BANGKOK
webfact

Scotland must be given new independence vote - Sturgeon

57 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Now much do you know about empirical research? 

You mean "how"...?

If yes, they don't ask ever individual their wishes, guess work. 😋

56 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

They did.  Although not Scots, I was there and voted to stay in the UK.  But that was before the Brexit shambles, which has fundamentally changed the outlook hugely.  A considerable portion of those who voted to remain would, had they known the choice, have voted to remain in the EU rather than the UK.  I think I may well have been among them.

I was (and am) greatly of the opinion that we are in a much better position working together with frinds and neighbours rather than fighting against them.

If the thoughts of a number of pro-Brexit posters here are in any way representative of England as a whole, I would vote to break up the UK and leave England to sail off on its own.  I would not be onboard.

PH

What has brexit got to do with the 'once in a generation' Scottish independance vote that happened a few years ago? We all know it is just an excuse for the supporters of independance to carry on crying about the result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

In 2014 the Scots voted to remain in the UK.

Fixed that for you. I voted to stay in the EU too, but we lost the referendum. That's democracy for you brother.

3 hours ago, NiceGuyEddy said:

Didn't the Scots have their 'once in a generation' independance vote a few years ago? Surely the losers in that vote aren't still crying about it?

Show me anything where the Scottish government and the UK government agreed it was a once in a generation.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, transam said:

How many million folk did they ask...?  

You are getting ahead of yourself there, transam - the millions will be asked in the New Year. For now, a thousand or so is enough to show which way the wind is blowing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I had a once in a lifetime holiday to Florida a few years ago - does that mean I can never return?

That's a poor analogy. Anyway, I'm done here, I have work to do. I'll check back in a few years. Nothing will have changed, Scotland will still be part of the mighty United Kingdom and you will still be crying about it.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Democracy is not a single moment in time. More Scots than not want their government to be based in their country. It is really as simple as that. 

probably a wee bit like pommies wanting to rule UK from Westminster rather than Bruxelles

3 hours ago, NiceGuyEddy said:
4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

In 2014 the Scots voted to remain in the UK.

Fixed that for you. I voted to stay in the EU too, but we lost the referendum. That's democracy for you brother.

Fixed by editing my post to change it's meaning.

A reminder of what I actually said:-

In 2014 the Scots voted to remain in a UK which was a member of the EU.

In 2016 the Scots voted to remain in the EU.

That is what Brexit has to do with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NiceGuyEddy said:

That's a poor analogy. Anyway, I'm done here, I have work to do. I'll check back in a few years. Nothing will have changed, Scotland will still be part of the mighty United Kingdom and you will still be crying about it.

Grow up, man. What is poor is your inability to articulate a reasonable response so you throw a hissy fit.

The United Kingdom was never united, and it stopped being mighty long before any of us were born; now it is little more than an international bad joke.

• Like 2