BANGKOK
webfact

Washington state seeks to ban sale of 'assault weapons,' high capacity magazines

Always wondered why they are always described as 'assault' weapons.

Why are they not called 'defence' weapons? This is the main reason/excuse that they are sold to the public in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gun control laws as are any other laws on the books WILL NEVER PREVENT MASS SHOOTINGS, GUN VIOLENCE OR ANY OTHER CRIME FROM HAPPENING they are only instruments to hold a person accountable AFTER they have BROKEN THE LAW.  There is a reason police dont arrest and prosecute guns they arrest and prosecute people.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kleepanna said:

How I own several and I dont condone mass shootings

If you have many then you like them and are ok with that they are beeing sold easy over the counter.

That is a way to condone mass shootings.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Benmart said:

Become an American citizen if you are not already and vote to change things. Otherwise, your comments are meaningless. Your last sentence is juvenile and pointless.

+1

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Exactly my point! The number of people killed in mass shootings in the United States doesn't even come close to the number of people killed in Europe, Africa, and Asia because they didn't have access to firearms to protect themselves. Thanks for proving my point for me! Oh, one other thing, the deadliest mass shootings in American history weren’t even mentioned in the data you referenced because the two deadliest mass shootings in American history were carried out by the United States government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

because the two deadliest mass shootings in American history were carried out by the United States government.

That´s probably why they not classify as mass shootings.

When I grew up, with guns, mass shootings were virtually unheard of and guns easily available. When I was 10 I could buy ammunition at the grocery store. It was on the same shelf as candles, matches, and other related hardware goods. Something else, not guns, has gone horribly wrong, or maybe a few things. If one is serious, that's a good place to start looking. Might wind up fixing  other things along the way.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tug said:

Good!

Really?

Can you please explain what exactly an assault rifle is?

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

That´s probably why they not classify as mass shootings.

You're right! They're classified as massacres.

• Like 2