Appeals Court upholds 16-month prison sentence for Premchai

webfact

27 minutes ago, neeray said:

It's a good idea to use the "QUOTE" feature as it's pretty difficult, actually impossible, to tell what post you are referring to. "two posts above" is meaningless as others drop in randomly.

No. "Two posts above YOURS" is an exact marking point. If you can't figure that out (or even bother to read a thread before posting something here) I can't help you.

Don't need any help thanks. I read quite well and attentively. But I think you might need a little help from a doctor to get that burr out of your rectum.

Thanks for using the QUOTE feature this time. It really helps.

Have a great day.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

This is one of the biggest fairy tales on thaivisa. The "mushroom pickers" were never accused, charged, or convicted of picking mushrooms and I defy you to prove otherwise. They were caught red handed illegal logging in the national forest. If old fat fingers premchai said he was picking mushrooms you would be laughing your asses off. Again, different standards where we believe the lies of the poor and give them a free pass.

They were jailed for illegal logging, yes. The old couple said they were picking mushrooms, but they were accused of being illegal loggers who fell over 700 trees. I'm not sure how the prosecutors could prove they were behind the felling of 700+ trees. They were caught cos they left their motorbike at the scene. If you read the report, it seems they could have been part of the illegal-logging gang, but just being in the area, their age and means of transport, makes it all look very conjectural.

Whatever the case; they took the fall for it. Which many deemed (including me) very unfair. So going back to the original point, no, a rich person would not have received the same treatment as the old couple who said they were picking mushrooms. This very case involving Premchai is further proof. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Premchai detained while waiting for a bail ruling from the Supreme Court

dFQROr7oWzulq5FZYjuvKsS9LMK1UxbQAs1LzIKO

Italian-Thai Development’s Premchai Karnasuta has been detained at Thong Pha Phum district prison, together with two of his fellow accused, while awaiting a ruling by the Supreme Court on their bail application after being sentenced for illegal poaching of protected wildlife in the Thung Yai Narusuan wildlife sanctuary.

The Appeals Court today upheld the lower court’s guilty verdict on Premchai, Yong Dodkrua, Thanee Thummat and Mrs. Nathee Riamsaeng, but increased their prison terms.

Premchai’s prison term was increased from 16 months to two years and 17 months, Yong received 2 years and 17 months instead of 13 months, Thanee received 2 years and 21 months instead of 2 years and 17 months while Mrs Nathee was given a 1 year and 8 month suspended jail term.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/premchai-detained-while-waiting-for-a-bail-ruling-from-the-supreme-court/

thaipbs.jpg

In which 5-star hotel do you keep the fraud hunter ???

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Maybe if I act like I am really old and frail they will give me a break and I can get back to hiking through the jungle at night."

imageprfghfoxy.php.jpg

I could not believe it , on tv the other night, Harvey Weinstein,

attending court with a Zimmer frame !, I am too ill to go to jail.

regards Worgeordie 

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

The old couple said they were picking mushrooms, but they were accused of being illegal loggers who fell over 700 trees.

It wasn't just them. There was a group of around 6 people caught red handed illegally logging trees from the national forest that day. Of course some will go by motorcycle, some by truck, and what not. The mushroom pickers fought the charges all the way to the supreme court and lost every step of the way. The evidence against them must have been superb. I believe one of the issues is illegal timbers were found at the mushroom pickers house. Maybe it was used as the staging area or for the sawmill, I really don't know. I found a comment the mushroom picker made after losing at the supreme court telling. He said something to the effect he would think twice before bringing firewood out of the forest. A shocking statement because he was no longer talking about the mushroom defense, but now was admitting he had taken wood and characterized it in a way to try to make it sound like no big deal. Thus two different stories emerged to beat the illegal logging charges (first mushrooming, then firewood). I for one have a hard time believing his emerging story given all the facts surrounding the case.

22 minutes ago, canopy said:

It wasn't just them. There was a group of around 6 people caught red handed illegally logging trees from the national forest that day. Of course some will go by motorcycle, some by truck, and what not. The mushroom pickers fought the charges all the way to the supreme court and lost every step of the way. The evidence against them must have been superb. I believe one of the issues is illegal timbers were found at the mushroom pickers house. Maybe it was used as the staging area or for the sawmill, I really don't know. I found a comment the mushroom picker made after losing at the supreme court telling. He said something to the effect he would think twice before bringing firewood out of the forest. A shocking statement because he was no longer talking about the mushroom defense, but now was admitting he had taken wood and characterized it in a way to try to make it sound like no big deal. Thus two different stories emerged to beat the illegal logging charges (first mushrooming, then firewood). I for one have a hard time believing his emerging story given all the facts surrounding the case.

Well, Premchai made bail now. Something that old couple couldn’t afford. And he really was caught bang to rights. 

On 12/12/2019 at 12:08 PM, darksidedog said:

Any money you like he will be out on bail again in no time (and from the full article he is), and who would want to bet that the Supreme Court won't reverse the decision and let the fat git avoid prison?

He may have supported wrong people in the past and now gets the book thrown at him. Highly unlikely it will be overturned by Supreme Court . If he was to walk, appeals court would have reduced the sentence and commuted it to house arrest or something .

saying that, I do see another possible play. Seeing his pics getting out of cop car, walking stick and looking sick.

perhaps he would be physically unfit to serve the sentence and released by the warden after warden gets a new Benz . Also notice from media pics , police captain helping him to get out from the car , you do not  normally see police captains helping convicts 

Archived