Looking for a good cheap T.V any recommendations ?

fforest1

12 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

The fundamental rule of life is that "cheap" and "good" don't go together. Old saying from m my mother : "buy cheap, cry again and again; buy expensive, cry only once".

And that view predates post-war Japan and now China - you often do not have to pay high prices for good quality these days and low priced items often outlast higher priced versions.  But yes, if you insist on the absolutely lowest priced item it may well not be a good value.    

• Like 2

19 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

The fundamental rule of life is that "cheap" and "good" don't go together. Old saying from m my mother : "buy cheap, cry again and again; buy expensive, cry only once".

You can no longer count on premium brand names.  Few of the big names manufacture their own components any more.  Largely anonymous OEM's will produce TV's and other products for any number of manufacturers on the same production lines.  There is a plenitude of YT videos showing the very cheap innards of many so called premium TVs.   Sorry, but these days, you don't necessarily get what you pay for when you buy by a brand name. 

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, natway09 said:

Not the manufacturers fault.     Rubbish in,,,, rubbish out

The question you should be asking is which provider has the best transmitted  picture quality ?

Get a good DVD player with an original movie & you will see what I mean

DVD's have gone the way of cassette tapes.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, Henryford said:

TVs are so cheap now. I recently bought a 40in  HD smart tv TCL from Lazada for 5,490 baht. Came with Netflix and YouTube apps, very good picture. 

Well guys TCL won the popularity contest on this thread so that was the one I went with.......I almost bought this TV.....The 40in  HD smart tv TCL from Lazada....

But I found a  43in  HD smart tv TCL display model on clearance at Power Buy for 4990 Baht......And I bought that instead......

It seems like a great T.V......The only slight problem is if the brightness is all the way up the colors get a bit to saturated.....But if the brightness is lowered the colors look a lot better to me......

Any ways I wanted to thank everyone for their help.....