British PM Johnson to win a majority of 86: exit poll

webfact

27 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We’ll discuss in the months and years to

come.

Come on Chomper, give us all a rest.  We've earned it.

A little bit of discreet silence would now seem to be in order.  

If however you want to be gracious and help to make Britain Great Again, that's another matter.  

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

It was more of a threat than a promise. Those campaining against separation constantly pointed out that if Scotland broke away from the UK they would be out of the EU and would have to re-apply for membership which could take years and would possibly be unsuccessful, therefore, if they wanted to remain in the EU they needed to remain in the UK. It formed a major part of the remain fear campaign.

Oh I see. No promises then. Well it still sounds like a bad idea for Scotland, anyway.

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Always somebody elses fault, maybe Labour wasn't left wing enough, maybe the right wing media wasn't being fair to Jeremy, it wasn't Jeremys fault and maybe Jeremy should be given another chance.

Strange conclusion from that post.

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Brexit results in Scotland. Remain: 1,661,191. Leave: 1,018,322

Yes, but the whole of the UK voted and all the votes were put together and counted .

Individual areas did not vote individually .

London also voted to Remain , means nothing when its the whole Country that voted

1 hour ago, z42 said:

Depressing. As it's only 2 weeks away the analogy of Turkeys voting for Christmas is so very apt.

The character assassination attempts on Corbyn clearly worked (and have done for a long time). He is mud in the eyes of too many, his stance on having a remain option in his Brexit proposal has obviously sealed his fate.

Would be interesting to see a breakdown of results relative to age also. Most of the younger people I know voted Labour, yet they've been hammered.

Old Jezzer assasinated his own character a long time ago. He's a marxist, terrorist-loving, Brit hater and I'm just surprised that there were still people who voted for him. Probably a large proportion were from my home city of Liverpool, I regret to say. Now, like many traitors who've failed to ruin the country, I hope he fades into obscurity.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but the whole of the UK voted and all the votes were put together and counted .

London also voted to Remain , means nothing when its the whole Country that voted

Agree, but if you claim Scotland did not vote to remain, these stats show you incorrect.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

It means a lot to the people of Scotland who will now, no doubt, campaign for another independance referendum. If they get their wish, expect a very different result this time.

I'm comforted that the pound will stabilise in the 40s for one year until johnson, having failed to reach a trade agreement with the EU, will take the UK out on a no-deal basis. Then the pound will well and truly sink, and the uk will sink with it. 

But by then, most of my remaining assets would be in US dollars. 

4 minutes ago, blazes said:

Come on Chomper, give us all a rest.  We've earned it.

A little bit of discreet silence would now seem to be in order.  

If however you want to be gracious and help to make Britain Great Again, that's another matter.  

It's good that Chomper is prepared to come on here even at this time. Kudos to him.

30 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Scotland also voted to remain in the EU. At the time of the Scottish referendum, one of the promises made to the people of Scotland was that they would remain in the EU. 

My English comprehension seems to be lacking .

I read the above and thought that the people of Scotland were promised that they would remain in the EU (because that what was written). 

Seems like I misunderstood the above post and the above post doesnt actually state that Scotland were promised to stay in the EU if they voted remain .

Ah well, back to school for me......................

11 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It means a lot to the people of Scotland who will now, no doubt, campaign for another independance referendum. If they get their wish, expect a very different result this time.

Stop hijacking this thread, this thread is about todays UK elections and its not about Scottish independence 

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Agree, but if you claim Scotland did not vote to remain, these stats show you incorrect.

I did mean that Scotland didnt vote on their own, it was a UK wide vote .

The UK voted together, Scotland didnt have an individual vote, is what I meant 

32 minutes ago, pegman said:

How long should it take to count ballots? Canada is huge compared to the UK and most seats are declared within a hour of the polls closing. Scotland should get out as soon as possible. 

how many referendums do you want on one issue, they had one , they want to stay in

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Corbyn will be gone in a short time after the results are announced.

Meanwhile the UK is stuck with Johnson and his extreme rightwing backers.

Thanks to Corbyn and McDonnell who will no doubt try to put clones in place assuming they fall on their swords.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Well isn't that fantastic, broken mast and holed below the water line.

Given your broken English, I'm impressed by your naval terminology.

What country do you come from?

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I did mean that Scotland didnt vote on their own, it was a UK wide vote .

The UK voted together, Scotland didnt have an individual vote, is what I meant 

Thanks for the explanation. Next time I'll read your post not what was said but what I think you might have meant.

57 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We’ll discuss in the months and years to

come.

Which 'we' is it this time Chomper?

Haven't you just openly bragged (again!) about cheerleading & rabble rousing for Corbyns lot within a constituency?

If this landslide goes to plan can you please promise do so again in 2024?

The first of my gloat-dances will commence at 12 noon with an encore scheduled for the end of Jan ???? 

'Someone else's fault' ? ????

53 minutes ago, pegman said:

How long should it take to count ballots? Canada is huge compared to the UK and most seats are declared within a hour of the polls closing. Scotland should get out as soon as possible. 

52 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Scotland voted to remain in the UK .

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Stop hijacking this thread, this thread is about todays UK elections and its not about Scottish independence 

So who started it? Me? I don't think so.

You have mentioned the country that shall not be named, before, since and more often than I have.

But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rhetorical rant, you never have before.

This is what you get when you ignore the will of the people... 

Now maybe certain people here will stop kidding themselves and others and realise, the UK wants out of the EU, it wants control back and WILL have it.

The £ already jumped to 40bht + and business will now have a direction, thats good.

It should have been obvious with the EU elections and the Boris camp clearly paid attention while the Corbyn camp were kidding themselves... there is already talk of Sir Kier Starmer for Labour leader. If anyone thinks a Sir represents the working class they must be mad.

Ireland just got one step closer to unification, Scotland will get one step closer to leaving and England just got a step closer to its independence...

Trump will smash the 2020 and Boris will be PM for 5 years... low taxes and good business we can now move on...all good and about time but not a surprise. 

Archived