Void without prejudice

I had a ed visa for 14 months then turistvisa for 60+30 and 60+30, and this time i got a red stamp vwp at the vientiane consulate (first time for me  in laos) ,didn´t get any information what was wrong, just that i have to go to another country, I have many things still in my apartment in thailand so what is possible for me to do?

Just now, BritTim said:

What is your nationality? If you are eligible for visa exempt entry or visa on arrival, you should be able to do this safely via the Friendship Bridge from Vientiane to Nong Khai.

Swedish,I was coming to laos that way (first time by landborder) but the officer said that i have to go home or to another country but do you think i could have a visa on arrival at the border anyway (what is visa exempt entry)?

16 minutes ago, lynott said:
23 minutes ago, BritTim said:

What is your nationality? If you are eligible for visa exempt entry or visa on arrival, you should be able to do this safely via the Friendship Bridge from Vientiane to Nong Khai.

Swedish,I was coming to laos that way (first time by landborder) but the officer said that i have to go home or to another country but do you think i could have a visa on arrival at the border anyway (what is visa exempt entry)?

As a Swedish national, you do not need a visa to enter Thailand as a tourist. You can enter without one. This is known as "visa exempt entry" or "visa exemption". Some airports may create problems for people trying to enter visa exempt after a long period in Thailand, but you will be OK entering via the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai. Note that you are only entitled to two visa exempt entries by land in a calendar year, so do not rely on this as a way to spend a lot of time in Thailand in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BritTim said:

As a Swedish national, you do not need a visa to enter Thailand as a tourist. You can enter without one. This is known as "visa exempt entry" or "visa exemption". Some airports may create problems for people trying to enter visa exempt after a long period in Thailand, but you will be OK entering via the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai. Note that you are only entitled to two visa exempt entries by land in a calendar year, so do not rely on this as a way to spend a lot of time in Thailand in the future.

Thank you very much for the information! I just went to the consulate to get a 60 day visa instead of 30 days arrival and i really thought it will be easier (is it any law that say´s that you only can stay 6 months in thailand with turistvisa or is it just a lottery)?

• Sad 1

A friend of mine recently got VOID WITHOUT PREJUDICE in Phnom Penh. And there is another stamp "DENIED Applicant has entered Thailand frequently and for long duration using tourist visas".

But originally they took his passport, the fee and processed the visa, and then stamped it void.

(I'm in a similar situation, long time in Thailand on TV, so I exchanged keys with said friend so we can access each other's room.)

Edited by ChristianPFC

• 4 weeks later...

It worked well for me with arrival visa (2019) and also the extension jan 2020 (thanks for the tips!) Now i´m thinking of getting an other kind of visa but i think it´s a jungle with Business visa/ starting a company and workpermit, o-visa etc.. Any recommendations? And if it´s not working out soon - can i make another landborder + extension twice in 2020 if i can´t make it happen soon enough with another type of visa (just want to know if <deleted> happens along the way?)

7 hours ago, lynott said:

I will be careful with the visa exempts, but do you think i can get a 60 days visa in another country when i got this red stamp in my passport at vientiane?

That would be very hard to predict especially with you history of stays here.

I would say no for about any of the embassies or consulates within the region.

The only place where I might say you could get one would be in your home country.

You best option may be to get a new passport to eliminate your history of visas and stays that a embassy or consulate can see in your current passport.

• 4 weeks later...

The same is with my case, one passport page was drabbled with tourist visa sticker and stamp on it 'void without prejudice' by embassy in Laos. I had 8 months ED visa before, one tourist visa and one visa exempt stamp. Embassy clerk said to me I am a tourist in Thailand too long and should come back to my country.

I came back to Thailand by visa exempt stamp now, the last one.

Maybe this report will save a passport page and someone's money on trip to Vientiane and fees for a visa

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andreythai said:

The same is with my case, one passport page was drabbled with tourist visa sticker and stamp on it 'void without prejudice' by embassy in Laos. I had 8 months ED visa before, one tourist visa and one visa exempt stamp. Embassy clerk said to me I am a tourist in Thailand too long and should come back to my country.

I came back to Thailand by visa exempt stamp now, the last one.

Maybe this report will save a passport page and someone's money on trip to Vientiane and fees for a visa

You don't state the time out of Los between your visas and visa exempt.

However (8x30)+60+30 = 11 months and that's without any extensions to those permission of stay. 

Back to back ed visa thing of the past.

(realize that's not your situation)

Setv after an ED visa now regarded poorly by consulates. Thinking you would have read all this on Thaivisa before going to Vientiane.

Whatever you do after this visa exempt do not fly out/in to try for another VE.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 6:48 PM, DrJack54 said:

You don't state the time out of Los between your visas and visa exempt.

About 4 days if it was your question..I applied on Friday and after travelled across Laos and back to pick up my passport on Monday.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:48 PM, DrJack54 said:

Setv after an ED visa now regarded poorly by consulates.

I am wondering what now their manager, I guess tourism minister, thinks about such practice. Thai economy and normal Thai people got a hard lesson to understand that herds of tourists were gem for their incomes, same as oil for petromonarchies.

Edited by Andreythai