Search for missing kayak couple turns to dive teams

webfact

Search for missing kayak couple turns to dive teams

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1576206357_1-org.jpg

The dive team started searching off Koh Mun, located offshore from Yanui Beach, yesterday (Dec 12). Photo: Tourist Police

PHUKET: The official efforts to locate missing kayak couple Polish tourist Mateusz Juszkiewicz, 26, and Thai national Werakan Siriprakon, 23, yesterday for the first time deployed divers as part of the search for the pair.

A team of divers was deployed at Koh Mun, located off Yanui Beach, yesterday afternoon (Dec 12).

Tourist Police Region 3 Commander Maj Gen Krissak Songmoonnak explained that the extensive search efforts focusing on the open sea had so far found no trace of the couple.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/search-for-missing-kayak-couple-turns-to-dive-teams-73982.php#mTqrKKxyqGmzy2Mu.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-13

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I agree, but authorities must be SEEN to be doing something to find this couple. 

Unfortunately that was also what I was thinking. And I don't see any alternative things for them to do as well. Sadly enough.

19 hours ago, stevenl said:
19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Bodies also get washed back to shore.

I'm not an expert on the exact currents there, but would expect them to go away from the area.

I'm not an expert on the exact currents there either, but I would expect them to be washed ashore at some stage.

On 12/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, stevenl said:

Diving that close to where they left from seems very strange to me. It seems much more likely they were swept out to sea.

So they should just start diving randomly out in the open ocean.  You know that's quite a big place?

21 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So they should just start diving randomly out in the open ocean.  You know that's quite a big place?

Assuming they're coordinating their efforts the search will utilize dive boats/tour boats/fishing vessels & appropriate Govt agencies with local knowledge (tides etc).

Let's hope this ends well.

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I'm not an expert on the exact currents there either, but I would expect them to be washed ashore at some stage.

India maybe, Phuket shore is unlikely.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Which is far from what I said or implied.

Archived