Cleaning Fee at end of lease

Just wondering guys. Is a clean fee customery here when you rent a condo.

Was talking to a rental office and stupid me, asked if there was a cleaning fee at the end of my term.

I'm use to booking through Airbnb that normal thats normal.  

Quick smirk from the lady end she said it was 600baht. Something she did not mention until pretty much asked do you want more of my money. ????

2 hours ago, TamadeYao said:

when 1 out of 3 people you deal with tries to take advantage of you it makes a person. Wonder.  

I don't know about cleaning fees, but with Airbnb it's normal.

1 out of 3 really in Thailand, count your lucky stars ????

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't know about cleaning fees, but with Airbnb it's normal.

1 out of 3 really in Thailand, count your lucky stars ????

I'm at the condo now and I guess I lucked out with the agent I met off AirBnb. She included everything in the price.  water, electric, cleaning. So when the lady at the rental office at the same building said 600b after I mentioned it first.  It triggered some alarms. 

But thanks I guess I don't have to keep the place as clean as I did for my first agent.  

22 minutes ago, TamadeYao said:

I'm at the condo now and I guess I lucked out with the agent I met off AirBnb. She included everything in the price.  water, electric, cleaning. So when the lady at the rental office at the same building said 600b after I mentioned it first.  It triggered some alarms. 

But thanks I guess I don't have to keep the place as clean as I did for my first agent.  

I hope your not going to pay twice, i.e. you can tell the lady at the rental office that you made a mistake, e.g. the 600 baht for cleaning was included in the price and if you have a receipt show her, if not, show her the breakdown on the website for the particular condo.

That should sort it, if not get the Airbnb rep on the mobile.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I hope your not going to pay twice, i.e. you can tell the lady at the rental office that you made a mistake, e.g. the 600 baht for cleaning was included in the price and if you have a receipt show her, if not, show her the breakdown on the website for the particular condo.

That should sort it, if not get the Airbnb rep on the mobile.

Oh no thanks for the concern.  My first Agent's. Place is not available for me after our agreement is over.  I'm just moving a few floors down and renting from the on site rental office Afterwards.  I'm pretty surprised thought, they match my original agents price per month which is the price they usually ask for on a one year term.  But with water and electric extra.  Which I was already expecting.  

500 minimum, but really you understand what's best.  if it's not clear at all, then you just go with your "moral compass."  Someone will clean it, and you can basically say, "<deleted>" I'm not giving you 5 baht and be on your merry way.  But some people can afford at least a few hundred baht ... 

On 12/14/2019 at 5:36 PM, Max69xl said:

Who says that 600 baht is a fair price? If there's an official cleaning fee,it will be in the contract. 

Yes it should be in the contract. However, if 20 bucks payable at the end of your tenancy is a deal killer. I wouldn't want you as a tenant. No matter how short the tenancy.

We have a set 'cleaning' fee at the end of a tenancy and a charge for changing locks at the end of a tenants stay. The charges are payable at the beginning of the tenancy. 

Prospective tenant not happy. Bye Bye.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:36 AM, Max69xl said:

Who says that 600 baht is a fair price? If there's an official cleaning fee,it will be in the contract. 

One way or the other it's just 600 baht. Such a tiny amount that I wonder why anyone is spending time talking about it here. 

Archived