USA SSDI INCOME LETTER

Why will immigration not allow the annual Social Security letter of income? What am I gonna do now and when the march 19 laws go into effect? The banks will not accept wire transfers any more. I doubt I will gat non-immigrant O extenson this month because all I can do is ATM. International SWIFT? My bank will not do.

• Confused 1

The proof of income using transfers into a bank from abroad went into effect in December of last year. This year they have allowed less than 12 months of transfers into the bank. In January the might also be flexible since the order was not released until January of this year.

Which bank does not accept transfers into the country. I am still getting them into Bangkok Bank every month.

Your letter from the SSA would serve as proof of the source of your income if needed. It will not be accepted for proof of income.

• Thanks 1

married

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Do like me. Take off before the expiration of your visa, if you have more time to kill or things to do, come back in on an waiver or SETV, then get a one year visa in Cambo and go there. Or go back to the USA, thats where Im headed for the summer.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The proof of income using transfers into a bank from abroad went into effect in December of last year. This year they have allowed less than 12 months of transfers into the bank. In January the might also be flexible since the order was not released until January of this year.

What if I ATM some money for the bills and have my bank mail me a check for deposit, Joe?

How much do I need to show every month? The money has to be in a Thai bank?

24 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Bangkok Bank will not accept transfers any more. Wells Fargo will not do international SWIFT

Have Social Security send it direct to your Bangkok Bank account, you might have to open a new account just for this. Are you registered with social security with a thailand address, if not you will have to contact the US  Embassy in the Philippines.

5 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Bangkok Bank will not accept transfers any more. Wells Fargo will not do international SWIFT

As I wrote Bangkok Bank still do transfers. I think you are referring to transfers via their New York branch to your account here.

Are you sure Wells Fargo will not do transfers to your Bangkok Bank account here.

5 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

What if I ATM some money for the bills and have my bank mail me a check for deposit, Joe?

How much do I need to show every month? The money has to be in a Thai bank?

You could have your bank do a check and mail to the branch in New York. I suggest you send a email to New York about it at [email protected] , You will receive the funds here in US dollars.

You would need to send at least enough to meet the 40k baht income requirement.

The 40k baht must be in a Thai bank.