BANGKOK
tomster

Visa agents unable to get extensions in Chonburi Immigration since the 9th of December?

Not sure if this should be in the visa forum but will put it here, mods please move it if needed.

About a week ago I made an inquiry about a visa extension to an agent that was actively advertising on Facebook. They said yes no problem, but you need to do it by 9th of this month. I thought was just weird so took it no further with them.

But I just sent a FB message to one of the most well know agents and they replied that Jomtien Immigration are not doing any extensions other than the 30 days for visa exempt entries. And this agency is probably the busiest in Pattaya, or at least in the top 3 for sure.

So something is up, anybody else getting told they can't do their extensions by the agents at the moment?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

If only you had posted before the 9th..............got mine coming up

Just had the conversation a few minutes ago, sorry!

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That was expected. The reason is of course that they must respect the need of showing the required means for getting the extension. Starting to be like it should be now.

I seriously doubt that immigration in Pattaya will stop doing the funds bypass route anytime soon, but you never know.

The agent also said this happened last year at the same time, so this is not something new from that statement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From an agents facebook page............lets say a soi bourkhao agent

Dear all customers, please note. For anyone who has a retirement visa exprie from now until January 2020
Please contact us as follows.

42 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

That was expected. The reason is of course that they must respect the need of showing the required means for getting the extension. Starting to be like it should be now.

Or the insurance companies won the brown envelope bidding …??

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, tomster said:

The agent also said this happened last year at the same time, so this is not something new from that statement.

Anyone else recall if they had to wait this time last year?

If I recall, that was a short time after the withdrawal of income letters by 4 embassies and maybe that temporary suspension of services was related to Jomtien IO waiting for the boss to come up with a plan to milk it clarification?

• Haha 2