New Year: TAT expect seven percent rise in foreign visitors

webfact

New Year: TAT expect seven percent rise in foreign visitors

jomtien.jpg

Jomtien beach on Thursday 12 December. Image: Pattaya Law Enforcement Facebook page. 

Thai tourism chief Yuthasak Suphasorn painted a rosy picture for tourism during the five day New Year period. 

He told Thai business media that an increase in flights this year will mean a sharp rise in the number of visitors.

Though Thansettakij cautioned that with the value of the baht and general economic situation those visitors are not expected to spend much more than they have in the past.

From December 28th to January 1st the media reported that tourism revenue in the country as a whole is expected to be nearly 24 billion baht. 

Roughly half of this total will come from the expenditure of foreign visitors. There are thought to be 690,000 visitors coming in the New Year period from abroad - this would be a 7% rise on last year. 

Domestic tourists - 3.16 million of them -  are expected to spend 11.8 billion baht. 

Foreign tourists on average will spend 5,300 baht per day said the media. 

Yuthasak said that increased flight from China and Japan in particular will help to swell the number of visitors. 

The positive outlook comes after much doom and gloom in recent reports, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Thansettakij

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-13

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, webfact said:

He told Thai business media that an increase in flights this year will mean a sharp rise in the number of visitors.

No an increase in flights means....more flights. The assumption that the flights are full is just that an assumption. Many flights are half empty and a number of airlines are finding increased competition (which means more airlines and thus flights) resulting profits being squeezed because of this. 

I'm bored of reading messages like this. Who really cares if more and more Indians and Chinese groups flooding Thailand? Are they the promised QUALITY TOURISTS? All I see is that the streets are full with tour busses, but the small hotels, guest houses, shops, bars and restaurants are empty. ???????????? 

Well done TAT ????

6 hours ago, jonclark said:

No an increase in flights means....more flights. The assumption that the flights are full is just that an assumption. Many flights are half empty and a number of airlines are finding increased competition (which means more airlines and thus flights) resulting profits being squeezed because of this. 

And only recently they were saying they are are going to sue the airlines for not using their landing slots!! ????????????????

Not only is he incorrect, but the poor man is delusional!  I mentioned the other day, that my Niece, who works for Bangkok Airways came home to Samui for some leave and said that Bangkok Airways was cancelling flights.  I have to say that I believe her more than the TAT who have proved to have difficulty with numbers for many years!

Archived