BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand road carnage: "Big Bike" rider among 26 dead on Tuesday

Thailand road carnage: "Big Bike" rider among 26 dead on Tuesday

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News continued their campaign to raise awareness about the appalling fatalities on the Thai roads. 

They said that 26 died on Tuesday but cautioned that this figure was not official. It refers just to those that die at the scene of accidents not those that succumb later in hospital. Also some districts are late in reporting their figures.  

Thaivisa notes that Thai officialdom have accepted that well in excess of 20,000 people die on the roads in the kingdom each year. Some put the figure at around 24,000 - 26,000 per annum. 

9pm3.jpg

Picture: Daily News

This ranks Thailand as one of the most dangerous places in the world to drive.

At the scene deaths for this month already total 422.

The year figure is 13,885. 

Daily News highlighted the need for those riding "big bikes" (powerful motorcycles) to take care on the roads. 

They showed a picture after a motorcyclist on a Honda CBR 650 was killed after going into the side of an Isuzu pick-up then into a wall. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-12
  • Sad 4

If you want to compare Thailand's road toll with any western countries toll,obviously you aren't very smart or just another Thai basher.

• Confused 12
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I almost crashed into plenty motorbikes because they cross lanes, ride out from in between cars and do stuff you wouldn't imagine.     

You clearly have to work on your imagination...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
12 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I almost crashed into plenty motorbikes because they cross lanes, ride out from in between cars and do stuff you wouldn't imagine.     

You clearly have to work on your imagination...

Being exposed to the mindless recklessness of 'some' of the motorcyclists, I have witnessed some of the daftest maneuvers. 

I can imagine worse, yet on a daily basis I'm still surprised as a motorcyclist tries and gets away with the seemingly impossible, blissfully unaware of how close he (usually a he) came to serious injury or worse - and that's before I exit the 1km of my Soi to the main road !

Overtaking on the blind humpback bridge over the Khlong is a favorite. 

• Like 1