Help with renewing bike registration and insurance

davidupatterson

Hey all, 

I bought a new Honda Wave at this time last year and I believe the registration and insurance needs updated. Can anyone point me in the right direction to do this? I bought the bike from a dealer in Hang Dong but assume I need to take care of this elsewhere. 

1. Where do I go to renew the registration and insurance? Are they renewed together at the same place? 
  2. Any special paperwork that I need to take with me, other than my current registration and insurance papers?

Thanks so much for your help! 

Take green book to DLT in Hang Dong

Small office where you buy compulsory insurance - follow others with green book in hand.

Go get a number from the clerk. Sit. Wait until your number called and go to that counter - large board displaying current number being served.

Give copy of insurance you just bought to DLT staff. with Green book and 100 baht.

Bang Bang - book back with new tax stamp.

Fasten stamp tax to bike where it is visible

Ride off

4 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Take green book to DLT in Hang Dong

Small office where you buy compulsory insurance - follow others with green book in hand.

Go get a number from the clerk. Sit. Wait until your number called and go to that counter - large board displaying current number being served.

Give copy of insurance you just bought to DLT staff. with Green book and 100 baht.

Bang Bang - book back with new tax stamp.

Fasten stamp tax to bike where it is visible

Ride off

Thanks. Will this update my registration as well? 

The alternative is to go one of the many inspection/broker shops around town who are a one-stop shops for renewal. You can buy 1st class insurance there as well which is recommended rather than the basic cover that has been suggested.

Look for the blue and yellow logo.

Inspection logo.jpg

3 hours ago, davidupatterson said:

Thanks. Will this update my registration as well? 

Yes. That will not change until the bike is sold.

The green book will have a new line printed in it, saying that tax and compulsory insurance paid from ??? 2562 until ??? 2563 as an example.

This new line added each year until book is full, and then a new book issued

Archived