Immigration arrived at my condo building. What's going on?

3 minutes ago, mike787 said:

I would make sure no matter what you have a plan B ready and instructions for your thai significant other ready if you are not alone...just in case.  This is the new Thailand, not Elysium...NO Diplomatic immunity unless very large envelopes are ready in hand.

Hah, keep a wad of 1000thb notes in my drawer? Or do the officers accept qr code bank transfers?

I've got a plan already in case things really do hit the fan for no reason.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tom in bangkok said:

Hah, keep a wad of 1000thb notes in my drawer? Or do the officers accept qr code bank transfers?

I've got a plan already in case things really do hit the fan for no reason.

If everything is in order then you won't have a problem.

• Like 2

In some previous cases they've set up a temporary desk in the lobby and asked to see passport and TM30 for the foreign residents passing by, those without one got fined.

Since it's evening though it could have been a more general sweep of the area where they were just checking with the juristic offices. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, tom in bangkok said:

In fairness this isn't something I'd seen before and couldn't find a thread that was the same. Wanted to know what was up.

Relax.

There was a thread few months back when they started big crack down re tm30.

Imm "attacked" condo complex. Think it was soi 13 Trendy building. Looking for non compliance to tm30. Farce

6 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

In some previous cases they've set up a temporary desk in the lobby and asked to see passport and TM30 for the foreign residents passing by, those without one got fined.

Since it's evening though it could have been a more general sweep of the area where they were just checking with the juristic offices. 

Which Lobby was this? You referring to the ONE report I mentioned above re Trendy soi 13? Can you quote another?

"Some previous cases"...which cases

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which Lobby was this? You referring to the ONE report I mentioned above re Trendy soi 13. Can you quote another?

I was thinking of this thread, they just mentioned it was in Asoke so yes it could well have been the Trendy, many foreigners stay there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

I was thinking of this thread, they just mentioned it was in Asoke so yes it could well have been the Trendy, many foreigners stay there. 

Bit strange don't you think that I was able to nominate that ONE random thread before you confirmed Soi 13 Trendy building. Never to be repeated. 

Back to my question. "Some posts"?

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit strange don't you think that I was able to nominate that ONE random thread before you confirmed Soi 13 Trendy building. Never to be repeated. 

Back to my question. "Some posts"?

See post #16 in the thread I attached, also happened at C Ekammai. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Quite plausible, after they turned up mob handed last week to bring in a German on a 5 day overstay. 

Is that another joke? There must have been reason to to apprehend someone on 5 day overstay. 

What does "mob handed" mean?

Surely German had another issue other than short overstay. 

Nonetheless push your agenda if it does it for you.

• Like 1