ticket out of thailand to get entry visa

im wondering if lets say im in ho chi mihn city and i want a tourist visa to thailand..............i know i need to present tickets showing me going into and out of thailand.  heres the question. i will enter thailand about january 14 for starting date.  but im wondering if its ok to present my ticket home to usa that is to be flown on april 29...................as the exit ticket.............even though the visa i want to get is only a 60 day visa,,,,,,,   so technically my visa i seek would end about march 14...............and my exit ticket i present to consulate would be april 29..  would they allow that or do i need to present an exit ticket  that says im leaving about march 14?

They normally will accept a ticket out that is less than 90 days from the date you a apply for the tourist visa since that would be the total stay from it you can get by applying for a 30 day extension.

I am sure the will not accept a ticket out of the country dated April 29th since that would about 105 days.

You could get a low cost one way ticket out to any nearby country from any airport here to meet the requirement.

• Like 1

OP, at HCMC consulate they most likely will accept a flight out within 90 days.

A recent post from member was made where he had explained that he intended to obtain 30 extension to the SETV.

Won't work with your time frame. Buy cheapest onward flight you can find. Think of it a part of cost. Some will suggest Google sites like "rent a flight ticket" etc or buy an expensive fully refundable ticket.

I would go throw away option.

Edited by DrJack54

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, at HCMC consulate they most likely will accept a flight out within 90 days.

A recent post from member was made where he had explained that he intended to obtain 30 extension to the SETV.

Won't work with your time frame. Buy cheapest onward flight you can find. Think of it a part of cost. Some will suggest Google sites like "rent a tick" etc or buy an expensive fully refundable ticket.

I would go throw away option.

thanks i can buy a ticket i would use. i am just trying to keep my exit date flexible right now