Keep calling Big Oud's hotline: German arrested on 218 day overstay

4 hours ago, Morty T said:

I would totally give you the point you're trying to make, but as it was pointed out this is a hotline that pays to report ' crimes, ' committed by farang only. There is no 1178 hotline, when I see my Thai neighbors dumping last night's trash in the river next to the Baan. 

No 1178 hotline for You??? Yeah, then it´s not easy to know how to do, right?

And then it´s not "committed by farangs only". It´s a hotline for reporting non-citizens that can not adjust to a lawful and right life in Thailand. If you follow the news everyday, I am sure you understand why it´s there.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's getting more like East Germany, when the Stasi had everyone spying on everyone else,while I am against overstayers,they seem to be going over the top,asking the public to be basically s

He broke the law - get over it

Posted Images

Just another overstayer, why did he do it? God knows, maybe he is wanted back home, or no money left, maybe lost it all to a Thai woman . 

Edited by balo

would be funny if it wasn't so sad.  As if this is important to Thailand vs. say poisoning the population by the Chinese friends , what visa do they have ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/08/world/asia/e-waste-thailand-southeast-asia.html

Typically people that overstay are still spending foreign dollars into your weak and failing economy. It's not as if foreigners are receiving any type of public aid or welfare services that you people receive when you come to Western countries begging for asylum. I'm happy that you make this such a big public deal to advertise outside of your country just how ungrateful you really are. If you don't think foreigners see you in this light you are sadly mistaken. Lawlessness and being ungrateful are such fine qualities aren't they? Bite the hand that feeds and go hungry!!!

20 hours ago, Matzzon said:

What is the stupid and morbid concentration on how they describe things? What is relevant in that?

What is relevant here is that another overstayer bites the dust, and will be according to the law deported and blacklisted for his arrogance and refusal to live by the rules.

Nobody have asked anybody to spy! Where are you getting that from. People are just asked to report what they know and suspicious circumstances. Same like in any country regarding any kind of criminal offense. But, of course, it sounds much better to explain it like you just did, because then you can put the blame on the Thais instead of the people that is commiting the offense.

"Arrogance and refusal to live by the rules" sounds same same "When in Rome do as the Romans do". BRILLIANT!!!

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

I am quite sure that the people who reported him will not lost out fiancialy 

True.  He has to eat so local shops lose out.  He lives somewhere so rent/household bills will no longer apply.  Travel?  Car/motorbike/taxis - gone.  Then when he returns to his Fatherland, this disgruntled ex-tourist will urge as many as will listen, to avoid Thailand.

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

True.  He has to eat so local shops lose out.  He lives somewhere so rent/household bills will no longer apply.  Travel?  Car/motorbike/taxis - gone.  Then when he returns to his Fatherland, this disgruntled ex-tourist will urge as many as will listen, to avoid Thailand.

Yes, but Thailand doesnt want overstayers and people who disregard the law .

13 hours ago, HHTel said:

I don't see anywhere that states he was 'turned in' and if he was, then we don't know if it was a Thai or foreigner.

'Naew Na repeated their request for the public to continue to call 1178 to help immigration with lawbreakers' - I figure the words 'continue to call' suggests this.

A foreigner would not call 1178 because (s)he knows whoever answers won't understand English anyway.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, giddyup said:

I believe the term is "grass", a grouse is a small game bird.

Also from Dictionary.com -

verb (used without object), groused, grous·ing.

to grumble; complain: I've never met anyone who grouses so much about his work.

noun

a complaint.
17 hours ago, Owiee said:

He over stayed, it’s the law, l don’t see what the issue is. 

The issue is urging Thais to grass on farangs (for money?) when he may have dependents; may be supporting a number of local businesses who will now lose out; maybe he will tell every potential tourist in Germany of his treatment so more Thais lose out if they choose to go to Vietnam instead.

18 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if foreigners were reporting also, going by the comments etc of some of these on here, wouldn’t trust them either 

Farangs know ringing the hotline is useless as no one will understand English if the phone is answered.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, monkfish said:

From my experience most likely a Farang who snitched,Thai's generally mind their own business as snitching can is a dangerous pass time in LOS.

Farangs know not to phone as no one speaks English at the other end.