Immigration arrived at my condo building. What's going on?

I live in Hot district about every 12 months immigration are in the area just checking that you are living at the address that you have told them until you have been there for a long period then they rarely visit unless they feel like a coffee break. If a farang upsets someone that person may put a complaint in and they come and make sure all the paper work is up to scratch.   

• 2 weeks later...

In Chiang Mai, Immigration is now called into the scene whenever a foreigner dies at home, along with the local police and the service that takes the deceased to the hospital for an autopsy.  Surprised me to see Immigration on the scene when we had a death recently in our condo building of a man in his mid 80s who died of natural causes in his room. 

They quite often "work" the sois around the condo building, checking the hostels and guesthouses and visit the office of the condo checking that the TM30s are in order for the residents of the building.  The condo office files TM30s online for the residents, so it's not unusual to see Immigration officers in the building office.

Hah, keep a wad of 1000thb notes in my drawer? Or do the officers accept qr code bank transfers?

I've got a plan already in case things really do hit the fan for no reason.

Does this mean that aliens are living illegally? Why panic, if you are 100% legal? Catching illegals are bad?