BANGKOK
panik

Missed 90-Day Notification

Hello

I know this is my totally my fault for being irresponsible.

I unfortunately forgot to report for the 90-day notification and I just remembered it today!

It was supposed to be on the 4th of December, however, it's already 12th today

Any information on what consequences I would face? And how much I would possibly pay? 

Kindly help. Thank you

Yesterday was a holiday, go today and you might just get away with it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can do the 90 days report 14 days before and 7 days after the date. So you are not too late, because yesterday was a holiday. If they count the holiday, you are one day too late. Don´t worry.

11 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

You can do the 90 days report 14 days before and 7 days after the date. So you are not too late, because yesterday was a holiday. If they count the holiday, you are one day too late. Don´t worry.

18 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yesterday was a holiday, go today and you might just get away with it

The OP is too late.

The fact that it was a holiday is irrelevant. You have 7 days from when the report becomes due to make the report. So that’s effectively 5 working days, or less if there’s a public holiday.

3 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The OP is too late.

The fact that it was a holiday is irrelevant. You have 7 days from when the report becomes due to make the report. So that’s effectively 5 working days, or less if there’s a public holiday.

So it means I only had the chance to report without penalty or anything until yesterday right?

What will happen if I report tomorrow?

13 minutes ago, panik said:

It would be a 2000 baht fine if you went yesterday, today or tomorrow. Your last day was Tuesday since the report date is counted in the 7 days.

• Like 1

I find Jomtien Immigration very easy to work with.

Apologise for being late, say it was totally your fault and be prepared to pay a small fine that's all,

As there is nothing you can do with the receipt don't bother asking for one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, panik said:

So it means I only had the chance to report without penalty or anything until yesterday right?

They should find you 2,000 baht and put a small stamp in your passport confirming the fine. There are no consequences beyond that. Nothing to worry about.

My ED visa will expire on 17th and I will leave the country on Monday

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

13 minutes ago, elviajero said:

They should find you 2,000 baht and put a small stamp in your passport confirming the fine. There are no consequences beyond that. Nothing to worry about.

Would there be any problem returning to Thailand if I skip doing the 90-day report?

1 minute ago, panik said:

No, they don't check at borders or airports.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

No, they don't check at borders or airports.

I would be going out of Thailand to Laos on the 16th (ED visa will expire on 17th) then I will be back around Wednesday night or Thursday early morning with a tourist visa

If I don't report for 90 days now, any problem I would encounter when I want to extend next time at Chaengwattana? Or when I apply for work permit? Let's say I renew my passport because it will expire on 2020 anyways

2 minutes ago, panik said:

If I don't report for 90 days now, any problem I would encounter when I want to extend next time at Chaengwattana? Or when I apply for work permit? Let's say I renew my passport because it will expire on 2020 anyways

I believe the only place this might be picked up is doing another 90 day report in person. A fine might be issued. No knowledge of impact on doing extensions etc. 

32 minutes ago, panik said:

No. Absolutely none.