Climate change and Thailand

Misab

So It's settled then. 

Maybe take a quick look at this,  just to be certain that the data is correct.  https://www.nexusnewsfeed.com/article/climate-ecology/media-manipulating-historic-temperature-figures-with-incomplete-data/?fbclid=IwAR2HK0OXzwd21wPTtugwf6qDfESTpdz6pfq3qJMMSIdQTKHdfmA73C0VPvo

Zharkova has some pretty impressive work on this topic,   maybe taking a look would be a good idea.   Knowledge is power.

https://watchers.news/2019/07/01/valentina-zharkova-on-the-upcoming-grand-solar-minimum/

Edited by samuttodd

15 hours ago, phycokiller said:

I read an article that my friend sent me and so I know its a hoax and all the scientists are wrong because Ive studied it and they just believe what they read in the newspapers. case closed

Well, hard to beat the deniers brigade they just keep on posting

But it doesn’t change the facts and I believe Australia is waking up now.

Edited by Misab

On 12/14/2019 at 3:45 PM, Laza 45 said:

If you look at the changes taking place in northern Thailand you will see that climate change is already affecting weather patterns.  Only a few years ago the south west monsoon coming off the Andaman sea was fairly dependable to bring rains to central Thailand and the north east.. the pattern from this monsoon now seems to be much drier & drought in many areas that used to get predictable seasonal rains from this monsoon.  Now very heavy rains on the south west coast and up in Chiang Mai area..but..  Korat, Phitsanulok, Khon Kaen & Kalasin, Mahasarakham and many other areas have been left dry..  The north east monsoon that comes through the Philippines has been getting much stronger due to rising sea temperatures.. bringing unprecedented flooding to many areas that have missed out on the south west monsoon.  The times they are a changin..  

At last a real observation. The SW Monsoon (aka rainy season) has been the most important weather feature for Thailand in recent history. The monsoon used to start pretty much on time in June and there would be heavy and quite persistent rain until October - this is what the farmers in most of the country could rely on for growing - but over the last 20 years the arrival and departure dates of the rain have become far less predictable, with much more variation in the total annual amount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:59 PM, Grusa said:

Do any of you seriously believe that khun Somchai in deepest Isaan, Mae Hong Son or even Chonburi, has heard of, knows anything about, understands the issues, or cares about Global Warming, or the potential drowning of Venice (where?) or Bangkok? No. He does not.

Do any of you seriously believe that said person knows understands or cares about PM 2-250, plastics, whales, hand washing, flushing toilets, flukes or aids? No. He does not.

Does he understand that breathing smoke, be it cigarettes, tokes, burning rubber tires or rice fields, can kill? No, he does not.

Does he understand that the taxes he should, could and might pay belong to him, not the government/hisos. Ditto the brown envelopes? No.

Does he understand that crash helmets and seat belts work, and amulets do not? No.

Is there any incentive for him to learn? Quite the reverse, the anti-thought, anti-questioning conditioning is way too effective.

Poor Somchai, Poor Thailand. Vive l'aristocracie! (Forgive the spelling)

I do know that Khun Somchai in Mae Hong Son washes his hands after he takes a dump.

On 12/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, phycokiller said:

I read an article that my friend sent me and so I know its a hoax and all the scientists are wrong because Ive studied it and they just believe what they read in the newspapers. case closed

i read that article from 1931 too,

i nearly crapped myself,

then i googled the worlds premier expert on sea level and calmed down

Abstract
Listen to Science, they say. But what science do they mean by that? Scaremongering or Observational-Based Science? This paper is devoted to the Science of the Oceans, i.e. the ocean circulation system with special reference to the Gulf Stream beat, the forces controlling this (i.e. the planetary beat on the Sun and the Earth), sea level changes and the nonsense of scaremongering. The following conclusions are drown: (1) The Gulf Stream Beat is a function of the planetary beat on the Sun, the Earth and the Earth-Moon system, (2) Sea level is not in a rapidly rising mode, and there is not a single point on Earth where a true acceleration in sea level has been observed, (3) The changes in sea level show an opposed trend between the northern hemisphere and the equatorial region on the Grand Solar cycle and the 60years cycle, and (4) Let us forget all the trouble about CO2, which has: no effects on ocean circulation, no effect on sea level, and small to negligible effects on temperature. For the near future, we foresee A New Grand Solar Minimum at around 2030-2050 when climate will return to cool conditions (i.e. a new Little Ice Age) and A Sea Level at year 2100 of about +5 cm ±15 cm, which poses no coastal problems at all.

sunday april 13 1931.png

Edited by brokenbone