Do you remember your dreams, and if so, are they weird?

thaibeachlovers

I actually remembered the dream I had when I woke up this morning. Completely weird stuff.

I don't remember most of my dreams as gone before I remember to think of them.

Of the dreams I do remember, there are two recurring themes, based on my life.

In one, I'm working as a nurse on a ward. I work my butt off all day long, but when it comes time to go home, I have not done anything.

In the other theme, I'm in the military, but I can never get all my kit, no matter how much I try.

Be strange enough if it was just once, but to happen over and over makes me wonder what my dreams are trying to tell me.

funny this topic came up as I was just trying to wonder about my state of mind concerning 1 or 2 dreams I have. 

the other night..... I'm at a hiso party, evidently at the White House, as Donald is  hosting in a tux. I've got his wife who is crying on my shoulder. It turns out, Donald's married to Princess Diana. She comes on to me and i try to fight her off as I dont want CIA to kill me. She strips off and has these little t#ts covered in spots. She pulls a blanket over us and I realise that everyone is watching us. Next Donald is meeting me in Central Bang Na in order for us to go see my parents to work out what can be done about the fact his wife and i nearly did it at a major White House function. Then were sat with my Dad, having a beer and he tells me that it's really ok and we're actually good buddies. 

I wake up and go to work. It was very vivid.

15 years ago, I dreamt my deceased Nan came to see me and told me, very straight, to stop smoking pot. it stands out more than any other dream as I cried when I woke up. (I loved my old cockney Nan) I didnt stop straight away. Now I havent smoked for about 8 months. but I did take a tramadol the other night.

Any budding dream analysts care to enlighten me about what's on my mind. ????

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes many !!!  This is just one, I fell out of bed one time here in Thailand, dreaming of defending myself and remember not being able to hit the person in the dream, I ended up falling out of bed and fractured my wrist on the hard wooden floor. 

Most of the time I don't remember much and what I remember when I just wake up I don't remember anymore 5 minutes later.

Mostly it is totally weird staff with no visible connection to my life now or anytime until now. And things and location change from one "frame" to the next. But in my dreams I don't think that is weird.

On the other hand my brain seems to work at night. Sometime when I work on a problem on one day I wake up the next day and have a good idea how to solve this.

I dream, well don't we all, but I tend to remember mine when I wake up.

They are all over the place in terms of content. 

They often feature people of people I have known over the years, but not necessarily in the location where I knew them.

I don't often have disturbing dreams, but they can often be really weird.

Last night for example. I work at at airport, for some reason my wife was there and I went to the bathroom. That it appears was in a hospital. I then tried to find my way back to the airport, where on the way I encountered two co-workers who knew the way back. But when one of them started puking up, I went off by myself, getting totally lost. i remember being very concerned that I had left my phone at the airport, couldn't tell my wife where I was.  I do have the ability to wake myself up when dreams get out of hand, which last nights did.

Just one of many of a lifetime of bizarre nighttime adventures

21 hours ago, faraday said:

Yes, I remember many of my dreams. Often dream of my parents, which is nice coz, they snuffed it a few years ago.

A few dreams seem very real; as if I'm truly experiencing another life.

Thankfully my parents don't often figure in my dreams, since it generally makes me sad.

I remember once my wife waking me up since I was crying in my sleep, dreaming about my long dead Mom.

It's funny how these things all work out differently in our sleeping subconscious

12 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes many !!!  This is just one, I fell out of bed one time here in Thailand, dreaming of defending myself and remember not being able to hit the person in the dream, I ended up falling out of bed and fractured my wrist on the hard wooden floor. 

????????????????????I had a dream last week was playing football and the goalkeeper messed up and I gave the ball a huge kick to clear it of the goal line ....actually kicked the solid concrete wall at the side of my bed....woke up in proper pain thought I had broken my toe...........funny thing is I don’t like football????????

11 hours ago, taninthai said:

????????????????????I had a dream last week was playing football and the goalkeeper messed up and I gave the ball a huge kick to clear it of the goal line ....actually kicked the solid concrete wall at the side of my bed....woke up in proper pain thought I had broken my toe...........funny thing is I don’t like football????????

That's really a crazy dream in what I'm told are ghost dreams, what bother me is my wife beside me in bed and me having one of these dreams I get them from time to time, I scare I I w8uld hurt her.

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

Seven Pillars of Wisdom, T E Lawrence.

Sometimes my dreams are pretty violent, but I can never remember the details when I wake up. Apparently, schizophrenics cannot remember their dreams. I hope this doesn't make me one!

Dreams only occur during r.e.m. (rapid eye movement) sleep, the fifth stage of sleep which we go through, and which an outside observer will notice as the dreamer's eye lids will flutter during this time.

My belief is that our dreams are definitely trying to tell us something, but the meaning is hidden or opaque, and we need to try to strip out the superficial stuff in order to get to the "truth", something like a parable or an allegory.

If the same dream keeps recurring, to me that smacks of paranoia.

For most of my adult life I haven't even been aware of dreaming far less remember them in the morning. Strangely for the past year, which has maybe been the happiest and most contented year of my life I'm aware nearly every night of dreaming. Although I don't remember them in the morning I'm left with a feeling of weirdness, dread almost. Doesn't bother me and as I don't believe your dreams mean anything I just ignore it and carry on with my day. Bit strange though!

Apparently, according to one theory, dreaming is the subconscious sorting out memories. Among others, one recent dream was that my son, as a young boy, set off a nuclear bomb and my daughter, as a young girl, and I watched from a distance.

Remember many, and some are very weird, others just weird...???? 

I've remembered my dreams since childhood. Some has been repeated in periods, and often showed to be something about future that became truth. However, at time of dreaming it was difficult to know and made the dreams kind of weird, but now I'm familiar with that repeating dreams might have some kind of message(?)...????

Am I really clairvoyant and can predict future, or is it just myself – based on visions or images in my brain – that search for that particular events or things, I cannot say. Sure some shrinks could tell me a lot...????

Salvador Dali, and probably others, are said to have painted their dreams. Some story-writers might also had their inspiration from dreams.

I have often dreams, where the theme is repeating in periods, but the storyboard slightly different in each dreams, but same "franchise". Seem to be the brain's storage work – some describe it like de-fragmenting a hard drive – where things from my past need to be cleaned up. I could be returning to places that I already left for good, like an old home/house/property, which was sold.

For a period I was dreaming that my deceased parents were still alive and returning to their old home, and I was there also, trying to tell them – especially my mom – that it was not theirs anymore, as it had been sold. It was like a mistake – my mistake – my parents were not dead, and of course wished to be in "their home". In time that dream faded, probably the brain storage got cleared – or did I have spirituel contact with a ghost, and my mom was for some time haunting her former home...????

Today scientists – or cleaver people with knowledge about brain work and mind control – often compare with the brain with IT-storage technology, as that is what we might best understand. However, my "Silva Mind Control Method" instructor illustrated it with a little fellow – create your own image, mine is a little funny, and also irritated, male figure with a red hut – that keeps all the files in order in racks of storage draws; something like how an old-fashioned library stored search data about the books. He might have the same "memory" on a number of cards, but with different keywords for searching, and therefore filed in a number of draws. He is often overloaded – that's why he is irritated – with new memory cards dropping down all the time, need to be stored correctly. He's a perfectionist, but all the time disturbed by some requests from me, about an already stored memory, which he need to find the card for, and I might change the keyword, or not recall the right keyword, so he is jumping around from rack to rack to open draws stuffed with cards. The ongoing memory dump cars are therefore just thrown in a temporary draw for later proper storage in perfect order, which he'll be doing when I sleep, and that's why something from the day before often becomes part of one's dreams. Furthermore he might change the order of some older memory cards for better search – might even change keywords, delete some, and add new – which is mixed with the cards from the days before. Could well be the reason for our weird dreams, where something is repeated, but the storyboard changed a little, and also reflect some up-to-date events.

It's said that our memory store everything as images, so the small cards actually all include an image, or a number of images, of a "gif", or even a small video.

The Disney-movie "Inside Out" has in my opinion a perfect explanation of how brain and memory might work – they use balls instead of library-cards – here the character peeks inside her "long term memory library"...

Analyzing dreams is an ancient science, and if your recall your bible-history you'll find several examples. So perhaps my dream-visions of future events – I realized that I several times have been dreaming about my next place of residence and house, including my present Thai-house years before I decided to make the move, so a decade before I found the land and designed the building –so perhaps my dream visions not that way out...????

I look forward to an amazing future based on my present weird dreams...????

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Not sure you can 'try' lucid dreaming. It simply happens to some unfortunate people.

Why unfortunate ? I remember a few times, as a child, getting awake while dreaming, and being able to get back into the dream.

Wonderful if you ask me.

More recently, i tried some technique to get aware while dreaming, it worked, but i could not be bothered to insist with it.

Perhaps one day i'll try it again.

Archived