40k per month for Marriage Visa

I would like to change my visa from non b with work permit to non o based on marriage and need some advice regarding the monthly deposits. Looking at my monthly deposits for the last 12 months I total over 900,000 baht. However, for 2 months (April and August) I only received 14700 and 28500. The other 10 months are over the 40000k threshold.

These deposits are a combination of a Thai wage which is 30000 baht per month and from funds transferred overseas.

Can I still use these deposits to meet the financial requirement despite 2 months being below the 40k threshold?

The rules state a average income of 40k baht or more can be used to apply for an extension based upon marriage. But some offices are saying it cannot be done.

The other problem you may have is that some offices have not accepted a income from working here (proven by tax payments) and income  transferred from abroad to meet the 40k baht requirement.

I suggest you get proof of 12 months of transfers from abroad from you bank and proof of your income from working and ask your local immigration office about it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stese said:

I total over 900,000 baht.

If you have had 400,000 in your account for say 3 months, get a letter from the bank as proof of funds being in there for that period, cost about 200 baht, then once approved at immigration for the marriage visa/extension, draw down on the 900,000 baht to live off, repeat again next year, solves the 40,000 baht proof method, just saying.

I tried to renew my marriage extension using the income method in November at Khon Kaen and was rejected because the IO was not interested in the average monthly income which all documents showed that I exceeded the amount. He was only interested in every month and only 12 of them, but the Australian pension is not paid monthly, it is paid every 4 weeks so I get 13 payments per year and not 12. The other option for you is to do what I did and that is to go to Savannakhet and get a 1 year multi entry non "O" visa based on marriage. This will cost you 5000baht and there is no financials needed but you must do a border run every 90 days. 

• Thanks 1

simple best methor have keep 400 000 B in bank and add ewery yar new visa, thats is all. i have only income, my retiree salary 700€ about 31 000 B/month only but can live easy good life in home, normal retiree pension life, no need more. normal human no need more mean. if not have 400 000 B take own country loan 400000 and pay ewery month back 40 000 B if can 10 -12 month you have full all money. i waste 900 000 B my new house and no havbe visa 400 000 now in bank but simple easy wife take loan 400 000 B ewery year 3 month before visa making, and 2 week after visa has stamped pay loan at bank back, little expensive but simple way if not have visa money. i has make viosa 4 year before has in bank 400 000 B but now 2 year have take bank 400 000B loan and after visa stamp has pay back to bank this loan. simple because i build we new house old has wery <deleted>. 900 000 B can build little 3 room big kitchen12x4meter  2 bathroom,30x20meter live room all tiled and europe guality , mean lot better safety elektronic, and all painted good and made insulation lot in roof and ewery floor in and out have tiled. only tiles cost ewerywere 50 000 B cheap. little smallest house i has build before 2 room 2 bathroom,livearea and kitchen cost my old land 2000$ i made all itself, brickwall,concretework,roof,no need pay anybody anytink job salary. new big house i has 3 men worker, cost 8 month work 10 000B / men,

• Confused 1