Climate change and Thailand

Misab

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

Don't panic. Ice, wherever it happens to be, does tend to melt in the sun. Hoever, the past three years, Greenland’s surface has gained 250 billion tons more ice than “normal.” 

2017 : +200 billion   2018 : +150 billion   2019 :  -100 billion

2019-08-02041331-1024x520.png

If your attention span allows it ..check out the facts..  

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/does-arctic-ice-doubt-reality-climate-change/

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

And nobody has thought about those minerals before? 

Or is it that they were not accessible through kilometers of ice until recently? 

As for military bases, no need for the US to worry, it is the sole constructor of these beauties, with a collection of over 800 spreaded over more than 100 countries... the competitors, if any, are still playing in their sand box... 

well they  bought alasaka  off the russians so I dont see any problem

26 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

If your attention span allows it ..check out the facts..  

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/does-arctic-ice-doubt-reality-climate-change/

why am i not surprised the graphs started at the peak year 1978

to give the impression of a downward trend rather then a cycle ?

this has the fingerprint of creative accounting,

mother nature has its cycles, always had always will,

the alarmists cherry pick starting dates, hide temper and even destroy

previous data, and show a trend starting from a peak,

which can only go in one direction by default,

until it hit the opposite peak according to the wave progression

sea ice extent.jpg

cyclical ice.jpg

Edited by brokenbone

8 hours ago, emptypockets said:

How do you explain the various heating and cooling  periods of the planet before man existed?

Many scientists believe the research that shows the level of CO2 is a function of temperature rise, not the cause of it. But it is inconvenient for the zealots and tax grabbing politicians to listen to them.

The various heating and cooling  periods of the planet before man existed happened over thousands of years, wildlife had time to adapt. This time it is happening over a few generations

Edited by Misab
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Misab said:

The various heating and cooling  periods of the planet before man existed happened over thousands of years, wildlife had time to adopt. This time it is happening over a few generations

yes, we can see how stuff has escalated as of late

sea level rise.jpg

wildfires.jpg

Holocene_Temperature_Variations.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Misab said:

The various heating and cooling  periods of the planet before man existed happened over thousands of years, wildlife had time to adapt. This time it is happening over a few generations

Also you write:  “Many scientists believe the research that shows the level of CO2 is a function of temperature rise, not the cause of it.

Could you please tell me which scientist there believe that because as far as I know, this is exactly the propaganda oil companies sends out.  But it can be reality when sea water gets too warm and release the stored CO2  then we will really be in trouble

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Misab said:

Also you write:  “Many scientists believe the research that shows the level of CO2 is a function of temperature rise, not the cause of it.

Could you please tell me which scientist there believe that because as far as I know, this is exactly the propaganda oil companies sends out.  But it can be reality when sea water gets too warm and release the stored CO2  then we will really be in trouble

look from 19.15 to at least 21 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhCQv5tNsQ

8 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

my forecast is that BOm wont under any circumstance display data pre 1907

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1138234-activist-thunberg-denounces-creative-pr-in-climate-fight/?do=findComment&comment=14851959

Edited by brokenbone

Here's how predictions work!!!!!

1.  Your age

2.  Number of years before likely death

Example:  You are 60, will die in 20 years.....so you MUST see the end of the world because it's the end of your world and you're selfish

So, in 20-years the Earth will ..... (google, more google, talk to older people, google, read stories on disasters, youtube)....

and presto.....you feel slightly better

I'm 111 years old, so the Earth will explode in 11 seconds

The OP stated that Thailand is/was fighting climate change. So Thailand is doing what the OP is a proponent of. So, as an entity, why is Thailand in the wrong?

Facts; not empathies, feelings and unactual suppositions are what should drive policies.

I mostly note that the levels of pollution in China invoke zero adverse comments. Wonder why?

10 minutes ago, alacrity said:

The OP stated that Thailand is/was fighting climate change. So Thailand is doing what the OP is a proponent of. So, as an entity, why is Thailand in the wrong?

Facts; not empathies, feelings and unactual suppositions are what should drive policies.

I mostly note that the levels of pollution in China invoke zero adverse comments. Wonder why?

We don't live in China

15 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Brokenbone beat me to it, debunking the dubious "facts" in your response to the sources I cited in relation to arctic ice.

That said, here's an interesting alternative theory about what is going on with our climate. Don't waste your time checking it out with Snopes, a one-man- and-his-dog outfit about as reliable as Thailand's new Ministry of Truth.

such a fresh breath of anyone giving a sh!t looking at long term cycles,

activists invariably pick a recent peak and start history from there,

the big picture gets lost without fail

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, uli65 said:

I can not not believe how many people are following blind this climate hoax fraud.

I can't believe how many people believe climate hoax nonsense.. truly unbelievable in the age of enlightenment.. or are we entering a dark age of superstition again?

16 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

I can't believe how many people believe climate hoax nonsense.. truly unbelievable in the age of enlightenment.. or are we entering a dark age of superstition again?

you gotta admit it becomes repetitive after a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eaxODT0oA0

Edited by brokenbone

On 12/14/2019 at 10:14 PM, Autonuaq said:

I was not aware the we did have had reliable satelite back in 1885 until about the 1969 period.

????

No, there was no satellite back then, but there's a reason for this reference point. And no, it's not because the temperature was the same 137 years ago; actually quite the opposite! Here's what's going on: Scientists mark the start of modern global record-keeping at roughly 137 years ago, in 1880.

On 12/14/2019 at 10:05 PM, Kwasaki said:

Yeah the USA people gets no problems from climate change that's why US govt does nothing about it.

I agree USA don't do much but I was writing about air pollution here caused mostly by fires

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 8:19 AM, emptypockets said:

How do you explain the various heating and cooling  periods of the planet before man existed?

Many scientists believe the research that shows the level of CO2 is a function of temperature rise, not the cause of it. But it is inconvenient for the zealots and tax grabbing politicians to listen to them.

As I've written here before; Past climate change has happened over thousands of years, nature had time to adapt, this time it happens within a few generations.
Read a little about climate change before you start writing fiction like this; "Many scientists believe the research that shows the level of CO2 is a function of temperature rise, not the cause of it."  This is pure nonsens.

47 minutes ago, Misab said:

"Many scientists believe the research that shows the level of CO2 is a function of temperature rise, not the cause of it."  This is pure nonsens.

no, you are wrong here,

there are alarmists that understand co2 is a function of

out/in gassing of ocean due to sea temperature,

hopefully at least one of the alarmists here understand at least that much, and will speak up.

how else would you explain co2 lag behind temperature

on an average of 800 years ?

on top of that is that its only the past million years any correlation can be noted at all, the million year

when the ice ages has correlated with eccentricity of milankovitch cycles, on the extreme low end of

both climate and co2 through history.

long time.jpg

620px-milankovitchcycles.jpg

800px-EPICA_temperature_plot.svg.png

Edited by brokenbone