Where is the nearest place outside Thailand to get NON 0

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon where you are located here.

The consulates in Savannakhet, Laos and Penang, Malaysia will do single entry non-o  based upon retirement if that is the reason you want one.

Hi Ubonjoe

I am in Chiang mai.

Yes that is the reason i want one.

Its just that i went on the Thai Embassy WEBSITE in Ho Chi Min City Vietnam and there is no reference to NON 0

Just mentions a NON 0-A which i am not really interested in.

I want a NON 0 with the view of returning to Thailand and obtaining a extension of stay (If that makes sense.)

Edited by tigerbalm
Forgot to add some stuff LOL

43 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Its just that i went on the Thai Embassy WEBSITE in Ho Chi Min City Vietnam and there is no reference to NON 0

Just mentions a NON 0-A which i am not really interested in.

The will not do one.

44 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

I want a NON 0 with the view of returning to Thailand and obtaining a extension of stay (If that makes sense.)

These are the requirements for Savannakhet. Penang wants the same thing.

Required documents

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page(s) shows the applicant’s photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
  5. Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate of applicant's nationality (My note about this. It means proof of retirement)
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106949-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

In Penang the fee is RM 300.

Vientiane will do one but they want a medical certificate and a police clearance. They will accept them done here in Thailand.

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The will not do one.

These are the requirements for Savannakhet. Penang wants the same thing.

Required documents

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page(s) shows the applicant’s photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank statement (minimum of THB 800,000)  4,
  5. Official letter from the concerned Embassy/Consulate of applicant's nationality (My note about this. It means proof of retirement)
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/th/services/9736/106949-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(For-the-purpose.html

In Penang the fee is RM 300.

Vientiane will do one but they want a medical certificate and a police clearance. They will accept them done here in Thailand.

Ok Thanks for that ...

Just 2 more items for clarification if possible..

4. or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)

Q1. Can this be either from a UK bank or a Thai Bank where one puts in the 650000 a month from an overseas transfer in to a Thai bank highlighted by the abreviation FTT on the entry Which i have been doing for the last 11 months.

And the 2nd querie

Q2. Certain Countries namely mine the UK one, has stopped issuing income letters never heard of them issuing proof of retirement, how would a Embassy prove that.

Thanks in advance

Regards

TB

4 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

4. or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)

Q1. Can this be either from a UK bank or a Thai Bank where one puts in the 650000 a month from an overseas transfer in to a Thai bank highlighted by the abreviation FTT on the entry Which i have been doing for the last 11 months.

A bank statement from your Thai bank and a letter from your bank. Having a pension statement might help or be enough.

5 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Q2. Certain Countries namely mine the UK one, has stopped issuing income letters never heard of them issuing proof of retirement, how would a Embassy prove that.

People have done a statement that they were retired and had it notarized by their embassy. Even a certified copy of your pension statement would be accepted.

It may not be needed if you are using the income option. It is not needed with proof of income from a embassy.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A bank statement from your Thai bank and a letter from your bank. Having a pension statement might help or be enough.

People have done a statement that they were retired and had it notarized by their embassy. Even a certified copy of your pension statement would be accepted.

It may not be needed if you are using the income option. It is not needed with proof of income from a embassy.

I don't think you can get a one year Non O anywhere in SE Asia.

They may issue Non O for 90 days...

To be extended in Thailand by meeting financial requirements of Thai Immigration.

I see another option written about on here from time to time.

When you extension is about to expire, leave the county and come back in after it has expired.

You will get a 30 day Visa of some sort. From there, you go to TI and apply for a one year Non O extension based on retirement.

You won't need a letter of retirement..doctors or police clearance of any sort.

Is this correct?

4 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

When you extension is about to expire, leave the county and come back in after it has expired.

You will get a 30 day Visa of some sort. From there, you go to TI and apply for a one year Non O extension based on retirement.

If you leave Thailand without a re-entry permit, your current extension will no longer be valid. Then you re-enter Thailand without a visa and (depending on your nationality) will be given a 30 day visa exempt entry. In other words you're given 30 day entry without a visa.

Then go to immigrations and apply for a conversion to a non-imm O     90 day entry. During the last 30 days of that entry you can go to immigrations and apply for a year's extension of stay based on retirement.

4 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

You won't need a letter of retirement..doctors or police clearance of any sort.

Not sure if that amounts to less hassle than the other method.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang will issue one if you have 800k baht in the bank and proof of retirement.

Proof of retirement?  Over 50,  any letter showing ur getting a pension or ss?

So, no 2 months before, 3 after and 400,000 the rest of the year!!
Why has no one latched on to this??

27 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Proof of retirement?  Over 50,  any letter showing ur getting a pension or ss?

So, no 2 months before, 3 after and 400,000 the rest of the year!!
Why has no one latched on to this??

You have to travel to Penang to get it....then  out of Thailand every 90 days. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You have to travel to Penang to get it....then  out of Thailand every 90 days. 

Thats still fantastic,

beats the hassle of getting the extension for many (dealing with the $$ issue)

Penang is one of my favorite cites in the world

PS before Ubon said

For retirement it would require 800k baht in the bank with proof of retirement or proof of 65k baht income .

That was info to apply for a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement. Then you could apply for the one year extension at immigration.  

so now u can do a 1 year?

Edited by phuketrichard