Beware of balloons, health department chief warns

snoop1130

Beware of balloons, health department chief warns

By THE NATION

800_8d5717775de354e.png

The chief of the Department of Health has warned people of the danger of balloons, including the risk of fatality, after a case of a balloon exploding in Kanchanaburi province on December 5.

“Explosion of balloons is reported frequently, since most of balloons contain hydrogen, which is inflammable, causing balloons to be explosive if they are near heat or spark,” the department's director-general, Dr Panpimol Wipulakorn, said. “Besides, if balloons are put together, one explosion will cause others, harming people nearby or even killing them.”

Panpimol said that in addition to hydrogen, helium is used popularly in balloons. “Those who want to decorate balloons for parties should choose balloons containing helium because they are nonflammable and cannot explode,” she added.

“If people do not know what type of gas the balloon is filled with, they should avoid being near balloons for their safety,” she said. “Moreover, if gas tanks are used at parties or events, they should be maintained in good condition, placed in an open area with good ventilation.”

In addition, before moving a tank, their valves must be closed, and the movers should use a cart, not drag them, to prevent the occurrence of friction or fire.

“Balloons used for decorations in parties should be kept away from children, and popped balloons should be properly disposed of to prevent children putting them in their mouth,” the director-general warned. “Also, children should not play with balloons near their face because a balloon's explosion could cause damage to their face and eyes,” she cautioned.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379358

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-12

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Oh, HELIUM... I thought they said Hydrogen.

I am alway careful of Baboons

but Why would anyone put helium in Baboons ? as if they were not a nuisance already why would we want them Floating around ??

Personally i am outraged

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

but Why would anyone put helium in Baboons ? as if they were not a nuisance already why would we want them Floating around ??

Personally i am outraged

You caught that quote before I deleted it hahaha

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

Personally i am outraged

...correct...if you put your lips around a baboon you would be persecuted.

Archived