Missed 90-Day Notification

Hello

I know this is my totally my fault for being irresponsible.

I unfortunately forgot to report for the 90-day notification and I just remembered it today!

It was supposed to be on the 4th of December, however, it's already 12th today

Any information on what consequences I would face? And how much I would possibly pay? 

Kindly help. Thank you

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

You can do the 90 days report 14 days before and 7 days after the date. So you are not too late, because yesterday was a holiday. If they count the holiday, you are one day too late. Don´t worry.

18 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yesterday was a holiday, go today and you might just get away with it

The OP is too late.

The fact that it was a holiday is irrelevant. You have 7 days from when the report becomes due to make the report. So that’s effectively 5 working days, or less if there’s a public holiday.

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The OP is too late.

The fact that it was a holiday is irrelevant. You have 7 days from when the report becomes due to make the report. So that’s effectively 5 working days, or less if there’s a public holiday.

So it means I only had the chance to report without penalty or anything until yesterday right?

What will happen if I report tomorrow?

27 minutes ago, panik said:

So it means I only had the chance to report without penalty or anything until yesterday right?

What will happen if I report tomorrow?

They should find you 2,000 baht and put a small stamp in your passport confirming the fine. There are no consequences beyond that. Nothing to worry about.

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They should find you 2,000 baht and put a small stamp in your passport confirming the fine. There are no consequences beyond that. Nothing to worry about.

My ED visa will expire on 17th and I will leave the country on Monday

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

1 minute ago, panik said:

My ED visa will expire on 17th and I will leave the country on Monday

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

No, they don't check at borders or airports.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, they don't check at borders or airports.

I would be going out of Thailand to Laos on the 16th (ED visa will expire on 17th) then I will be back around Wednesday night or Thursday early morning with a tourist visa

If I don't report for 90 days now, any problem I would encounter when I want to extend next time at Chaengwattana? Or when I apply for work permit? Let's say I renew my passport because it will expire on 2020 anyways

2 minutes ago, panik said:

If I don't report for 90 days now, any problem I would encounter when I want to extend next time at Chaengwattana? Or when I apply for work permit? Let's say I renew my passport because it will expire on 2020 anyways

I believe the only place this might be picked up is doing another 90 day report in person. A fine might be issued. No knowledge of impact on doing extensions etc. 

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I believe the only place this might be picked up is doing another 90 day report in person. A fine might be issued. No knowledge of impact on doing extensions etc. 

A fine cannot be issued because the report never became overdue.

26 minutes ago, panik said:

I would be going out of Thailand to Laos on the 16th (ED visa will expire on 17th) then I will be back around Wednesday night or Thursday early morning with a tourist visa

That should be more of a concern in the current climate.

If I don't report for 90 days now, any problem I would encounter when I want to extend next time at Chaengwattana?

None.

Or when I apply for work permit?

The labour office aren’t concerned with immigration issues. They just need to see the right visa category and valid permit to stay.

19 hours ago, elviajero said:

Twice in the 17 years I have lived here, I missed the 90 day address report deadline. The first time was I mistakenly thought doing my second extension of stay, that the including my address was sufficient - wrong, fined 2,000 baht.  The second time was a few years later and I had forgotten to put an alert in my calendar.  Again a 2,000 baht fine.  

However, in neither case was any stamp placed in my passport - just paid the fine and received the usual "reporting" slip showing date of report and when the next one was due.   However, that has been a few years ago, so it is possible they might now be putting a stamp in the passport for being late with address reporting, but until the above, I have never heard anyone mention anything about also having a stamp put in their passport as a result.

45 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Not sure which immigration office you visit, but certainly in Jomtien they are pretty pragmatic about it. I don’t think you’ll have a problem.

Pragmatic meaning don’t expect a receipt... :coffee1:

Edited by sfokevin

Some people have issues not properly canceling their ED. Make sure you do that if you plan to get a future visa. I believe the school will give you a letter. Somchai sometimes enforces this. Talk to your school, they will know what’s currently needed.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:11 PM, ScotlandtheBrave said:

Really not much to worry about. Last year in October I managed to complete my annual renewal of my retirement visa and then completely forgot my 90 days for five weeks! I shot down to Immigration in Jomtien, here in Pattaya, sweating and shaking. The lovely lady who normally handles this was laughing at me as I must have looked terrified, pointed to mr grumpy next to her and said "Overstay". Mr Grumpy was laughing at me too as I must have looked really silly, said 2,000 Baht fine (five weeks late, remember). I handed that over and started to calm down, as Mr Grumpy was doing the paperwork, then he looked up at me and asked "You want receipt?", and I was about to say yes when i caught lovely lady's eye and she shook her head slightly at me and I quickly replied "On no!" and Mr Grumpy grinned widely at me. 

Don't panic Mr Mannering! You willl be fine!

Don't panic Mr Mannering! You willl be fine! fined ????

16 hours ago, soisanuk said:

Twice in the 17 years I have lived here, I missed the 90 day address report deadline. The first time was I mistakenly thought doing my second extension of stay, that the including my address was sufficient - wrong, fined 2,000 baht.  The second time was a few years later and I had forgotten to put an alert in my calendar.  Again a 2,000 baht fine.  

However, in neither case was any stamp placed in my passport - just paid the fine and received the usual "reporting" slip showing date of report and when the next one was due.   However, that has been a few years ago, so it is possible they might now be putting a stamp in the passport for being late with address reporting, but until the above, I have never heard anyone mention anything about also having a stamp put in their passport as a result.

The stamp is nothing new. It will depend on each office whether or not they stamp the passport.

44AB93B0-D3F9-4AF5-9E33-09DD02FA1C17.jpeg

On 12/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, panik said:

You are feeling lucky, no guarantee they'll let you back in. Make sure you don't use the airports.