Do you remember your dreams, and if so, are they weird?

thaibeachlovers

we don't dream.

EVERYTHING you remember is recalled the instant you wake up.  You think it was during your sleep, but it was all literally one second before you opened your eyes.  yes, you think it was long but you can think about a lot of stuff in a very short amount of time and simply think it some some multi-hour experience.  a dream has and will never be proven in the way it's described here.  

29 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

we don't dream.

EVERYTHING you remember is recalled the instant you wake up.  You think it was during your sleep, but it was all literally one second before you opened your eyes.  yes, you think it was long but you can think about a lot of stuff in a very short amount of time and simply think it some some multi-hour experience.  a dream has and will never be proven in the way it's described here.  

rubbish.  Have you not heard of REM sleep, its importance to health and its role in dreaming? Typically, you will experience many periods of REM sleep in the night, so many periods of dreaming. Of course you may not remember them all, but that doesn't  mean they are not happening.

https://valleysleepcenter.com/3-things-you-should-know-about-rem-sleep/

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

we don't dream.

Oh really Ventenio, just do some research on sleeping & dreams. Your post is -  how do I put it mildly, rubbish.

Fan dee na....!

????

On 12/14/2019 at 9:38 AM, GinBoy2 said:

Thankfully my parents don't often figure in my dreams, since it generally makes me sad.

I remember once my wife waking me up since I was crying in my sleep, dreaming about my long dead Mom.

It's funny how these things all work out differently in our sleeping subconscious

Was once in France with an old girlfriend sleeping in the back of  my astravan with her and punched the ceiling of the van denting it and almost breaking my hand........ was in agony for days.............whats does that mean? dont buy Vauxhall vans?

13 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Was once in France with an old girlfriend sleeping in the back of  my astravan with her and punched the ceiling of the van denting it and almost breaking my hand........ was in agony for days.............whats does that mean? dont buy Vauxhall vans?

Don't sleep in confined places.

For many, many years there was a recurrent theme to the dreams that I could recall. It was always a frustrating journey that never ended. I could never reach wherever it was that I was trying to get to. The locations varied as did the modes of travel, but always that same frustration. A journey without an ending.

I'd forgotten all about those dreams until the O/P raised this topic and, strangely enough, I do not recall having that kind of dream since living here in Thailand. I wonder whether a subconscious desire has been satisfied, because in my waking life I no longer have the 'wander lust' that I used to have either.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:01 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sometimes I don't know if my memories are real, or of a realistic dream I had a while back.

It's funny you will say that, Sometimes i am not sure if it was real or I dreamed it. 

I was sure the were building houses on a large tract of undeveloped land near my US house. I saw them , in my mind i can picture them ,Yet when I looked , there was nothing there.

Every time I drive by I have to look, I can't help myself, I am thinking to myself perhaps I missed them last time I looked, yet nothing there! Now I am sure I must have dreamed it.

6 hours ago, Ventenio said:

we don't dream.

It was said decades of years ago that your dreams are speeded up, and as you say, what is remember is only the last fraction.

However newer science states that you dream in real time speed, so the above statement is not valid according to new science.

Your are supposed to dream during the REM sleep, which occurs when the brains waves are on alpha level. The other brain wave levels are beta, when you are fully away, and delta, when you are in deep sleep.

With mind control training you can actually be able to be communicative awake at same time as your brain is in alpha, i.e. dream level, so it not impossible to remember dreams. Daydreaming are also in alpha level.

Scientific studies about sleep and dreams are ongoing, and the understanding about what goes on has changed a bit during later time; the last I read was that the good old just about 8 hours perfect sleep between 11 pm and 7 am is not valid anymore, it can be split into a number of shorter terms spread over a longer period. In other studies brain waves has been measured to create some – still extremely simple – dream images. One day we might be able to have an app that is recording our dreams – we probably need to wear a bluetooth dream-adapter cap during our sleep – so we next morning, or later, can review them on our smart phone, or whatever screen we might use by that time...????????

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

often showed to be something about future that became truth

Hopefully the dream I had last night comes true then.

I was high up in one building, looking across at another high rise with hundreds of rooms, each occupied by beautiful women, dressed in nothing but lingerie, doing a dance.

Then I woke up, so I don't know if anything more than observing would have happened. Very enjoyable though, especially for someone that spent many an hour in gogos. Perhaps it was just a memory of my times in a gogo adjusted a bit.

Have to say though, that dream was not at all "weird"

I sometimes have a dream of people chasing me and stabbing me with spears.  Though not causing any pain when stabbed, I can feel the spears when they stick me.  Sometimes the dream continues when I wake up.  

Alternatively, in real life, back in 1972 I was hunted by three North Vietnamese soldiers who, I assume, did not want to fire their weapons becaue of where we were.  The soldiers had fixed bayonets on their rifles.  

Lasted about 45 minutes or an hour before I was able to lose them in the thick brush.  My only weapon was one M26 grenade. 

I actually remembered my dream this morning. I was in a foreign country, because I met a British expat there, but I don't know where it was. I was on the coast, and riding a motorbike across rugged hilly country. The bike broke down and I was in a workshop trying to fix it. Instead of a petrol motor it had a very large electric motor driving the wheel with a v belt. I had grabbed some plastic tubes and they came away in my hand. Then I woke up.

The dream didn't seem weird at all. Apart from the tubes not having any apparent purpose, everything made sense. The ride across the hills seemed very realistic.

Archived