Sandy Hook families to get day in court against gunmaker

snoop1130

33 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Not in the lala world of some American politicians and elected judges!

Yeah for the Democrats!

Huh, did you read the OP "Connecticut’s highest court, in a 4-3 ruling, said in March that families of the school children gunned down in the massacre can sue Remington.

The company appealed that ruling to the United States Supreme Court, which last month declined to shield the gun maker from the lawsuit."

So the democrat stacked elected Supreme Court judges said the trial can go ahead according to you.

Link: Police Chief Tears Into Ted Cruz, McConnell For Caring More About NRA Than Gun Victims

"Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo lashed Texas Republican senators and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Monday for appearing to care more about the National Rifle Association than victims of gun violence. 

“I don’t want to see their little smug faces about about how much they care about law enforcement when I’m burying a sergeant because they don’t want to <deleted> off the NRA,” Acevedo said outside the Houston medical examiner’s office, where the body of shooting victim Police Sgt. Christopher Brewster lay.

He pressed McConnell and Sens. Ted Cruz and John Cornyn: “Make up your minds. ""

On 12/12/2019 at 5:43 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Blaming gun manufacturers and dealers for the deaths of people is about as logical as blaming heroin producers and distributors for the death of people.

Except that drug pushers are knowingly giving people substances they know will kill some people.

Gun manufactures only intend on selling to law abiding citizens who will use them for self-defense or for military applications.

I don't think you can compare the 2 although I do understand where you're coming from.

11 minutes ago, SanookTeufel said:

Except that drug pushers are knowingly giving people substances they know will kill some people.

Gun manufactures only intend on selling to law abiding citizens who will use them for self-defense or for military applications.

I don't think you can compare the 2 although I do understand where you're coming from.

Agree the comparison is not valid.

But disagree with you, gun manufacturers intend on selling to anybody, that is why they want no limitations on sales and loopholes in present regulations.

22 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Did Remington actually market their Bushmaster as "... a combat weapon for waging war and killing human beings"? Or, is this simply the attorney's assessment of the marketing?

Well, that's the crux of the argument. The law suit will be decided on exactly that point.

For instance, according to the attorneys for the parents:

Bushmaster and other gunmaker defendants "promote their AR-15s by advertising that the most elite branches of the military – including Special Forces, SEALs, Green Berets and Army Rangers – have used them."

The attorneys point to other ads, one showing images of helmeted gunmen in army-style gear and another showing what appears to be a commando wielding the "professional grade weaponry." 

So you have accurately summed up what this case is all about.

Ridiculous, 

Do you then sue the match company for deaths caused by an arsonist.  How about the beer, wine, and liquor companies for the death by cirrhosis or drunk driving accidents.  How about the automobile companies for the deaths by reckless drivers.  Firearms are inanimate objects.  They can be misused not any different than clubs, knives, matches, alcohol etc. 

18 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Ridiculous, 

Do you then sue the match company for deaths caused by an arsonist.  How about the beer, wine, and liquor companies for the death by cirrhosis or drunk driving accidents.  How about the automobile companies for the deaths by reckless drivers.  Firearms are inanimate objects.  They can be misused not any different than clubs, knives, matches, alcohol etc. 

A fire arm is made to kill, other objects are not.

Archived