Explainer: Reality check for Johnson's Brexit: it's just the beginning

webfact

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Oh settle petal

The vast majority voted leave on some mis-guided belief that Britain still ruled the waves. 2nd world war Spirit of the Blitz. Vote leave, that will keep all those foreign johnnies out and Britain will suddenly become white and lead the world again. We'll show those 'continentals' who we are.

Same as the idiots who want an independent Scotland after watching 'Braveheart'

Those are my opinions and if you don't like them, I have others.

Opinions are like noses...everybody has one.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Where do you think integrity, decency and sincerity fits in with all the other parties, or is it solely because the Tories won such a large majority?

The UK was divided before Boris got into power.

Having JC and Labour plus Jo Swinson with the Lib/Dems as the opposition did a lot in favour of the Tories.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/election-2019-50800063/labour-s-john-mcdonnell-i-own-this-disaster

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/election-2019-50794645/former-labour-mp-phil-wilson-jeremy-corbyn-lost-me-my-seat

I didn't say it's Boris fault only. Since starting the Brexit negotiations (Cameron's referendum) the downturn in honesty and truth began. At the end you got a liar, nationalist and populist who is on his ego-trip. 

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Nobody knows the real Boris yet, he took over as leader of the Tories with barely a majority and he has single handedly saved the party from total extinction, the boy done good. Now he needs to be given a chance and not constantly lambasted by all who don't like him, obviously most of the country do like him but "maybe they didn't know what they were voting for or were just too stupid to know better, or even didn't understand the question on the ballot paper", maybe they couldn't read, afteral they were Northerners.

It was the Northerners who won it for Boris, once they finally saw through Corbyn's loony left dream world manifesto and lies.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

quote "Yes I'm a remainer but the vote to leave was done and 99% didn't know what they were voting for."

Same old, same old story.

The remainers lost the election but it was the fault of the voters who didn't know what they were voting for.

Of course they did, unless you are saying that everyone who voted Tory are all stupid in not voting to remain.

Look at Jo Swinson, leader of the Lib/Dems who was determined to scrap Brexit when she got into power, and she believed that she could even be PM. Do you think she was smart?

Well, you got a deeply divided country. And when Scotland and NI turn their back to UK (as the votes predict) there is a real chance of reunification of Ireland. 

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I suppose you're an alien visiting Britain? 

Honestly I don't take your question serious. 

The word you need is 'seriously'.  

But no, I am not an alien visiting Britain, but I've been away 15 years,.  It just means you haven't answered my questions, apparently because you can't.

44 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I didn't say it's Boris fault only. Since starting the Brexit negotiations (Cameron's referendum) the downturn in honesty and truth began. At the end you got a liar, nationalist and populist who is on his ego-trip. 

You could shorten your last sentence to 'a standard politician'.

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Hows your bloke getting on, Seamus?

image.jpeg.33891c4fbbe37cb07a7f65d93aa08c88.jpeg

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Neither side knew what they were voting for on Brecit. So many things neither side thought about. Both sides will have to live with it when it happens as it will affect everyone. There will be winners and losers on both sides.

Very true that there will be winners and losers on both sides.

However for the second time the Remainers have lost and once again the same old stories keep coming up such as neither side knew what they were voting for on Brexit.

After the first time when the leavers were told that we didn't know what we were voting for it got boring, and now the second time Remainers came up with the same story. It didn't work thew first time and it has no chance a second time. I have read similar stories on other forums and on the news websites and they are putting the blame on voters not understanding, the Labour Party was at fault, the Lib/Dems should have done better, it was that evil Nigel Farage, in fact they are blaming everybody except themselves.

I have read on this forum that it won't matter as all the old codgers who voted leave are dying off. Wrong once again.

4 hours ago, overherebc said:

Question for all the leavers/remainers.

Let's say things get really bad in UK after the 'event'

I'm not saying they will, I'm not saying they won't.

Will all the leavers/remainers ask for another referendum on it?

The Remainers will be screaming as loud as they can for another referendum despite losing in the referendum and once again at the election, but it is unlikely to happen as they have been shown what their constituents want, and that is why MPs should be far more careful that the last lot.

On 12/15/2019 at 4:02 PM, Jack100 said:

Oh dear , it is all so complicated , I hope the price of beer doesn't go up !

Reality check , no changes .

Large Leo , still 65 bht @ my local mama and papa shop.

Pretty girl bars , small leo 70 bht ..

PS, more good news , ex MP,s  on zero hour contracts,

Vacancies @ Amazon ..

For those, like many of my friends in the UK, who might usually vote Labour but simply couldnt put their lives in Corbyn's hands so chose the devil they knew instead, you might find this rather sharp wrap on Corbyn entertaining...and pretty accurate. I have no idea who the OP "RussInCheshire" is on Twitter. I just stumbled upon it and got ThreadReader to stitch his rant together into one read:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1205249028637806592.html

1 hour ago, elliss said:

Reality check , no changes .

Large Leo , still 65 bht @ my local mama and papa shop.

Pretty girl bars , small leo 70 bht ..

PS, more good news , ex MP,s  on zero hour contracts,

Vacancies @ Amazon ..

65 baht for a large Leo?  You're being diddled.

58 baht in my local mom and pop shop.  56 in 7/11

1 hour ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

For those, like many of my friends in the UK, who might usually vote Labour but simply couldnt put their lives in Corbyn's hands so chose the devil they knew instead, you might find this rather sharp wrap on Corbyn entertaining...and pretty accurate. I have no idea who the OP "RussInCheshire" is on Twitter. I just stumbled upon it and got ThreadReader to stitch his rant together into one read:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1205249028637806592.html

I read that.  It's brilliant!

On 12/16/2019 at 8:43 AM, sawadee1947 said:At the end you got a liar, nationalist and populist who is on his ego-trip. 

So long as he’s nationalist and populist, all’s good and he’s a winner. 
Nationalist - got the policies. 
Populist - got the votes. 

Just because you put ‘ ist ‘ on the end of words does not make them bad. I rather like them. 

7 hours ago, Loiner said:

So long as he’s nationalist and populist, all’s good and he’s a winner. 
Nationalist - got the policies. 
Populist - got the votes. 

Just because you put ‘ ist ‘ on the end of words does not make them bad. I rather like them. 

Sure, there are more "ist" possible. What about narcissist???

Archived