Apple’s Tim Cook surprises locals at Wat Arun

webfact

Apple’s Tim Cook surprises locals at Wat Arun

By THE NATION

800_068eb008f3f60f9.jpg?v=1576219181

Apple Inc’s chief executive officer Tim Cook is on a surprise visit to Thailand, posting on his personal twitter account on Friday (December 13):

“สวัสดี Thailand! My journey this morning along the Chao Phraya River culminated in a visit to the peaceful Wat Arun. Thank you Jirasak Panpiansin for showing me this historic temple through your lens. (IG: joez19)”

Untitled1.jpg

Photo: twitter @tim_cook

Jirasak Panpiansin is a Thai photographer whose portfolio appeared on Apple’s instagram account in April 2017.

Cook later posted another tweet of him visiting students at Satit-Chulalongkorn school in Bangkok’s Pathum Wan district. There has been no official report of his visit to Thailand but the chief of the tech giant last week called on Seiko Advance in Japan and Singapore Airlines in Singapore.

Untitled.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379404

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-13

3 hours ago, atyclb said:

tim cook will have some more cash to holiday with since the new "spec'd out" mac pro costs 52,000.00 fifty two thousand usd . 

28-Core, 1.5TB RAM, 4TB of SSD storage, 6k display

Can you live with less :biggrin:

58 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:
4 hours ago, atyclb said:

tim cook will have some more cash to holiday with since the new "spec'd out" mac pro costs 52,000.00 fifty two thousand usd . 

maybe just buy the monitor stand for 1k usd

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Can you live with less :biggrin:

Like you can seriously distinguish between 4k and 6k when little is being shot or game developed even in 4k.  This whole 8k thing is a sales gimmick.

And I can build such a windows machine for a whole lot less then this with the same standards.  One of my buds used to work at the Intel research center in Fort Collins CO, his machine seriously rocks for not much money.  Learned a lot from him.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

1.5TB RAM

WFT you need 1.5TB RAM - running global weather simulations?

23 hours ago, Thian said:

Solly mr Cook, temple closed, hab longtailboat on liver, i give you cheap price...you like?

I guess Wat Arun was closed, closed just for him, judging by the photograph he was given the place to himself.

15 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Like you can seriously distinguish between 4k and 6k when little is being shot or game developed even in 4k.  This whole 8k thing is a sales gimmick.

Absolutely laughable.

Even for 4k and a screen size of 50 inch you would need a viewing distance of 1 meter (40 inch) to see a difference to a lower resolution (with good eye sight).

And this Apple XDR is 32 inch(!) and 6k(!).

Almost stick your nose to the display.

Same gimmick is 6 inch smartphone display with 4k. Just to swank with numbers.

28 minutes ago, Stocky said:

WFT you need 1.5TB RAM - running global weather simulations?

Of course it's far from a typical PC.

I can only guess: (animation) movie production, real heavy video processing (encoding, format conversion), 3D, virtual reality ...

?

Archived