s on the desk waiting for them. 

No one is going to know anyone else is overstaying unless they A) spy on them, or B) you brag to the locals that you’re on overstay.

So, it´s really sad that you do believe things like that. They might look at Facebook, but they are also doing their job.

36 minutes ago, dcnx said:

That’s the most Thai response you could have given. 

I’ll use your logic next time my wife catches me with another woman. “No dear, we were not having sex. She simply asked me to insert my penis into her vagina and thrust vigorously.”

Good Luck! 

40 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

If you see somebody beeing killed and you can identify the person who committed the crime. isn´t the right thing to come forward and report that?

You don't seem to comprehend easy English. Overstaying and killing somebody are two different shoes.

Yes, I also stated that in my post if you bothered to read all before you post. Seems like you are the one left with the coprehension problems.

40 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

You've stated in another post that you've often bought and drank beer on days when it wasn't allowed.

What would you think if I'd call the cops when I see you drinking on such a Buddha day, or similar and they arrest you?

Is that still "only reported", or would that be considered as spied on you? 

You still don´t get it! It´s fantastic! It´s not illegal to drink the beer you bought when sale was allowed. It´s illegal to sell beer during the time you are talking about. Get it now! Must be one of those days, right? To not drink on Buddha days is only a suggestion and will never have the possibility to be included in any of the existing laws.

48 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Yet you did the comparison, didn't you ????

Yes, because both are a criminal act that breaks the law. Just showing you can not chose what should be enforced or not. That is exectly what all that complains at me today, normally complain about when they talk about an IO´s power of discretion. So, let´s just say that they go as the wind blows, while I am standing strong in one place.

53 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Sir look up the meaning of the word Stool-pigeon.....

Irrelevant! Has nothing to do with this. If you think it has, than you have serious comprehension problems. Have a good day, and don´t bother me more with your bladder.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What is the stupid and morbid concentration on how they describe things? What is relevant in that?

What is relevant here is that another overstayer bites the dust, and will be according to the law deported and blacklisted for his arrogance and refusal to live by the rules.

Nobody have asked anybody to spy! Where are you getting that from. People are just asked to report what they know and suspicious circumstances. Same like in any country regarding any kind of criminal offense. But, of course, it sounds much better to explain it like you just did, because then you can put the blame on the Thais instead of the people that is commiting the offense.

Out of interest, Matzzon, if you became aware that a farang of your acquaintance was on overstay what would you do? And assuming that they have not committed any other offences or crimes.

(a) report them to the authorities?

(b) do nothing, because it’s not your business?

(c) try to persuade them, maybe over a period of time, to hand themselves in before they are caught out?

I would add that I am not trying to ‘bait’ you. I am just interested to know what your next step might be.

38 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

There is an American who is constantly causing problems, been arrested several times and yet hasn't had to endure this sort of treatment and hasn't even been deported yet!

Is Matzzon American ??

He must be causing so many problems, upsetting all the locals by reporting (note: Not spying) on their illegal activity...   :whistling:

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What is the stupid and morbid concentration on how they describe things? What is relevant in that?

What is relevant here is that another overstayer bites the dust, and will be according to the law deported and blacklisted for his arrogance and refusal to live by the rules.

Nobody have asked anybody to spy! Where are you getting that from. People are just asked to report what they know and suspicious circumstances. Same like in any country regarding any kind of criminal offense. But, of course, it sounds much better to explain it like you just did, because then you can put the blame on the Thais instead of the people that is commiting the offense.

He should have said snitch not spy

3 minutes ago, silver sea said:

Out of interest, Matzzon, if you became aware that a farang of your acquaintance was on overstay what would you do? And assuming that they have not committed any other offences or crimes.

(c) try to persuade them, maybe over a period of time, to hand themselves in before they are caught out?

I would add that I am not trying to ‘bait’ you. I am just interested to know

He has made it quite clear - We should all be reporting 'Law Breakers'......   anything else he will contradict himself and the corner he has backed himself into with his 'black & White', 'Right and Wrong' lack of 'real world' thinking. 

If it was a friend anyone who is considerate and cares would got for option (c) try and advise them to sort out their situation, otherwise (b) its not really our business, they are not hurting anyone. 

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

So a Thai grouse turned him in; he will be deported and the Thais who had been benefiting from his custom will lose out.  Thai logic.

He over stayed, it’s the law, l don’t see what the issue is. 

So many people still chill too much in the regard of overstaying. I just can`t understand that. The french boyfriend of a good friend here loves to overstay 1-2 days each time he visits her. He said it`s no problem, as he just gets trough with it or pays the small fine. When I told him if he never thought about a denied entry, because of that "minor thing" (he usually comes twice per year on exempt) he said no. 

If it was me, I wouldn`t mind to give everyone a life-long ban, if the overstay is more than 100 days. There`s absolutely no reason to overstay if one has nothing to hide.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Thais will grass on their own family if there's money to be made; it's called "Greed", a Thai trait.

"Thai logic" is that there is no tomorrow, so why plan for it.

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He has made it quite clear - We should all be reporting 'Law Breakers'......   anything else he will contradict himself and the corner he has backed himself into with his 'black & White', 'Right and Wrong' lack of 'real world' thinking. 

If it was a friend anyone who is considerate and cares would got for option (c) try and advise them to sort out their situation, otherwise (b) its not really our business, they are not hurting anyone. 

I agree that in his view that is what “we” (as in you and me) should be doing, but I was just giving him a chance to say whether or not he would definitely report someone himself.

16 minutes ago, silver sea said:

I would add that I am not trying to ‘bait’ you. I am just interested to know what your next step might be.

No problem, it´s a fair question that I´ve already been asked before and also replied to. ???? 

I answer same as before. I do not have any friends or people I know that overstays that I am aware of. If it would happen, though. I would chose (c).

That at the same time as I would try to help them. For example with a ticket home or other economic help. If that is not accepted and they do not clear their problem. Yeah, then I will assume that they refuse to get help if they have no money, or chose to just don´t give a thought to obeying the rules.

That is not any kind of friends I would like to have, and will then have to reconsider and understand that I made a wrong choice of friend. Therefore I would report him if he is that crazed and ignorant or do not see the benefit in the offer of help.

4 minutes ago, silver sea said:

I agree that in his view that is what “we” (as in you and me) should be doing, but I was just giving him a chance to say whether or not he would definitely report someone himself.

He's not on this forum to contribute intellectually. He presents an 'off the cuff' response, then presents any argument no matter how daft, unbalanced or extreme to win. 

For people like this the discussion isn't about explaining something and entering into intelligent debate, learning and passing on their thoughts - its about winning and argument no matter how daft, unbalance, bias or wrong their viewpoint is. 

39 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Im  going to report the about  20million daily  who dont wear a helmet

Sure, It´s your life. I would go for the on that drives on the pavements, due to that you at least gets payed. However, then you are doing something that a Thai could have been doing and are earning money at the same time without a work permit that is impossible to get for that. You will be deported! ????????????????????

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

I believe the term is "grass", a grouse is a small game bird.

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Because it's just low hanging fruit.

Who cares about days of overstay, even down to the silly count of only 5 days, as we read last week.

... in the past, the immi just cashed in their 500 Baht per day on the way out and it was not even worth a mention.

But surely ... I can sleep so much better these days! ... life is so much more safe and secure now that all those overstayers are not on the road around us anymore. What a relieve!

Another day, another unimportant overstay report on TV ... hope you got your daily dose & kick out of it Mazzo ;-))

So why do the BIB need people to ring a hotline and dob in overstayers. BIB keep bragging about their wonderful 2 billion baht bio metric system that catches all these people; or has someone noticed at BIB in doesnt work on people that are not scanned in the system yet?

Archived