Lampang: Chae Son's hot springs draw thousands of visitors

webfact

Chae Son's hot springs draw thousands of visitors

By The Nation

800_2143aa274071605.jpg?v=1576139932

Visitors from all over the country are thronging Chae Son National Park in Lampang province to enjoy the hot springs in the park and the cool weather after the temperature dropped to 8-10 degrees Celsius, Tawan Chanprom, the park’s chief officer, said.

About 1,000-2,000 visitors visited the park every day during the last five days, particularly at the weekend. Most of them enjoyed immersing themselves in the hot springs for relaxation and boiling eggs for fun.

The park has announced that it will be temporarily closed from 8am to 9am on December 17 and 18 to clean the hot springs area and bathhouses and requested visitors not to bring any kind of plastic and foam to the park.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30379354

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-12

Went to one of these famous hot springs just outside Krabie: apart from trying to over charge me to get in (only when I went to walk away did the price come down) it was a total waste of money. Nothing natural about it, all concrete man made cheap, run down/under cunstruction the way Thai's can do and above all rather pathetic. 

14 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Went to one of these famous hot springs just outside Krabie: apart from trying to over charge me to get in (only when I went to walk away did the price come down) it was a total waste of money. Nothing natural about it, all concrete man made cheap, run down/under cunstruction the way Thai's can do and above all rather pathetic. 

You went to the wrong hot springs.

The ones just outside Krabi are concrete holes in the ground and are not worth a visit.

The ones you should have visited are 60 or so Km South of Krabi near Klong Thom and the Crystal/Emerald pools.

These hot springs are a natural formation of rock pools above a river and are well worth a visit provided you do not arrive at the same time as a busload of Chinese tourists.

These hot springs are in the National Park and you have to pay the standard park fee.

Sadly many people fall for this - I am not sure you can call it a scam. If you don't specify which hot spring you want (there are many in this province), then they will take you to the nearest one that pays a kick-back, not the only one worth visiting.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:41 AM, PaoloR said:

You went to the wrong hot springs.

The ones just outside Krabi are concrete holes in the ground and are not worth a visit.

The ones you should have visited are 60 or so Km South of Krabi near Klong Thom and the Crystal/Emerald pools.

These hot springs are a natural formation of rock pools above a river and are well worth a visit provided you do not arrive at the same time as a busload of Chinese tourists.

These hot springs are in the National Park and you have to pay the standard park fee.

Sadly many people fall for this - I am not sure you can call it a scam. If you don't specify which hot spring you want (there are many in this province), then they will take you to the nearest one that pays a kick-back, not the only one worth visiting.

Yes I have heard about Emerald Pools but on principle stopped going to National Parks as refuse to pay the foreign price gouging prices. I was on my motorbike and passed it heading to Krabi and decided to take a look on the way home. If I had seen it I would have just kept on riding but the place was shielded with a very tall fence/wall. Then again waterfalls etc don't really do it for me as seen so many beautiful falls in Scotland. 

Archived