No monthly income method in 2020

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
36 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

So what did they accept in lieu of the embassy letter?

He used monthly transfers to apply for his extension.

So, if there was no misinterpretation of what was said to the OP, why was the subject of Embassy letters even brought up by the IO when (a) they are no longer available from the US Embassy and (b) he didn't want or need to use one anyway?

I suspect that the OP, or his wife, did misunderstand what was said to him, and that the IO was not saying that the income method cannot be used next time at all (unless he was privy to a yet to be announced change in the regulations).

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So, if there was no misinterpretation of what was said to the OP, why was the subject of Embassy letters even brought up by the IO when (a) they are no longer available from the US Embassy and (b) he didn't want or need to use one anyway?

I suspect that the OP, or his wife, did misunderstand what was said to him, and that the IO was not saying that the income method cannot be used next time at all (unless he was privy to a yet to be announced change in the regulations).

There is also a possibility that officer was confused and read the alternative bank verification for countries not issuing letters as just valid for this year (as same paper mentioned some leeway could be allowed this year) rather than an ongoing provision.  This has not been a good year for immigration officers anymore than for many of us with the high profile/hide/stop/start/go/hold/do/don't issues we have seen and all have had to navigate through.  May the next year be less troubled.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

So what did they accept in lieu of the embassy letter? If it was your VA document, they were being very accommodating. 

If this VA document gives 'proof of sustainable income' then I wouldn't regard IOs acceptance of it in any way 'accommodating'. This is what the IOs want to see. My pension statements were actually asked for by my IO in Sakon Nakhon for just this reason.

The embassy letters used to provide 'proof of income' (he said laughingly!) Now it's up to us to do so ourselves.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

My monthly deposits come through the bank of Bangkok New York branch from a direct deposit from the US veterans administration. I presented a sealed letter from the VA to confirm where the money came from.

The new requirements regarding the >65k monthly method started January 1 this year. Did you use an income letter/affidavit from your embassy last year in December 2018 when you applied for the extension? 

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The new requirements regarding the >65k monthly method started January 1 this year. Did you use an income letter/affidavit from your embassy last year in December 2018 when you applied for the extension? 

Yes

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Because that they no longer get the letter from the US embassy to confirm income".

Why did he remind you about the income confirmation letters not being available when you hadn't used that method?

The immigration boss told me he was giving me a break this year and said that the US and 4 other countries were no longer issuing the affidavit income letters. Every 90 day report prior to doing this last visa extension we asked about what the requirements were and they said we needed the bank letters and some sort of written evidence of where the pension was coming from. 

Edited by kiteman9

On 12/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, kiteman9 said:

Because the US embassy is no longer doing the notarized affidavit letter to verify my income.

The new method for income is bank statements and cover letter from bank showing deposits from foreign source, and bring updated bankbook of current day.

4 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

The new method for income is bank statements and cover letter from bank showing deposits from foreign source, and bring updated bankbook of current day.

That is exactly what I used.

2 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

The immigration boss told me he was giving me a break this year and said that the US and 4 other countries were no longer issuing the affidavit income letters. Every 90 day report prior to doing this last visa extension we asked about what the requirements were and they said we needed the bank letters and some sort of written evidence of where the pension was coming from. 

The UK,US and Australian embassies doesn't issue income letters since January 1 2019. 

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

There must have been a misunderstanding from OP's part. There's no way the IO said anything  about no income method next year. He must have been talking about the need for bank statements and bank letters from the bank when there are no more income letters from his embassy. This is old news.  

• Like 1

<removed> I meant my letters with a seal on them, that I downloaded from the Veterans affairs e benefits WEB  site. The letter was read over by 2 immigration officers extensively. I believe that without having them He possibly would not have approved my extension. 

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of a removed post and a comment about it

1 hour ago, kiteman9 said:

<removed> I meant my letters with a seal on them, that I downloaded from the Veterans affairs e benefits WEB  site. The letter was read over by 2 immigration officers extensively. I believe that without having them He possibly would not have approved my extension. 

If they're like the Socials ones you save them as a PDF - which can then be edited to show any income you like before printing. Just saying

Until we see offical communications from Immigration I think it is safe to say that the ext stay/ret - Income method is still "legal".

If Immigration chooses to do away with this option then they'll have to give more notice than "next year", or "2020".

Big Oud seems to be softening a bit, so can't see this option being eliminated, and if it were it would be grandfathered for exisiting "aliens" currently using it, I would hope. 

These documents are availabe in Thai as well...

590231773_Amendmenttopoliceorder138-2557(Eng).pdf 1112337993_Policeorder35-2562changeof327-2557clasue2.22(Eng).pdf

38 minutes ago, kiteman9 said:

It is Bank of Bangkok bro look it up.

No it is Bangkok Bank PCL and has been that name for the 50 years I have used them and since it was established in 1944.  A simple Google would tell you that.

Seal is probably the wrong word to use. If you had written stamped and/or signed it would of been better.

Seal actually means a wax seal. Example follows.

image.jpeg.f291a80142237b95e7ffd9fe9bb59cfc.jpeg

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

If they're like the Socials ones you save them as a PDF - which can then be edited to show any income you like before printing. Just saying

What he had apparently satisfied immigration since they matched his bank statements. They are only to prove the source of income.

I made copies of two letters sent to me by mail and had the originals to show. One showing my income for last year and another one informing me of my income this year. I showed those and gave immigration the copies.That was when the immigration officer in charge of the office was going through all the supporting documents (13 pages in total) for my extension application before it was even accepted for submittal. 

It is Bank of Bangkok bro look it up.

Left this quote of a removed post.

19 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

No it is Bangkok Bank PCL and has been that name for the 50 years I have used them and since it was established in 1944.  A simple Google would tell you that.

It is common error I have seen many times.

Their logo helps to remember the correct name. image.png.d945500f17b75fe3b6a2486540fd3688.png

28 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Sorry I've made another highly technical writing error. Corrected again Bangkok Bank

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are you going to confirm whether you made 12 monthly transfers over 65k? you don't seem to want to answer it but it's very relevant

He answered in posts 5 and 8 - in five saying making monthly deposits and in eight saying he did not want to change from making monthly deposits.  The only point he did not address was the amount being 65k or more but if above income sheet correct it would appear to be well above that amount.

Edited by lopburi3

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

He answered in posts 5 and 8 - in five saying making monthly deposits and in eight saying he did not want to change from making monthly deposits.  The only point he did not address was the amount being 65k or more but if above income sheet correct it would appear to be well above that amount.

Like i said he hasn't confirmed yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Left this quote of a removed post.

It is common error I have seen many times.

Their logo helps to remember the correct name. image.png.d945500f17b75fe3b6a2486540fd3688.png

Their name helps to remember their correct name!  Apart from the OP, who has ever referred to that bank as the Bank of Bangkok?

18 hours ago, kiteman9 said:
22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Because that they no longer get the letter from the US embassy to confirm income".

Why did he remind you about the income confirmation letters not being available when you hadn't used that method?

We all know about the countries that no longer provide those letters which seems to be irrelevant to your application, i.e. monthly transfers to your Thai bank. 

Can you please confirm what it was that the IO was "giving you a break for this year".   You had the +B65k transferred from outside Thailand to your Thai bank, yes?

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Their name helps to remember their correct name!  Apart from the OP, who has ever referred to that bank as the Bank of Bangkok?

Actually that has happened quite a lot during the years I have been reading the forum - but just looking at a passbook tells you the correct name.

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Can you please confirm what it was that the IO was "giving you a break for this year".   You had the +B65k transferred from outside Thailand to your Thai bank, yes?

He confirmed he had 12 transfers on page 2.

He did not say they were all above 65k baht but his application would not of been accepted if he did not have them

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He did not say they were all above 65k baht but his application would not of been accepted if he did not have them

the IO showed him leniency, so some or all could have been under 65k.

One possibility is the transfers were well under 65k, the IO let him off this time but said next time 800k only as clearly transfers weren't big enough

Edited by scubascuba3

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

To add will point out New York has allowed transfers from US Banks until recently - so my OPM payment is made to such an account and I then transferred it via New York so might have said I was directly depositing my pay to Bangkok meaning it all was being sent onward.  I would be wrong but it would be easy to say.