Thanos creator labels Donald Trump a 'pompous fool' after Avengers tweet

snoop1130

Thanos creator labels Donald Trump a 'pompous fool' after Avengers tweet

By Paul Glynn

_110090510_e117a7e7-1a4c-46a6-a4a6-f930739d9c0b.jpg

The tweet from Mr Trump's campaign put his head on Thanos's body / MARVEL/TRUMP WAR ROOM

Imitation, they say, is the most sincere form of flattery, but recycling pop culture for politics can backfire.

On Tuesday, the creator of Thanos called US President Donald Trump a "pompous fool" after his team used the Marvel villain in a campaign video.

A doctored Avengers film clip showed Mr Trump's head on Thanos's body.

It then showed him declare his re-election in 2020 "inevitable", clicking his fingers to wipe out his political opponents in the process.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-50741594

let's see... someone in Hollywood has made disparaging remarks about President Trump... and this is newswothly.... The media will have 5 more years to provide such valuable information to it's smaller and smaller audience.  How dare you!  lol 

6 minutes ago, Catoholic said:

let's see... someone in Hollywood has made disparaging remarks about President Trump... and this is newswothly.... The media will have 5 more years to provide such valuable information to it's smaller and smaller audience.  How dare you!  lol 

Let us see also.....

Copyright laws. Did Trump ask permission to use the character?

He has a habit of doing things like that as do many other politicians.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/07/16/35-musicians-who-famously-told-politicians-dont-use-my-song/784121002/

When you reflect on this, and consider the significance of the character Thanos, and what he represents, it is astonishing that Trump somehow felt it was appropriate to do this. It is a real indicator of his level of unhinged insanity, his lack of concern about showing respect to others who are not his supporters, his lack of common sense, and his true feeling of megalomania. The world is a very dangerous place with Trump in power. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

When you reflect on this, and consider the significance of the character Thanos, and what he represents, it is astonishing that Trump somehow felt it was appropriate to do this. It is a real indicator of his level of unhinged insanity, his lack of concern about showing respect to others who are not his supporters, his lack of common sense, and his true feeling of megalomania. The world is a very dangerous place with Trump in power. 

Get used to 5 more years of it.

11 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Get used to 5 more years of it.

I do not think so. I think most are experiencing "clown fatigue". I think a lot of his people will defect, and more democratic youth and middle of the road voters will turn up than ever before. Frankly, I think Justin Bieber could beat Trump at this point in time.

My prediction is that Bloomberg will gain alot of momentum through his expenditure of a billion dollars or more, and will eventually beat Trump. And he will make a very good president. It is even possible that the US may regain about 30% of the influence, prestige, and standing in the world, that has been utterly destroyed by don Donald. And by having a real businessman in office, rather than a crime lord, actual deals will be negotiated by someone with talent, rather than a pretender.

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

Some will never get it. Trump does this sort of thing just to stir things up and get people talking. Looks like it worked..... again!!

More people would like and understand if he actually DID something instead of just tweeting about it.

5 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Some will never get it. Trump does this sort of thing just to stir things up and get people talking. Looks like it worked..... again!!

Well, that's one excuse :dry:

On 12/13/2019 at 3:32 PM, HuskerDo said:

I'm sure he has someone collating all the offended reactions so he can have a laugh at the end of the day, much like the U Tube VDOs of the losers crying after the last election.

The protest might have some merit if it was about a good movie instead of the pile of excrement that the Avengers was. NB that's the movie series, not the tv series Patrick McNee was in, though the movie of the Avengers that Sean Connery was in was as big a pile of excrement as the Avengers in the OP.

Archived