Woman driver dead after crashing into neighbor's house

webfact

Woman driver dead after crashing into neighbor's house

3pmre.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A 33 year old Thai woman driver was killed when she drove out of her home and into a neighbor's house. 

Pimsuda was driving her Honda City at speed. She had left her house 500 meters away in a Bang Na housing estate yesterday. 

She went through a fence and into a wall at a property in the same estate. 

Despite two airbags deploying she died at the scene from head trauma. 

Bang Na police are keeping an open mind suggesting she either suffered a medical emergency or she might have had an argument with someone at her home causing her to drive erratically. 

Source: Sanook

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-12

How can that accident kill you??

She died from head-trauma = no seatbelt?

IF so, a real shame that the most basic of safety laws was ignored. 

Time and time again I see so many drivers and passengers in cars, especially children standing up on the front seat. 

The ignorance towards the most basic safety here is astonishing and heartbreaking. 

Nearly all models of modern car are designed to 'beep' when someone doesn't wear their seatbelts. But there are those seat-belt clip things (image below) - the most idiotic invention I have ever seen.  

Or people fasten the seatbelt over the seat before sitting down. That whole action acknowledges that a seatbelt must be worn and makes more effort to not wear it than wear it. 

I have the same difficulty with my in-laws - they know in my car they must wear their seatbelt and always do, automatically. But when in their car, they never wear their belt. The mindset astonishes me. 

2075559048_ScreenShot2019-12-12at11_44_18.png.d688028f22c951b2046557ad89e1ac22.png

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Bang Na police are keeping an open mind suggesting she either suffered a medical emergency or she might have had an argument with someone at her home causing her to drive erratically. 

Perhas she had a few, before driving?

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Are you saying someone is selling the above item, in order to avoid wearing a seatbelt and to shut up the audible warning?

Thats exactly what I'm saying...   

That's literally criminal. To my mind that like being an accessory to murder.

RIP, maybe another one of those ,mistaking the accelerator for the brake,

it's confusing to some,as there are 2 pedals,I dont think a woman driver

would have a stick change,3 pedals ,way too many.

It's strange how some people can survive a total smash up and only get minor

injuries ,while this crash does not look too bad and she's dead.

regards Worgeordie

43 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

It's strange how some people can survive a total smash up and only get minor

injuries ,while this crash does not look too bad and she's dead.

Beg to differ on that comment. Judging from the amount of impact damage, that car was moving pretty fast. If she wasn't wearing her seat-belt, the impact of the airbag can kill.

To me, this has the hallmarks of a deliberate act, maybe a moment of pure rage.

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How can that accident kill you??

She died from head-trauma = no seatbelt?

Time and time again I see so many drivers and passengers in cars, especially children standing up on the front seat. 

The ignorance towards the most basic safety here is astonishing and heartbreaking. 

Nearly all models of modern car are designed to 'beep' when someone doesn't wear their seatbelts. But there are those seat-belt clip things (image below) - the most idiotic invention I have ever seen.  

Or people fasten the seatbelt over the seat before sitting down. That whole action acknowledges that a seatbelt must be worn and makes more effort to not wear it than wear it. 

I have the same difficulty with my in-laws - they know in my car they must wear their seatbelt and always do, automatically. But when in their car, they never wear their belt. The mindset astonishes me. 

2075559048_ScreenShot2019-12-12at11_44_18.png.d688028f22c951b2046557ad89e1ac22.png

welcome to thailand

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

recurrently mind boggling but thats the way like choose

10 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Are you saying someone is selling the above item, in order to avoid wearing a seatbelt and to shut up the audible warning?

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats exactly what I'm saying...   

7 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What country that from? 

Not need in Thailand. Is easy to stop the noise. Have wire under seat with connection. Easy to pull off. Many people do it.

16 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There are so many things that are over-the-counter but not allowed, or even banned from use as we see in the photo: "do not use";
it should also be written in Thai, of course.

It would be best to ban the production of these dangerous things.

It is like the TV screens in many vehicles.
From the factory it is impossible to watch a video while driving, but in any auto parts store, a worker will hack the thing for you to make it possible.

Same with the rear seats in the two-door pickups;
these are not places for passengers, there is besides no possibility of putting there seat belts and yet ... what do we see in Thailand?
passengers when it should only be used to transport equipment.

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

What country that from? 

Not need in Thailand. Is easy to stop the noise. Have wire under seat with connection. Easy to pull off. Many people do it.

Yes in 3rd world countries maybe but I've never heard of it in the uk because we have police and cameras and law to stop you do anything like that.maybe if this lady have seat belt on she would be with her family today.

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

What country that from? 

Oh and by the way,what you think is easy and smart all farang think is very stupid and dangerous.

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yes in 3rd world countries maybe but I've never heard of it in the uk because we have police and cameras and law to stop you do anything like that.maybe if this lady have seat belt on she would be with her family today.

USA is third world??

Archived