New super tollway linking Pattaya and Rayong expected to open in August

webfact

New super tollway linking Pattaya and Rayong expected to open in August

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV reported on Facebook that the Route 7 section from Pattaya to Maptaphut is now nearly complete. 

The Highways Department said it is 98% done. 

The road is expected to open to drivers in July on a free basis. 

It will be fully operational by August when charges will be levied. 

4pm3.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Charges on the road will roughly equate to 1 baht per kilometer. 

The toll to Bangkok will be 130 baht. 

The new 32 kilometer stretch of Route 7 is being done in 13 sections at a cost of 14.2 billion baht. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-13

28 minutes ago, Jessi said:

A new racetrack  MORE carnage sadly.

An extremely naive comment.

This new modern road will take a lot of traffic off Sukhumvit, which is very busy road with a history of accident issues.

But like you say, you are from up north so obviously clueless as to the truth this new road will have on reducing traffic, accidents and saving lives.

34 minutes ago, Jessi said:

A new racetrack  MORE carnage sadly.

It should reduce it, not increase it.  It is an excellent route that will make a major difference to road volumes on other congested roads.  Good on the Thai planning people. 

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

It should reduce it, not increase it.  It is an excellent route that will make a major difference to road volumes on other congested roads.  Good on the Thai planning people. 

We shall see in the next couple of years.

I don't liik to be negative... But I'd like to point out something I have witnessed for myself....

And that is 'Graft' as we are all accustomed to in Thailand... 

I witnessed the Motorway number 7 first opening from BKK to Pattaya... OMG (OH MY BUDDHA).... The surface of the roads looked great on 'OPENING DAY'.... Within 2 month there were sections blocked off because the were 're-doing' major parts of the left lanes where the trucks travel.... GRAFT.... 

Thailand is famous for it over the years... Contractors pay money to the 'inspectors' to pass the job... Just because the surfaces look good... But instead of paying for millions of 'Yards of Concrete'... The contractor (Nephew of the Prime Minister) pockets all the money saved in materials purchased...

Many of you may not have given thought to these things in the past.... I nave noticed a trend of 're-doing' many, many, roads in Thailand shortly after 'opening'..... Think about it....

LET'S SEE what this new section does as it opens (with so many trucks using it to Maptiput)

I really like this new road from Pattaya to Ban Chang and I have already (probably illegally) driven on parts of it from Hua Yai to Ban Chabg...

The whole purpose of my post is just Wondering How Long it will before MAJOR REPAIRS will be needed.... AS FAR AS I KNOW... GRAFT hasn't changed in Thailand... I can't wait... I will use that road often as there are some (Many) bars in Ban Chang and they are my favourite Passtime... And 'Mind You' ..... I never drink booze if I am driving back to Pattaya (I'm often the 'dedicated driver' for friends who do drink... BOOZE is not my attraction to the bars in Ban Chang..... (But some lovely ladies 'might' be)

Anyway... I can't wait for that road to open...

21 hours ago, DrTuner said:

This will be interesting. I'm hoping people will bypass Patts completely and Sukhumvit will open up a bit. 

Would be good if this negates the need to go ahead with the previously proposed additional underpasses on Sukhumvit. The Pattaya Klang construction period was a  bit of a nightmare but has ended up being of great assistance to the traffic flow in that part of town. 

Hopefully the mooted underpasses at Thepprasit and Tai (and Nua?) will be seen as no longer needed due to likely reduced traffic flow. But the lure of the brown envelopes may trump any such logic..........hopefully not. 

4 hours ago, ubon farang said:

Any new modern Road is welcome Beats driving on narrow roads with poor marking which I am am afraid Ubonratchathani has many of

So does the UK.  Thai roads, in general,  are immeasurably better than UK roads. At least you can normally get places without hours of traffic delays. 

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

So does the UK.  Thai roads, in general,  are immeasurably better than UK roads. At least you can normally get places without hours of traffic delays. 

I would tend to think on UK roads you have a better chance of reaching your destination alive.

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Must depend where you are from.... I can get about reasonably well in my home UK town, certainly better than Pattaya.

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Must depend where you are from.... I can get about reasonably well in my home UK town, certainly better than Pattaya.

that has got to be in the north of UK?  South UK is a nightmare. Pattaya also a traffic nightmare. which is one of the many reasons why I stay away from the place as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

that has got to be in the north of UK?  South UK is a nightmare. Pattaya also a traffic nightmare. which is one of the many reasons why I stay away from the place as much as possible. 

Correct, although the Manchester Ring road, M60 can be pretty miserable. Pattaya is truly awful of late, every main road is being dug up. The side alleys, well tour coaches try to squeeze down them, can't get around fast on a bike sometimes.

5 hours ago, jimn said:

A very silly comment by someone who probably has no knowledge of the area at all and even less of the road structure here. 

I have been driving in Ban Chang for 8 years and driving in Thailand since 1991.... 

Every day I have to put up with the idiots on the roads here. Ever night I count at least 8 bikes with no tail lights and about 3 without head lights and that is in a 12 k drive every night. Please get your facts straight before you comment.

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya is truly awful of late, every main road is being dug up. The side alleys, well tour coaches try to squeeze down them, can't get around fast on a bike sometimes.

Not to mention the frequent sneaky Police check points under the flyover and other strategic locations.

2 hours ago, Jessi said:

I have been driving in Ban Chang for 8 years and driving in Thailand since 1991.... 

Every day I have to put up with the idiots on the roads here. Ever night I count at least 8 bikes with no tail lights and about 3 without head lights and that is in a 12 k drive every night. Please get your facts straight before you comment.

Yes I understand fair comment. However we are not comparing the same thing. The new road is basically an extension of the number 7 motorway. I dont see any bikes on there. The new road will be far safer than the Sukumvidt road between the current number 7 road intersection and the interection near Ban Ampur. Your original comment jumped right in and assumed wrongly that it would be less safe than the existing road. Thats why I felt your comment was naive and a bit silly.

3 hours ago, Jessi said:

In BC at the moment and daily the main noise is the wailing of of the meat wagons.

When here,  as much as possible 4.30pm to 6.30pm I don't want to drive for the reasons you state.

Archived