Chinese tourism to double over next decade, says bank analysts

webfact

image1.jpg

Long term analysis by a Thai Bank's strategists predicts that Thailand's visitors from China will more than double by the year 2030. 

Krung Thai analysts think that Chinese tourism is set to increase by an average of 6.9% year on year over the next ten years. 

This will mean that Chinese visitors will touch 23 million per year by 2030. 

Statistics over the last year suggested that 11 million Chinese visited Thailand.

The Krung Thai analysts suggested that those in the tourism industry should concentrate their marketing efforts on promotion through Chinese social media. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-13

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Krung Thai analysts suggested that those in the tourism industry should concentrate their marketing efforts on promotion through Chinese social media. 

No mention of staff in tourism industries needing to learn foreign languages, e.g. Mandarin. Oh, I forgot, according to the prime minister, the world will speak Thai in the future... 

1 hour ago, Misterwhisper said:

By 2030 Thailand will be a fully integrated province of China, so those predictions might well become reality - they even could be a bit too conservative and modest.

There will be 0 foreign visitors though - unless they are the former Thais coming back for a small holiday from the northern gulags.

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

By 2030 Thailand will be a fully integrated province of China, so those predictions might well become reality - they even could be a bit too conservative and modest.

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I see Thailand becoming a satellite state of China within the next 20 years. But it is of course also possible that Thailand has been already integrated into China then.
Time for the elite in Bangkok to apply for a membership in the Chinese communist party......

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Long term analysis by a Thai Bank's strategists predicts that Thailand's visitors from China will more than double by the year 2030. 

Contingent on rudderless military running government, poor safety resulting in numerous deaths and slaps by airports employees. 

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Why would the banks be interested in Chinese tourists? Chinese spending all goes back to China, Chinese owned hotels, shops, transport etc.

The only way money earned by Chinese own companies to send to China  would be by money  laundering. Money earned in Thailand remains in Thailand.

i was raised to be kind, but under this alias i get to spew my real hatred for humans.....Thailand never changed me like I wanted, i actually became a worse person.  now i hate everyone, and jealous if they can travel with friends and have fun as i am permanently stuck in a toilet in Pattaya filled with 6000 ladyboys.  

Hope everyone had a great 12.12!!!  I was in China with all my brothers, and we are thinking of buying every house in Chiang Mai just to rent it out for parties as we buy more homes elsewhere.......being rich is great.  

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is going to need bigger beaches! Imagine Patong or Jomtine beach with twice as many people trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Standing room only will seem spacious if this visionary bank analyst is correct.

How will the officials deal with an exponential increase in logistical problems? Ah well, you already know the answer... ????

Time to start building a beautiful wall, paid by the Chinese... and also to buy some S400 to stop incoming invading planes... 

Seriously, the only things that are going to increase in the coming decade are economic and geopolitical turmoil and mayhem... and that is not good for tourism. 

If I had to make a bet on Chinese tourism for the next decade, I would say a loss somewhere between 50 and 100%...

But of course, I don't work for a bank, so what do I know... 

thailand slip lot chinese tourismmoney but true have seen many country same, chinese come thailand but destroy lot and make own out of law busines lot, and have big problem all country, cheapen and better have if chinese no can go in thailand same afrikan black criminals, only make lot problem and crime better no get in thailand newer.

4 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Should be easy as pie for them and they'd be welcomed with open arms because they all already are Chinese (Sino-Thai) anyway.

Yup, it's just executing parts of the long term Chinese plan for world domination. Enter the country as migrants, start taking over the economy, then the government and simply hand over a nation to the Fatherland.

There's an option to stop them of course, that's before the migration. That horse has bolted for Thailand.

Archived