Jump to content
BANGKOK
panik

Missed 90-Day Notification

Recommended Posts

Hello

 

I know this is my totally my fault for being irresponsible.

 

I unfortunately forgot to report for the 90-day notification and I just remembered it today!

 

It was supposed to be on the 4th of December, however, it's already 12th today

 

Any information on what consequences I would face? And how much I would possibly pay? 

 

Kindly help. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was a holiday, go today and you might just get away with it

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can do the 90 days report 14 days before and 7 days after the date. So you are not too late, because yesterday was a holiday. If they count the holiday, you are one day too late. Don´t worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

You can do the 90 days report 14 days before and 7 days after the date. So you are not too late, because yesterday was a holiday. If they count the holiday, you are one day too late. Don´t worry.

 

18 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yesterday was a holiday, go today and you might just get away with it


The OP is too late.


The fact that it was a holiday is irrelevant. You have 7 days from when the report becomes due to make the report. So that’s effectively 5 working days, or less if there’s a public holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

 


The OP is too late.


The fact that it was a holiday is irrelevant. You have 7 days from when the report becomes due to make the report. So that’s effectively 5 working days, or less if there’s a public holiday.

So it means I only had the chance to report without penalty or anything until yesterday right?


What will happen if I report tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, panik said:

What will happen if I report tomorrow?

It would be a 2000 baht fine if you went yesterday, today or tomorrow. Your last day was Tuesday since the report date is counted in the 7 days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find Jomtien Immigration very easy to work with.

 

Apologise for being late, say it was totally your fault and be prepared to pay a small fine that's all,

As there is nothing you can do with the receipt don't bother asking for one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, panik said:

So it means I only had the chance to report without penalty or anything until yesterday right?


What will happen if I report tomorrow?

They should find you 2,000 baht and put a small stamp in your passport confirming the fine. There are no consequences beyond that. Nothing to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My ED visa will expire on 17th and I will leave the country on Monday

 

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They should find you 2,000 baht and put a small stamp in your passport confirming the fine. There are no consequences beyond that. Nothing to worry about.

My ED visa will expire on 17th and I will leave the country on Monday

 

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, panik said:

My ED visa will expire on 17th and I will leave the country on Monday

 

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

No, they don't check at borders or airports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, they don't check at borders or airports.

I would be going out of Thailand to Laos on the 16th (ED visa will expire on 17th) then I will be back around Wednesday night or Thursday early morning with a tourist visa

 

If I don't report for 90 days now, any problem I would encounter when I want to extend next time at Chaengwattana? Or when I apply for work permit? Let's say I renew my passport because it will expire on 2020 anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, panik said:

If I don't report for 90 days now, any problem I would encounter when I want to extend next time at Chaengwattana? Or when I apply for work permit? Let's say I renew my passport because it will expire on 2020 anyways

I believe the only place this might be picked up is doing another 90 day report in person. A fine might be issued. No knowledge of impact on doing extensions etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, panik said:

My ED visa will expire on 17th and I will leave the country on Monday

 

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

No. Absolutely none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...