Rewards for reporting road violations now offered in Phuket

webfact

Rewards for reporting road violations now offered in Phuket

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1576149238_1-org.jpg

Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) Chief Banyat Kantha. Photo: PLTO

PHUKET: People in Phuket who report motorists violating basic transport laws can now receive nearly 50% of the fine issued, Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) Chief Banyat Kantha has confirmed.

The confirmation follows Chief Banyat holding a meeting with his own officers yesterday (Dec 11) to explain the rewards now on offer.

The rewards are in line with the announcement by Department of Land Transport Director-General Chirute Visalachitra on Monday (Dec 9), Mr Banyat said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/rewards-for-reporting-road-violations-now-offered-in-phuket-73978.php#kr38ijErXF72oqkT.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-13

27 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

And how will they prove that Somchai is saying the truth and not just trying to rip off another foreigner in his car with falacious reporting ? ? ?

From the linked article:-

People reporting offenders are asked to provide photos and the licence plate number of the offending vehicle, Mr Banyat said.

“The informer must have complete evidence such as images or video clips. Also the informer must have clearly recorded the date, time and place of accident, a description of the vehicle, the vehicle’s registration and other information. It must be good enough so that officials can follow up quickly,” he explained.

Not foolproof but at least it's not entirely he said - she said.

So, by accurately turning in violators, a person could earn thousands every day.  Right?  So many questions.

Is not wearing a helmet an offense?  How much?

Can you set up a camera + recording system at an intersection to catch hundreds of violators?

Will the person who turns in a violator receive 24 hour police protection?  It will certainly be needed.

Would a falang need a work permit to do this?

Would it be safer to have the actual police do this, thus saving money and not creating violent reprisals?

LOL...This should be interesting!

include vehicles emitting black smoke exceeding the legal limits, carrying more than the registered number of passengers, parking across driveways or other places where parking is not permitted

Hmmmm....

“In addition, the informer must specify informer’s full name, address, phone number and the bank account number, in case case the investigating officer needs to contact them. All informer’s details will be kept secret,” he assured.

1 hour ago, Is this real said:

So, by accurately turning in violators, a person could earn thousands every day.  Right?  So many questions.

Can you set up a camera + recording system at an intersection to catch hundreds of violators?

Will the person who turns in a violator receive 24 hour police protection?  It will certainly be needed.

Would it be safer to have the actual police do this, thus saving money and not creating violent reprisals?

All of these points where my exact same thoughts...Welcome the police of state. or is it the state of the police that speaks volumes.. No in fact we neeed "the eye of the pineapple" idea to strike again.. Start spying on your neighbours!! You can even earn money on it... NOT!

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I always thought side cars were illegal

This is also what I have often heard.
The "saleng" are vehicles theoretically prohibited on open roads in Thailand, like quads which are not registered and yet we see them on the road ...
But there are hundreds of thousands ... which are registered with the plate of the motorcycle whereas it is not a motorcycle anymore but a vehicle with three wheels ...

All this is <deleted>; the cops just have to do the work for which they are paid.
But we must not forget either that the delation is the national sport of the Thai people.

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

And how will they prove that Somchai is saying the truth and not just trying to rip off another foreigner in his car with falacious reporting ? ? ?

How would a person know what country a driver is from. If my brother was driving down the main Street I wouldn't know it was him because of the blacked out windows?

Interesting idea?

The problem here is the Thais authorities have no idea themselves as to the rules or proper execution therefore if I report a violation other than someone being drunk or something obvious they will just give you a stare What?

I would be rich if they knew and believe when I report an violation even then as a foreigner the police would say " No This is Thailand " what a waste of time for a foreigner and don't expect much reporting from Thais since they have no idea what the rules are?????????‍✈️

and even smoking while driving ?

This new law about not smoking while driving with your kids in the car is ridiculous, they’re freezing out there.

But seriously there should come an app connected with your Thai bankaccount for reporting offences nationwide.

Thai or Foreigner living here make a pic with your phone , send it with the app and receive money right away.

77188024_1774152539383699_2489383226812923904_n.jpg

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: People in Phuket who report motorists violating basic transport laws can now receive nearly 50% of the fine issued, Phuket Land Transport Office (PLTO) Chief Banyat Kantha has confirmed.

Just get the police to do what they're already paid for!

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

This is also what I have often heard.
The "saleng" are vehicles theoretically prohibited on open roads in Thailand, like quads which are not registered and yet we see them on the road ...
But there are hundreds of thousands ... which are registered with the plate of the motorcycle whereas it is not a motorcycle anymore but a vehicle with three wheels ...

All this is <deleted>; the cops just have to do the work for which they are paid.
But we must not forget either that the delation is the national sport of the Thai people.

They might be illegal, but my brother-in-law has one. And he's a policeman. Says it all, really. Actually, I believe that it is only illegal for people to ride in them, but I might be wrong. Not that something being illegal has any relevance in Thailand.

I travel between Thailand and Taiwan a lot, and in Taipei (all Taiwan not sure?) there are anonymous tip/ reporting lines for all kinds of things.  You can call in AC's dripping onto sidewalks to motorbikes with illegal exhausts and so many more.   All you do is call in, report the infraction and get a code.  Police go investigate and if so, the people are fined.  You call back in 15 days and enter the code to see if they were fined and if they had, you get 50% (or about). You then just enter a bank account # for it to be deposited into and done!!  And guess what?......I haven't seen water dripping onto sidewalks or illegal exhausts for many years now!!  It works if ran correctly.......so in Thailand, you never know lol lol lol!!!!

6 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I have a car cam and possibly others do as well. Supporting a claim is great with video evidence.

6 hours ago, Is this real said:

All well said...   its a silly idea really... and yes the cops should be doing their job... yes a camera recording thousands of locals with no helmets, kids riding and so on, but hey, if they dont pay road tax or have a licence who cares?   its just another money grab for the do gooders to pay..

Archived