Scotland must be given new independence vote - Sturgeon

webfact

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

And we will have another too - hopefully this time not polluted with the lies of the Westminster led 'remain' side.

Another "once in a generation" referendum; and another; and another; and another until they get the result they like!

Only it isn't Sturgeon's decision. It's for the British government and parliament to decide. Representing the wishes of all the people in the UK which ever region they live in.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Times change, people wake up to the incredibly bad deal we get from the UK. Don't you like the expression of democratic will?

Love democracy. Like generations before, and hopefully after, I'd be willing to fight to preserve it.

Democracy isn't less than 10% of the electorate demanding to get it's own way or threatening to try and break up the whole.

Nationalists have warped ideas about what democracy is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Because she has the backing of half the country.

She has the backing of a large, could be nearly half or maybe even just above, the electorate in Scotland. That would about 4% of the UK electorate.

Why on earth should 96% of the electorate be dictated to by her?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Nasty side effect because Boris wins U.K. loose Scotland …..karma ?

Anyway we the E.U. thanks Boris …,as now at least May's Boris "witdraw agreement" can finally pass the commons ….waw !

All starts good ,chess pieces ready to set 

Once in a generation? Get with the corrupted message - you are meant to call it 'once in a lifetime'. That is the line that is most frequently trumpeted. However if you check the Edinburgh agreement you will find no such statement. It is a throwaway line used by desperate people in another country who are terrified of losing the cash cow they have successfully bled dry for decades.

Still deluded about which country you are from and what nationality you have.

Read your passport, give yourself a treat.

• Confused 1

Because as with EVEL, we appreciate your concerns but they are wholly irrelevant. Scotland is a sovereign nation and the worries of those in the country next door are inconsequential.

Scotland isn't a sovereign nation. Nor are England, Wales or Northern Ireland.

You can pretend however much you want, but that's the fact. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

If Scotland would like independence, fair enough, but what worries me is the SNP has not published (to my mind) any policies on how they will fund the economy..........where is the money going to come from?  When Salmon started this process he was asked what currency Scotland would use if they got independence (because there will be a transitional period before possibly joining the EU) .  "Oh we will use Sterling".  The then Prime Minister gave him short shrift and told him to think again!  So even on the most basic issues, these so called leaders do not have a plan, so what hope in hell do they have in leading Scotland in to the EU?

Miss mouthy thinks she can demand her cake, eat it, have it and complain it wasn't to her satisfaction.

She thinks she'll negotiate a wonderful deal and screw the UK. 

Sooner or later reality will kick in.

Most Scots are sensible enough to see through her and her manipulation of the English haters.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Correct. 

"Boris Johnson may have a mandate to take England out of the European Union. He emphatically does not have a mandate to take Scotland out of the European Union. Scotland must have a choice over our own future."

Last time I checked Scotland were not members of the European Union, But don't forget they are members of the UK which IS A member of the European Union and will be leaving

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Scotland already had a referendum - the result was to remain part of the UK.

Somebody else was recently asking for another referendum on Brexit....see how that turned out!

Support the Union, out of the EU....and the UK will be stronger together!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

And just how are Scotland going to fund their independence, defend their sovereign nation, fund their education, their police, pay off their slice of the National debt, build and maintain roads and infrastructure?

I'd give it months before bankruptcy.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You are totally correct in your statement, but then again, so is she. Scotland has emphatically and repeatedly made clear that our aspirations lie on a different trajectory to the wishes of our southern neighbours, both with regards membership of the EU and how we want to be governed. I have no desire whatsoever to stand in the way of Brexit or the Nasty Party in power for another 5 years if that is what you want, but I don't agree that my country should be forced to repeatedly live with the choices made by English voters, especially when they are consistently abhorrent to me and my countrymen. 

Don't disagree with you but as usual this coin, as other coins, has another side also.

For many it seems natural that Scotland is given a new opportunity re independence.

However, I would not surprised if UK is not prepared for such right now.

With the election result of yesterday's paper dropping a long and difficult process with the EU is ahead,

the position / role of NI may be set in motion.

Stability is normally fancied by politicians, kicking Scotland too in motion at this time will not improve

re stability.

Many will say

I would not be surprised if UK concludes to postpone the Scotland bit, if it formally surfaces,

until after Brexit is sorted, which may easily take 2-3 years.